SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby piglet1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:21 am

piccachu wrote:Went down to rosewater footy club friday night for a few beers with a mate and couldnt help to notice the amount of Lads walking in and out of office with the football director, some pretty handy players amongst them. Daniel Reardon to miss the first half of the season with a broken jaw after an altercation that took place at the ramsgate on the weekend.

I think Daniels missing out on the first half of the year as he will be touring around Australia as reardfu.
piglet1
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:26 am

piccachu wrote:. Daniel Reardon to miss the first half of the season with a broken jaw after an altercation that took place at the ramsgate on the weekend.

Errr, he looks ok to me.... :? and the fact that he doesn't shut up indicates that his jaw is fine ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby piccachu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:42 am

[quoteErrr, he looks ok to me.... and the fact that he doesn't shut up indicates that his jaw is fine ][/quote]
he was struck on the top of his face ( his words not mine) and was very angry with team mate Shaun jacobsen for not giving him a hand when this all went down
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby beeroclock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 pm

morell wrote:Mt Lofty would win Div 6 in a canter and probably go through close to undefeated.

Silly silly comment.
When this is proven false you must take down that ridicules You Win Morell because that is also out of context.
First loss by Mt Lofty.
Thank you.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby lutz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 pm

beeroclock wrote:
morell wrote:Mt Lofty would win Div 6 in a canter and probably go through close to undefeated.

Silly silly comment.
When this is proven false you must take down that ridicules You Win Morell because that is also out of context.
First loss by Mt Lofty.
Thank you.

Your comments indicate a reasonable amount of confidence that Mt Lofty will in fact be in D6 next year... What makes you believe this?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby beeched iizzz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 pm

The Lofty comment about the premiership is not a silly one. The best 21 from 2013 would ABSOLUTELY BELT any div 6 side.... But that wouldn't be the side that would enter SAAFL if they did. 80% would join other central division clubs
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 am

lofty are being made out to have half an sanfl side that theyre so good. I doubt theyre that supreme as they so considering they finsished bottom and can hardly win a game, ie: phos camden - yeah div 1 but theyll belt anyone phht as if

whats the biggest distance one would have to travel to play an opponent in their current mtlofty comp
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby beeched iizzz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 am

So you rekon that a SAAFL div 1 side who finished bottom wouldnt pants any div 6 side....if that's what your saying you're delirious! Mate Div 6 is a fun comp and competitive in its own right...but a dive 1 bottom side would destroy the premiers in div 6
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Postby morell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 am

beeroclock wrote:

Silly silly comment.
First loss by Mt Lofty.
Thank you.
Are we trying to speak in Haiku now?

Its not silly at all. If the side that played last year for Mt Lofty enter D6 holistically, they will win it in an absolute canter. Of course I suspect they may very well lose a few players if they do, and I think it would be a silly move for their football club, but even still, they would start very, very short priced favourites in my book.

I think a fair few posters need to begin understanding the strength of some of the leagues south of Grand Junction Road. Talks of Brighton and Mt Lofty entering anything lower that D2-D3 and D3-D4 respectively are hilarious. The Southern, Great Southern and Hills football leagues, are very good comps and even the worst sides would go OK in D6 and D7.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 am

beeched iizzz wrote:So you rekon that a SAAFL div 1 side who finished bottom wouldnt pants any div 6 side....if that's what your saying you're delirious! Mate Div 6 is a fun comp and competitive in its own right...but a dive 1 bottom side would destroy the premiers in div 6

i wouldnt call the div 6 premier a pack of dudds champ. certainly a bottom side in probably a strongish comp up there in the hills would have some quality players but "an assumption" would tell me they'd battle against even the div 3 premier Payneham

tell us some of their gun players, why theyre feared and why div 6 should be pissing their pants, cos im sure they have a 5 or 6 players who'd be on big bucks but the rest of the mount lofty boys would just be amateurs like the rest of us, wooden spooners at that

anyways what other clubs are in the mount lofty comp? what comp is it lol
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 am

morell wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Silly silly comment.
First loss by Mt Lofty.
Thank you.
Are we trying to speak in Haiku now?

Its not silly at all. If the side that played last year for Mt Lofty enter D6 holistically, they will win it in an absolute canter. Of course I suspect they may very well lose a few players if they do, and I think it would be a silly move for their football club, but even still, they would start very, very short priced favourites in my book.

I think a fair few posters need to begin understanding the strength of some of the leagues south of Grand Junction Road. Talks of Brighton and Mt Lofty entering anything lower that D2-D3 and D3-D4 respectively are hilarious. The Southern, Great Southern and Hills football leagues, are very good comps and even the worst sides would go OK in D6 and D7.

Morrell speaks the truth. Atleast on this point ;)
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby watchdog » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 am

Morell any news on the coach? Staying? Going? I hear that a couple of your better players possibly could also be on the move as well.
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby beeched iizzz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 am

Cental League in the Hills would be a mix of division 1 and 2 standard. A very strong league and I'm telling ya with no arrogance intended....their starting A grades at central level would anihilate division 6.
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:25 am

beeched iizzz wrote:Cental League in the Hills would be a mix of division 1 and 2 standard. A very strong league and I'm telling ya with no arrogance intended....their starting A grades at central level would anihilate division 6.

hmmm yeah understood, but dunno how unless they heavily recruit players from the city

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?client=0-6621-93495-241345-0&pool=1&action=FIXTURE&round=0

next point am trying to make is if mtlofty play div 6, would having to drive from mtlofty to say Mawson lakes be a prick to do, compared to the distances lofty have to travel in the central league
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am

Apparently its not going to happen anyway as the HFL have rejected Echunga's request to be promoted so Lofty are staying in central div.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Fricky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 am

cracka wrote:Apparently its not going to happen anyway as the HFL have rejected Echunga's request to be promoted so Lofty are staying in central div.

I would think that Echunga are going to appeal this decision.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby morell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm

watchdog wrote:Morell any news on the coach? Staying? Going? I hear that a couple of your better players possibly could also be on the move as well.
Harro is moving on, not sure where just yet but Christies Beach a short priced favourite.

Yeah a couple of our better players have indicated that they are moving on but it's early days still.

We have plenty of work to do.
morell
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm

beeched iizzz wrote:Cental League in the Hills would be a mix of division 1 and 2 standard. A very strong league and I'm telling ya with no arrogance intended....their starting A grades at central level would anihilate division 6.

Hills Central is about as good at what's going around at the moment. The perfect storm of being so close to the suburbs but a lot of money being thrown around makes it a very attractive club for the better players. For the past 5-6 years it has been quite open that you need to have a playing budget of minimum $120k to be a finals contender.

Don't underestimate Lofty because they finished bottom, they had wins against Bridgewater and Onkaparinga Valley and were reasonably competitive in the remaining games. They are still a reasonable side.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:For the past 5-6 years it has been quite open that you need to have a playing budget of minimum $120k to be a finals contender.

Don't underestimate Lofty because they finished bottom, they had wins against Bridgewater and Onkaparinga Valley and were reasonably competitive in the remaining games. They are still a reasonable side.
Jesus H Christ.

Mt Lofty would have a budget of say ... $70k?

Starting to make sense now marbles and beeroclock?
morell
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:13 pm

morell wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:For the past 5-6 years it has been quite open that you need to have a playing budget of minimum $120k to be a finals contender.

Jesus H Christ.

Mt Lofty would have a budget of say ... $70k?

Starting to make sense now marbles and beeroclock?

GAF really.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League