SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby turk186 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52 pm

TOS will fancy themselves this week I rekon..... Greenies only won by a point with a goal on the siren last time we met. :oops:

I don't think we are travelling very well ATM and I also think we will get worse.....not a lot of belief around the place which is disappointing after our good start. :(
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby zedman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Zed haven't seen Harvey play and I expect a diplomatic response from this question ;).

Is Harvey's best better than Osborn? These 2 have been big goal kickers in these divisions over the past years and probably kicked as many goals as anyone.

Seen Osborn rip the arse out of sides in 30 minutes not just in front of goals but also around the ground (Brahma, Houghton, Lutheran to name a few)

What are your thoughts mate?

gday LK..i played a lot of football with ozzie as you know..probably gave him half his goals.. :P

both have their respective strengths..ozzie when he was "on" was almost uncontrollable..good size, great pace and a booming kick..harvey has the same pace but better hands, the same booming kick and able to play centre just as well as full forward..one is a leftie and one is a rightie..but both love kicking goals..i will leave it at that.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 am

So have you been using Harvey around the ground, contributing to his lighter goal tallies? or have the defenders sussed him out?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 am

Footy Chick wrote:So have you been using Harvey around the ground, contributing to his lighter goal tallies? or have the defenders sussed him out?

not really a matter of sussing him out..some defenders are just better than others..some teams dont control the supply and he kicks bags..some games are played in the mud and wet and some in the dry etc etc..and he has spent some time on the ball in the second half of the year..
zedman
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:10 am

We found last yeat in our games against Harvey that pressure around his supply from up field was the key to stopping him.. The first game our pressure all over teh ground was intense and he only kicked 1 which was from a down field free.. The second game was an abortion and he, along with everyone else wearing the CLG strip, had a field day.. I dont think im giving away too many secrets cos when on song Harvey is as good a player as you'll see around these grades
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:21 pm

human_torpedo wrote:We found last yeat in our games against Harvey that pressure around his supply from up field was the key to stopping him.. The first game our pressure all over teh ground was intense and he only kicked 1 which was from a down field free.. The second game was an abortion and he, along with everyone else wearing the CLG strip, had a field day.. I dont think im giving away too many secrets cos when on song Harvey is as good a player as you'll see around these grades

Exactly right. In our 2008 season in D6 Harvey tore us a new one up at HV in the 2nd half of the year.

We played them in the 2nd semi final and went in with the mentality of manic pressure up field forcing him out of the 50 to pick up kicks. Worked a treat as IIRC, he spent a fair bit of the 2nd half in the midfield, costing CLG a valuable target up forward. We went on to win by 2-3 goals.

Have no idea what cattle Zed has out there nowadays, nor the game plan- but a significant ploy in stopping any dangerous forward is to not just limit the supply from upfield, but the quality of delivery.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm

valleys07 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:We found last yeat in our games against Harvey that pressure around his supply from up field was the key to stopping him.. The first game our pressure all over teh ground was intense and he only kicked 1 which was from a down field free.. The second game was an abortion and he, along with everyone else wearing the CLG strip, had a field day.. I dont think im giving away too many secrets cos when on song Harvey is as good a player as you'll see around these grades

Exactly right. In our 2008 season in D6 Harvey tore us a new one up at HV in the 2nd half of the year.

We played them in the 2nd semi final and went in with the mentality of manic pressure up field forcing him out of the 50 to pick up kicks. Worked a treat as IIRC, he spent a fair bit of the 2nd half in the midfield, costing CLG a valuable target up forward. We went on to win by 2-3 goals.

Have no idea what cattle Zed has out there nowadays, nor the game plan- but a significant ploy in stopping any dangerous forward is to not just limit the supply from upfield, but the quality of delivery.

I reckon he actually missed that 2nd Semi after sitting on a champagne glass
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:17 am

S Demon wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Actually SD you are right- any wonder I thought he had little impact that day :lol:

My point still stands. As gun a player as Harvey is, pressure from upfield nullifying both quantity and quality of delivery is the only way to counter such a player.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times

Postby zedman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:36 am

valleys07 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Actually SD you are right- any wonder I thought he had little impact that day :lol:

My point still stands. As gun a player as Harvey is, pressure from upfield nullifying both quantity and quality of delivery is the only way to counter such a player.

:D
zedman
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake this year but have I missed something here @Boosh @Nicole @HH3?

19/07/2014-Adam Hocking Port District D1R Misconduct---Set Penalty 1

:shock:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Boosh » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake this year but have I missed something here @Boosh @Nicole @HH3?

I assume the shock is him playing for Port Districts and not for being reported!

Adam got suspended last year and missed the B Grade premiership as a result so had a bit of grievance with the club so left to Port Districts, he still comes down for a beer though.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake this year but have I missed something here @Boosh @Nicole @HH3?

Yeah he's been at Districts all season, told me he went there because his son plays juniors there now and because Buckets wasn't chosen as C grade coach this season, he didn't want to play D grade. I was talking footy with him at work the other day, played C's at the start of the season and has moved up to the B grade the past few games as their coach wanted him to play CHB in their B grade. As usual I gave him shit about elbowing/hitting blokes for a laugh because he always denies he hits anyone lol, I didn't see/hear about that report though I'll have to ask him about it haha.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10342 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Boosh wrote:

I assume the shock is him playing for Port Districts and not for being reported!

Correct :lol:

Mind you, he's one bloke I thought would never leave. Ever.

I bet your dad was devo ;)

TDK, he only elbows because everytime he tries to hip and shoulder, he does a hip and a shoulder :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby Boosh » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Boosh wrote:

TDK, he only elbows because everytime he tries to hip and shoulder, he does a hip and a shoulder :lol:

He has left but he hasn't, as I said he still comes to the club for a drink. Mind you Districts close their Bar at about 3.00pm I think and I've only ever got warm beer there so I can hardly blame him.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Boosh » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:03 pm

North Haven / Port Adelaide Presbyterian Past Players and Sponsors day this Saturday at the club, if you are a past player get down there.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:19 pm

past officials not invited? :(

Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Boosh wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Boosh wrote:

He has left but he hasn't, as I said he still comes to the club for a drink. Mind you Districts close their Bar at about 3.00pm I think and I've only ever got warm beer there so I can hardly blame him.

He had already left once in the past. Around 2005 he left to play at Lockleys with family I think. I remember coz he had the chance to absolutely pulverize me, but opted to just bear hug me. I am still grateful to this day. I wouldve weighed about 50kgs at the time if I was "lucky" ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:10 pm

I see what you did there.

Footy Chick

Postby Dols » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:37 pm

All I can say is WOW
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Robran » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Well done to paul and the Westminster f.c today showed my boys how to play 4 quaters of footy credit too them we move on now to next week against a side that has been up and down all year but had a great win today against clg thanks para hills for that one keeps us in the hunt for the double chance looks like havens a def flag favourites and deserve to be...
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League