Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Smac?

Two things surprise me. If true, his contract is not reliant on him playing. By his own admission he feels that his body is in poor condition. Given that he was instrumental in leading the players against Ainger, he now joins him. I'm sure that Ainger probably won't say a word, but he couldnt be thrilled with the news.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Is McIntyre officially a Central player yet ? Haven't read it anywhere .

Central don't usually announce their recruits prior to Christmas, for some reason.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby ferret » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Eagles desperately trying to convince Zac Fitzgerald to stay. He is keen to move on. Would be a lock for CHB now the Eagles have missed out on Beard, no tall backmen. Have lost Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen, Day and Kirk (!!!) all could have played CHB.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Any idea where he wants to go?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Grahaml » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:24 pm

bays09 wrote:Got to feel sorry for south. Gone from having a three prong attack of wundke ainger and smac. All 3 gone + Rolfey NA with a knee injury. Dog move by wundke? Maybe. Should of stuck it out to help the boys get some success.

Whilst I understand, I don't feel for them. You create your own culture and South haven't created one that keeps players. They've attracted a lot of quality over the years yet they seem to all end up moving on before their time. The few that have stayed on ended up playing for a struggling side their whole time and some were even treated a bit poorly in the end. You reap what you sow. Fans can become volunteers at clubs and volunteers can influence the club. There's no reason anyone can't be a part of the solution yet the problem remains all these years down the track.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:What comes around goes around, Wundke's just a football slut, just like Craig parry was.
Its not like North went backwards and South went forwards after he moved.

Correct.
A football harlot, by the time he finishes he'll have had more clubs than Tiger Woods..
I have it on very, very good authority that Wundke and "Im afraid of the dark" Ainger will command 1/3 of the Eagles salary cap between them- should do wonders for team harmony.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Aerie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 pm

This Wundke guy, is he a fast, skilful, hard running midfielder? If so, exactly what we need!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby ChickCock » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Sure is, exactly what you need =P~
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby SDK » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Reading between the lines seems like this guy may not be physically sound and is grabbing some cash on the likelihood he won't play as many games as you would expect.
Not a good move Eagles ! Yet another gamble.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby saintal » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Very disappointing news :? And an interesting press release by the club.

Ainger. Wundke. Slaven's spineless board. Gotta love the Eagles.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:13 pm

DOC wrote:Smac?

Two things surprise me. If true, his contract is not reliant on him playing. By his own admission he feels that his body is in poor condition. Given that he was instrumental in leading the players against Ainger, he now joins him. I'm sure that Ainger probably won't say a word, but he couldnt be thrilled with the news.

Shaun mckernan left to play for glenelg early in the season
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:20 pm

ferret wrote:Eagles desperately trying to convince Zac Fitzgerald to stay. He is keen to move on. Would be a lock for CHB now the Eagles have missed out on Beard, no tall backmen. Have lost Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen, Day and Kirk (!!!) all could have played CHB.

Actually, I'm furious about this decision by the eagles.

Of all the recruits we didn't need was a key forward. We did not struggle to kick goals this year........when we could actually get our MIDFIELDERS to deliver the ball. WAKE UP GODDEN & CO!!!!! We lack MIDFIELDERS!!!!!! No doubt Wundke will be on huge coin so there goes any chance we had of nabbing a quality onballer. I am aware people on here were saying money wasn't the biggest factor in Kirkwood's decision to head to Sturt but I have no doubt if we'd used the money on Wundke to get Kirkwood then we could have swayed his decision.

Now I agree that I think we'll also see Fitzgerald walk. I don't blame him. My advice would be to leave the club and to go to one where he is more appreciated. Sturt or West would be a good choice and need a key forward. This move really is a slap in the face for him. Yet I have no doubt that when we once again miss out on a quality midfielder we will see the same tired old line trotted out by the club that they hope to 'back' our juniors given they won the GF. It seems there are two sets of rules when it comes to key position players and midfieders at our club.

The other thing I don't like about this is the way we again have poached a player from another club. Lazy recruiting IMO rather than doing the hard yards and looking interstate or the country. What goes around.......
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Looking forward to seeing the thoughts of Holden78 on this recruiting news...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Aerie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 pm

ferret wrote:Eagles desperately trying to convince Zac Fitzgerald to stay. He is keen to move on. Would be a lock for CHB now the Eagles have missed out on Beard, no tall backmen. Have lost Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen, Day and Kirk (!!!) all could have played CHB.

Any chance of Grieger coming back?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:43 pm

whats Grocke up to in 2014..?
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Any news on any maggies players that have decided to stay on at the power reserves? Or have most walked?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm

This article on AdelaideNow suggesting Wundke isn't officially an Eagle, yet...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6753746039

Matt Turner wrote:
Key forward Michael Wundke poised to join Eagles after shock exit from South Adelaide

DUAL Ken Farmer Medallist Michael Wundke has walked out on South Adelaide - and appears headed for Woodville-West Torrens.

Wundke, who booted 180 goals for South from 2011-13, informed the Panthers he would not be renewing his contract, which expired at the end of the season.

In a statement, South chief executive Evan Arnold said the club had left "no stone unturned" in trying to retain Wundke yet he had accepted a "long-term deal with the Eagles that provides him with financial security that is not reliant on Michael playing and performing for his new club".

But a Woodville-West Torrens source denied the club had signed the 25-year-old spearhead.

The source said the club was simply in advanced talks with Wundke.

Arnold said Wundke put off contract talks until the end of the season and the club made a "lengthy and detailed presentation" to him last Friday.

Arnold said South, which starts pre-season training under new coach Brad Gotch on Friday, would "explore all options" to find a replacement key forward.

"It's disappointing," he told the Southern Times Messenger.

"We've been talking to a number of senior players today and while they are disappointed as well because Michael has turned his back on a number of friends here at the footy club, it's probably galvanised them to push on and achieve the things the group want to achieve together.

"We're also really confident that the style of football we're going to play next year is going to be less reliant on individuals and more reliant on team-based offence and defence."

Wundke joined South from North Adelaide in 2011.

His departure follows South re-signing a string of key players, including Magarey Medallist Joel Cross and this year's best and fairest Nick Liddle.

If Wundke does move to Oval Ave he will reunite with former South forward Andrew Ainger, who booted 50 goals for the Eagles this year.

Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 pm

But, then again, the Eagles have just tweeted this...

Eagles tweet wrote:WWTFC Eagles ‏@wwtfc_eagles
Michael Wundke is an Eagle #welcome
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Any news on any maggies players that have decided to stay on at the power reserves? Or have most walked?

There has been some mention about Summerton staying, but haven't hard too much else about any others, apart from those rumoured to be signing at other League clubs...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby SDK » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Good post Mr.Fuller. Spending up big on someone you don't REALLY need at the expense of players you really DO need.
None of my business, I don't give a xxxx but I think this is a BIG mistake by the Eggs. Seems to me the Eggs have made similar mistakes over the last few years.
They stole Kite from Norwood for $$$$$$ and he never played a xxxxing game !!!!
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL