SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 pm

old farmer wrote:Sorry PG. I went back as little as round 8 2014 and found a home loss. Good story though. ;)

:lol: :oops: Oh shit how could I forget about that! :oops:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Jetters wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Jetters wrote:
Roaring Lion! wrote:Central United play hard but are a very disciplined unit of young blokes so it's sad to see that from the actions of 1 x loose cannon have cost them their season & any chance of playing finals this year but this will make the playing group hungry for success next season.
Harsh penalty seeing the huge improvement out there but guess this a huge warning to all clubs that bad behaviour is being cracked down on with heavy consequences & all coaches have to look out for their playing groups & remove these types of players from the ground for a rest before they get tired as that's when frustration boils over which now hurts your whole club.

This is bizarre comment.

Going by their record (what else could you go by!?) they are the most ill disciplined, or very close to, club in the SAAFL.

Not bizarre at all. I'm sure Roaring Lion's comment is based on his observations in 2014, not previous seasons. Those that have played against Central United in 2014 would agree that they have been hard at it, but disciplined......unfortunately for them, with one obvious exception.

You can't just ignore previous seasons.
And you can't disregard the most heavily penalised incident this year of shithousery as a mere exception. It more or less just never happens at 90% of clubs. Just a select few.

Nobody is ignoring previous seasons. To be honest, I'm not really in a position to judge how Central United go about it. I've only observed them in 2 games this year and based on those two games they were much more disciplined than what they have been in the past. So, from my point of view it seemed like they were heading in the right direction. There are plenty of other contributors to this forum that would agree. It seems their good progress has been spoilt by one individual. Now, if you think that's bizarre.....then that's what it is.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Jetters » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Jetters wrote:You can't just ignore previous seasons.
And you can't disregard the most heavily penalised incident this year of shithousery as a mere exception. It more or less just never happens at 90% of clubs. Just a select few.

Yes you can. How long do you expect a club to be judged on previous seasons? For all you know they may have replaced the entire playing list, committee and coach.

Fact of the matter is that only two players have been suspended from Central United this season - Brad Woodward for abusive language (1 week) back in something like Round 4, and this moron Bain, so that would tell me that they have been a disciplined side on every other occasion - and that is what the people who faced them will judge them on - not something they may have done in previous seasons.

Well the SAAFL thinks previous seasons are worth judging a club on...hence their extra conditions and restrictions

A club should be judged over a reasonable period, a few years.

Even if judged on this year they are one of the most heavily penalised clubs, this does not suggest a significant improvement from an objective point of view.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:54 pm

This is bizarre comment.

Going by their record (what else could you go by!?) they are the most ill disciplined, or very close to, club in the SAAFL.

Not bizarre at all. I'm sure Roaring Lion's comment is based on his observations in 2014, not previous seasons. Those that have played against Central United in 2014 would agree that they have been hard at it, but disciplined......unfortunately for them, with one obvious exception.[/quote]

And you can't disregard the most heavily penalised incident this year of shithousery as a mere exception. It more or less just never happens at 90% of clubs. Just a select few.[/quote]
Nobody is ignoring previous seasons. To be honest, I'm not really in a position to judge how Central United go about it. I've only observed them in 2 games this year and based on those two games they were much more disciplined than what they have been in the past. So, from my point of view it seemed like they were heading in the right direction. There are plenty of other contributors to this forum that would agree. It seems their good progress has been spoilt by one individual. Now, if you think that's bizarre.....then that's what it is.[/quote][/quote]

But this incident basically never happens at nearly all clubs!
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Jetters wrote:Even if judged on this year they are one of the most heavily penalised clubs, this does not suggest a significant improvement from an objective point of view.

Heavily penalised as in total matches received - yes
Heavily penalised as in total players incurring suspension - no
Jetters wrote:

Which part? The report? The suspension? The striking? The spitting?

It's obvious the SAAFL are enforcing severe penalties this year to send a very clear message to clubs and players, you only need to look at the severity of a lot of suspensions this year to see that.

10x players this season have been suspended for 5 or more games for an individual incident.
38x seperate clubs have fronted the tribunal this season.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:58 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Jetters wrote:Even if judged on this year they are one of the most heavily penalised clubs, this does not suggest a significant improvement from an objective point of view.

Heavily penalised as in total matches received - yes
Heavily penalised as in total players incurring suspension - no
Jetters wrote:

Which part? The report? The suspension? The striking? The spitting?

It's obvious the SAAFL are enforcing severe penalties this year to send a very clear message to clubs and players, you only need to look at the severity of a lot of suspensions this year to see that.

10x players this season have been suspended for 5 or more games for an individual incident.
38x seperate clubs have fronted the tribunal this season.

Did you post that? Or just think that?

The life bans? The what was it, 30+ games suspensions in one seasons? When the sh*t hit the umpires door?

BTW - A team can still be hard at it and win a flag
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Jetters wrote:
This is bizarre comment.

