General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Postby Magellan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Q. wrote:Just finished Better Call Saul and thought it was a great first season. Really like that they've included Mike's story as well.

Season 2 starts in Feb apparently.

Yep, they did a pretty good job for something that could've come off a bit second rate. Bob Odenkirk is a very funny guy and good actor to boot, plays the title role well. I enjoyed seeing Michael McKean (Spinal Tap, Best in Show, Mighty Wind etc) play the role of his older brother - he's also a great comic and actor.

Interested to see who else from BB gets a gig in the next series. I also liked seeing Mike (and Tuco as well), he's a curious character.

Can't wait for season 2 (February 16, I think), when I think we'll see Jimmy/Saul dabble in some major league dodginess.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:48 pm

If anyone likes spooky atmospheric dramas I highly recommend The Returned (Les Revenants), Season 1 was outstanding and Season 2 is starting on SBS2 tomorrow night from 8:30pm with the first two episodes.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:48 am

F is for Family, Netflix.

Season 1 has 6 episodes, not sure if there will be another season or not ( if it was up to me, there would be ) as Netflix are yet to announce another series.

Pretty funny, pretty low brow animated series aimed at adults. Set in 1973 in suburban America the Dad ( Bill Burr ) is a highlight, the neighbour is gold, the work/union meetings are quality too.

Worth a watch if you like South Park, Family Guy sort of humour.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:55 am

Booney wrote:F is for Family, Netflix.

Season 1 has 6 episodes, not sure if there will be another season or not ( if it was up to me, there would be ) as Netflix are yet to announce another series.

Pretty funny, pretty low brow animated series aimed at adults. Set in 1973 in suburban America the Dad ( Bill Burr ) is a highlight, the neighbour is gold, the work/union meetings are quality too.

I've been telling the Mrs I'm gonna put her through the f**kin wall all week because of this show :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:58 am

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:F is for Family, Netflix.

I've been telling the Mrs I'm gonna put her through the f**kin wall all week because of this show :lol:

:lol: Gold, that scene. "If anything happens to your sister, you call me, ok?"

"Sure Dad"

"'Coz I'll come straight home and put you right through that ******* wall, you hear me?"

How about at the table :

"You don't know a God damn thing about me"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 am

When they're outside.

"I'll put you through the F**KIN WALL!"

"We're out side, genius. There are no walls"

"Well I'll build one, and I will F**KIN PUT YOU THROUGH IT!"

NSFW Clip below

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:06 am

Has anyone else watched Peaky Blinders? S1 and S2 are on Netflix but was aired on ABC earlier. I reckon its a great show set mostly in Birmingham after ww1 about some gangsters called the peaky blinders. S3 gets realised early this year some time.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JK » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Has anyone else watched Peaky Blinders? S1 and S2 are on Netflix but was aired on ABC earlier. I reckon its a great show set mostly in Birmingham after ww1 about some gangsters called the peaky blinders. S3 gets realised early this year some time.

Not yet mate, but it's on my list
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:27 am

HH3 wrote:
Magellan wrote:For those who have got Netflix and enjoy true crime documentaries, "Making a Murderer" is worth a squiz. It has just been released in the last couple of days and the first two episodes have been fascinating. Ten episodes in total.

Im only four episodes in, but how the f**k can this "police work" be held up im court?

Its actually so laughable its making me angry. For Brenden anyway. Mike and Fassbender are pieces of shit.

Did you get to the end? I'm still in disbelief at what happened to them
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:44 am

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Magellan wrote:For those who have got Netflix and enjoy true crime documentaries, "Making a Murderer" is worth a squiz. It has just been released in the last couple of days and the first two episodes have been fascinating. Ten episodes in total.

Im only four episodes in, but how the f**k can this "police work" be held up im court?

Its actually so laughable its making me angry. For Brenden anyway. Mike and Fassbender are pieces of shit.

Yeah I finished it. There were definitely things that the police stages/f**ked up, but I still couldn't say if he did it or not. But the fact I have doubt, means that if I was on the jury, I wouldn't be able to convict them.

That was easily the most textbook coercion confession I've ever seen with the kid. There's no way that should have been allowed to be entered as evidence in a trial. Especially when they ask, "what did he do to her head?" and he is GUESSING, and has 4 or 5 shots at it til they tell him what they wanted him to say.

Made me so angry.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:48 am

JK wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Has anyone else watched Peaky Blinders? S1 and S2 are on Netflix but was aired on ABC earlier. I reckon its a great show set mostly in Birmingham after ww1 about some gangsters called the peaky blinders. S3 gets realised early this year some time.

Not yet mate, but it's on my list

There are a lot of twists in it that I didn't see coming (maybe i'm just dumb), especially series 2 but can't wait for S3.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jase » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:04 am

Brilliant show... Mrs Jase and I love it... the ending to season 2 was intense...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1477 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Yeah I finished it. There were definitely things that the police stages/f**ked up, but I still couldn't say if he did it or not. But the fact I have doubt, means that if I was on the jury, I wouldn't be able to convict them.

That was easily the most textbook coercion confession I've ever seen with the kid. There's no way that should have been allowed to be entered as evidence in a trial. Especially when they ask, "what did he do to her head?" and he is GUESSING, and has 4 or 5 shots at it til they tell him what they wanted him to say.

Made me so angry.

Brendan's brother is the one i am suspicious of. Had ample opportunity, and would also have known enough about the area to potentially pin it on Steven. Also provides possible explanation for why brendan went and said that stuff too, even if he didnt know anything about the crime he could have easily been convinced by his brother to go and help pin it on steven.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Ash vs Evil Dead, anyone else get into this?
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:57 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:Ash vs Evil Dead, anyone else get into this?

I saw the first 3 or 4 episodes. Didnt really hold my attention.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:55 am

started watching 'making a murderer' last night. 2 episodes in... The law enforcement are dodgy as.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 am

woodublieve12 wrote:started watching 'making a murderer' last night. 2 episodes in... The law enforcement are dodgy as.

Your dodgi-o-meter will be permanently stuck in the red zone by about episode 4. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:02 am

I started watching Inside Amy Schumer on Stan.

F*cking hilarious!
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:11 am

woodublieve12 wrote:started watching 'making a murderer' last night. 2 episodes in... The law enforcement are dodgy as.

Mrs.Boon knocked a few episodes off in two days, can't believe what she was watching....I'll get into Ep 1 tonight.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Watched an episode last night of Making a murderer. Then read an article about how certain facts have been left out of the story so I decided not to bother with it any further
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment