SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Fricky » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Abattoirs started in 1915 which is the Pooraka football club so it is the 100th season.[/quote]
Well I will be getting 100 times more hammered then.
Thanks mate.
Can someone please make sure our celebration day is against a team we can get within 20 goals of or maybe even win.Salisbury West belted us this year on past players day.[/quote]

Good point with that. We've been lucky with Past Players/Premiership Reunion Days recently where the A grade have been able to win in front of bigger then normal crowds. Definitely increases the bar takings that night when the A grade can come of the ground with a win.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby beeroclock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:28 pm

No.43 wrote:Well cosi watch this space pal.... Beeroclock, that isnt needed pal!

What's not needed?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Undercover agent wrote:Looks like Golden grove be team to beat at this early stage but was hearing this this time last year to . Have got some close mates at epfc and from the players I hear they have recruited should be pretty handy in division 4 I'd imagine .

there B grade should walk it in... unless something drastic happens next season
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby The Rooster » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Golden Grove and Plympton both the best two teams this past season by a street, So based on that you'd be right, but it's hard to gauge Reserves footy as clubs have always got players coming in and going out, which always reflects through the two's. Lots of past players flooding back to EPFC I'm hearing, as well as Mitcham, then there is the Hope Valley kids coming through, and Heccies who knocked us out of the finals, Woody south and Kenilworth are recruiting which may see previous a-grade players playing twos...

Like I said it's harder to tip the Two's At least the A-grade you can follow the rumors for a guide..
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Footy Follower » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:52 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Undercover agent wrote:Looks like Golden grove be team to beat at this early stage but was hearing this this time last year to . Have got some close mates at epfc and from the players I hear they have recruited should be pretty handy in division 4 I'd imagine .

I remember in 2010 they thought that very thing in the reserves grand final. 6 goals to zip in the first quarter certainly proved that wrong. Ended up losing by 10 goals from memory. I don't think there are any walk up premiers in any grade, especially in November...
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby BurraBoys » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Can someone explain how the hell it is deemed we are premiership favourites at a time of the year most clubs haven't even had there first pre season session? We seem to have been lumped with this tag for the past few years by people who base there opinion purely on the rumour and innuendo of these forums. I know it's offseason and we are all a little bored but I'm saving any predictions until I at least see a list of confirmed clearances/transfers
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:07 pm

These forums would not exists without rumors and innuendo :)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby The Rooster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 am

Err... Read this forum so far, and saw the graph at the top of this thread...

Seems legit!!
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby stan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:These forums would not exists without rumors and innuendo :)

Sure as hell wouldnt be as much fun.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Keyser Soze » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:05 pm

BurraBoys wrote:Can someone explain how the hell it is deemed we are premiership favourites at a time of the year most clubs haven't even had there first pre season session? We seem to have been lumped with this tag for the past few years by people who base there opinion purely on the rumour and innuendo of these forums. I know it's offseason and we are all a little bored but I'm saving any predictions until I at least see a list of confirmed clearances/transfers

Heard Hectorville are assembling a pretty handy squad with a couple of ex-players returning. My tip for big improvers in 2014?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby wiseman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:31 am

Footy Follower wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I remember in 2010 they thought that very thing in the reserves grand final. 6 goals to zip in the first quarter certainly proved that wrong. Ended up losing by 10 goals from memory. I don't think there are any walk up premiers in any grade, especially in November...

maybe from the outside but by no means is that the thoughts of the coaching staff or playing group we know we'll be up against it week in week out
wiseman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mypaddock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
BurraBoys wrote:Can someone explain how the hell it is deemed we are premiership favourites at a time of the year most clubs haven't even had there first pre season session? We seem to have been lumped with this tag for the past few years by people who base there opinion purely on the rumour and innuendo of these forums. I know it's offseason and we are all a little bored but I'm saving any predictions until I at least see a list of confirmed clearances/transfers

Heard Hectorville are assembling a pretty handy squad with a couple of ex-players returning. My tip for big improvers in 2014?

Good luck to Phil and the club for next season. Hopefully can see some improvements on last season. I'm sure Neags will get the best out the group, regardless of the cattle he has at his disposal.
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Postby Panther32 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:10 pm

It seems that on the Hills Central League forum there is talk that Mt Lofty are looking at joining the SAAFL and are expecting to start in division 3 or 4.

Can anyone shed any light on the rules for a new club joining the league as I was under the impression you had to start at the bottom and work your way up???
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby valleys07 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:34 pm

There is talk on the Div6 thread that Lofty could be joining them.....there is a meeting tonight apparently..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:40 pm

bar20 wrote:Playing Gaelic last night and talking to a few of the boys at Kenilworth. They were saying their big full forward Josh Blyth is off for big money to the Yorke Peninsula. Saw the big boy play last year a number of times and a big loss for Shane Baldock and the Kookaburras. Kicked around 90 goals for the year and handy. We played against him the year before and him and Blake Moser both up forward were highly damaging. Blyth would be over 30 by the looks and might have a few years left in his big body. Was talking to him the year before after we played them at the bar and he said he had played reserves at North Adelaide

i believe this to be incorrect now..he will be a headache for div 4 full backs next year..KFC have retained all their best players for 2014..and might have a couple of surprises to add to them..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby HardenUp » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Good Luck to all the full backs in Div 4!!
Think you'll find the big fella's decision was more about hanging up the boots, not a matter of where he would be playing.
Pretty sure he would be offered reasonable money to play elsewhere most seasons and that he was only going to sign if his bro came over as well......Is that one of the surprises you're talking about Zedman?
HardenUp

Postby zedman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 pm

HardenUp wrote:Good Luck to all the full backs in Div 4!!
Think you'll find the big fella's decision was more about hanging up the boots, not a matter of where he would be playing.
Pretty sure he would be offered reasonable money to play elsewhere most seasons and that he was only going to sign if his bro came over as well......Is that one of the surprises you're talking about Zedman?

affirmative..
zedman
Coach

Postby S Demon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm

All the Div 4 full backs had to contend with Scuddsy last year dont forget!
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby cossi11 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Is George Long on the move?
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby zedman » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:10 pm

S Demon wrote:

All the Div 4 full backs had to contend with Scuddsy last year dont forget!

think scudds is probably a bit bigger but i havent seen him for 4-5 years..
zedman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League