Not bizarre at all. I'm sure Roaring Lion's comment is based on his observations in 2014, not previous seasons. Those that have played against Central United in 2014 would agree that they have been hard at it, but disciplined......unfortunately for them, with one obvious exception.

And you can't disregard the most heavily penalised incident this year of shithousery as a mere exception. It more or less just never happens at 90% of clubs. Just a select few.[/quote]
Nobody is ignoring previous seasons. To be honest, I'm not really in a position to judge how Central United go about it. I've only observed them in 2 games this year and based on those two games they were much more disciplined than what they have been in the past. So, from my point of view it seemed like they were heading in the right direction. There are plenty of other contributors to this forum that would agree. It seems their good progress has been spoilt by one individual. Now, if you think that's bizarre.....then that's what it is.[/quote][/quote]

But this incident basically never happens at nearly all clubs![/quote]

Sorry Jetters but I fail to comprehend what it has to do with a person involved in a Div 3 club, heading for Div 2. I happen to be good mates with carey and I know first hand the painstaking work that has been done at CU to clean up their image. Yes, the priors can't be forgotten but when you think you have ticked all the boxes and are on track then this happens it puts you back a long way. You of all people know the rabble MP used to be and the rep they carried, it's taken a long time to get some cred with the clubs we play against. Frankly that's where you start, other clubs like your own can say what they like, but do it on another forum. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Roaring Lion! » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Jetters that's the beauty about safooty forums is that everyone can make comments on what they see or games we are involved in or even have an opinion in general
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Roaring Lion! wrote:Jetters that's the beauty about safooty forums is that everyone can make comments on what they see or games we are involved in or even have an opinion in general

Hahaha, don't you side with him Roaring Lion. He's a troll but I still like him, lol. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Jetters » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Just sharing my opinion Yankman as Roaring Lion described :)

No one has anything to say in Div 3.

Im sure its frustrating and unfair on those who are doing the right thing, but for people to say they are disciplined is evidently not the case if they are responsible for the most feral incident in the SAAFL this year.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Did you post that? Or just think that?

The life bans? The what was it, 30+ games suspensions in one seasons? When the sh*t hit the umpires door?

BTW - A team can still be hard at it and win a flag

I thought the shit on the door incident was last year? :? I'm confused, these days every day is the same and I lose track of time lol
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Hmmmm.......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:36 am

Gotta love Jetters.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 am

Aside from the Bain explosion, 1 week suspension for abusive language is hardly anything to crucify a club for.. The fact 1 bloke has stained the whole image of the club trying there utmost to change it is a shame.. So Jetters, ship off back to div 3 and get off CU's case
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:50 am

I sort of agree with Jetters *patooey* - but why poke your nose in? You're away in the lofty heights of the mercenary leagues.

The sanctions are there for a reason - CU as a club have had really poor discipline standards for quite a few years and have now had another incident of a serious nature. It sucks for the good people there, and there were seemingly moving in the right direction but it is still a huge step backwards.

Still, 9 games is better than 30+, and I guess this is where the goodwill from the kind folks of sa footy is being generated.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Hefty » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:57 am

Jetters wrote:Just sharing my opinion Yankman as Roaring Lion described :)

No one has anything to say in Div 3.

Im sure its frustrating and unfair on those who are doing the right thing, but for people to say they are disciplined is evidently not the case if they are responsible for the most feral incident in the SAAFL this year.

What no one in Div 3 has anything to say about your cheating c$%t of a B grade umpire??? Find that hard to believe.....
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby jo172 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 am

On a tangent it seems the League as a whole has been relatively well behaved. If you take out the reports/suspensions for misconduct/abusive and insulting language it seems like there's been a marked reduction in "violent" incidents.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Exactly jo. I think what the league is doing is obviously working.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:26 pm

morell wrote:Exactly jo. I think what the league is doing is obviously working.

agree to most degrees :) but taking their victories away which they earnt fairly and squarely needs a rethink IMO

having future games confiscated and rewarded to the opposition is the fair way for me

9 weeks suspension = 9 future quarters forfeited & the game in which the incident occurred is also forfieted

so...

Round 14: Blackfriars rewarded victory (game of the incident)
Round 15: Angle rewarded victory - a CU forfieted game
Round 16: Mitchell Park rewarded victory - a CU forfeited game

CU now have 1 quarter carry over points
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:41 pm

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Exactly jo. I think what the league is doing is obviously working.

agree to most degrees :) but taking their victories away which they earnt fairly and squarely needs a rethink IMO

having future games confiscated and rewarded to the opposition is the fair way for me

9 weeks suspension = 9 future quarters forfeited & the game in which the incident occurred is also forfieted

so...

Round 14: Blackfriars rewarded victory (game of the incident)
Round 15: Angle rewarded victory - a CU forfieted game
Round 16: Mitchell Park rewarded victory - a CU forfeited game

CU now have 1 quarter carry over points

Marbles.
Why are you highlighting a Div 994 win in a semi final on your sign on?
That's nearly as bad as Morell with You win Morell on his.
Gained under false pretences by the way.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League