Round 22: Central vs Norwood at Elizabeth

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Round 22: Central vs Norwood at Elizabeth

Postby NFC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 am

What a match this promises to be. Winner will more than likely get top spot and a week off in the first week of finals, as well as the obvious confidence booster knowing they'd have beaten their biggest rival in their last meeting.

Norwood will be without key defender Stuart Bown, and might recall forgotten defender Will Young. Matt Fuller's status remains to be seen, if he's out then either Reinbrecht/Grigg may come in.

Hoping for a big crowd, but doubt there's any more than 3.5k.
NFC
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Round 22: Central vs Norwood at Elizabeth

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:07 am

Fuller is fine, Campbell and Zorzi also both fit and ready to go.
Got a feeling Bass will try to bring in a small forward, reckon Donohue is in the mix.
Massive match this week, definately want to finish top, should be a big crowd.
Will the Crows take Callinan to Perth this week?
Going to tip an upset with the Legs to win by 3-4 goals
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby NFC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:45 am

Jim05 wrote:Fuller is fine, Campbell and Zorzi also both fit and ready to go.
Got a feeling Bass will try to bring in a small forward, reckon Donohue is in the mix.

Not sure about Donohue, form just isn't there this year.
NFC
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:26 am

NFC wrote:

Not sure about Donohue, form just isn't there this year.

I know, I just think with our tall forwards we just need a nippy little crumber
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:59 am

Meh, a top 3 position is all that is required to win the premiership. Imho these teams will meet at least once more after this game and it will be far more important and this round 22 game will be a distant memory.

In Central case i think people could make valid claims both ways as to whether the week off off finals would be a good thing especially with the injuries and players coming back from injury.

Personally i would love to get the win and finish top but even if we do it makes Norwood no less of a threat come finals.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:00 am

Jim05 wrote:I know, I just think with our tall forwards we just need a nippy little crumber

Exactly right but there's not someone at the club playing well enough to fill the role. JD's had a shocker of a year and Persinos hasn't come along like I certainly thought he might have. We never replaced Phillips in the off season basically.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 am

topsywaldron wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I know, I just think with our tall forwards we just need a nippy little crumber

Exactly right but there's not someone at the club playing well enough to fill the role. JD's had a shocker of a year and Persinos hasn't come along like I certainly thought he might have. We never replaced Phillips in the off season basically.

I know JD has had a shocker but i reckon he is worth a punt, i think he is one of those guys that performs better in a higher grade. His workrate appears ok and gets into good positions and to the fall of the ball but too ofter in the ressies they bomb it on top of his head or he has a couple of opponents. A more disciplined structure would suit his style, he is never going to get big stats but as a small forawrd if he kickd a couple and gives off a couple he has done his job. His pace would be a big asset on the larger grounds like Elizabeth and AAMI
Jim05
Coach

Postby udogs01 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

Hate to say it but....given our major injuries it will be a miracle if we make the grand final this year let alone win it.
An outstanding effort by the boys to have done as well as they have this season but not sure if they can hold up in the finals.
That being said hope to be proven wrong and lots of faith in Roy.
udogs01
Rookie

Postby sjt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:18 am

udogs01 wrote:Hate to say it but....given our major injuries it will be a miracle if we make the grand final this year let alone win it.
An outstanding effort by the boys to have done as well as they have this season but not sure if they can hold up in the finals.
That being said hope to be proven wrong and lots of faith in Roy.

Agreed. I think with Milne now also potentially out, they were thinking of potentially qualifying Kris Grant. A few times the under 18's have been struggling to get a side together with the injuries through the ressies and league. Hopefully the character the team and club have shown thus far can continue.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby NFC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Oh come on Dogs fans, everyone knows you're still the team to beat, you always turn it on come finals.
NFC
Coach

Postby udogs01 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:09 pm

NFC wrote:Oh come on Dogs fans, everyone knows you're still the team to beat, you always turn it on come finals.

Never had injuries like this before though.....only so much Roy and the boys can do, maybe try putting a few of them on the stretching racks ;)
udogs01
Rookie

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:14 pm

A call to Earl Shaw might be in order? Even he might get a game now.

(that's a joke just for GoldenDynasty. Russell Haythorpe says hi BTW)
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:15 pm

NFC wrote:Oh come on Dogs fans, everyone knows you're still the team to beat, you always turn it on come finals.

We cant win with you lot, if we come on and say we will win etc etc we are just aggorant, no respect for other clubs etc. When we think another side may challenege we get the turn it up, stop talking rubbish, its boring etc

Funnily enough Norwoods forward line is one we generally match up pretty well on, they dont have as many or of the huge KPP type players like Gill, Alleway, Stewart, Grocke, Chambers type. A bloke like Shenton would could try almost up to 7-8 different blokes on him and while Rowe is very handy he doesnt tend to kick the big bags of goals.

In saying that it doesnt help us to much if we cant kick a winning score ourselves.

For Central with Matty Westoff out i would think one of Nick White or Damien Hynes will come into the side. Personally i would love to see Lee Spurr get a run in the forward line i know his playing brilliant in defence but i reckon he could be a difficult match up for any defender due to his great hands and ability at ground level.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Grahaml » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Every setback is just another challenge to overcome. Lucky we've got the best coach to make the right decisions, great depth to give him options and the strongest leadership group to make sure everyone is doing their bit. There's no formula to win a guaranteed flag, but we've got ourselves at the top of the ladder at the business end of the year to give ourselves another chance at it.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby jim5112 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm going to tip upset Norwood fans with a long drive home.... again.
jim5112
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby HOORAY PUNT » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:16 pm

NFC wrote:What a match this promises to be. Winner will more than likely get top spot and a week off in the first week of finals, as well as the obvious confidence booster knowing they'd have beaten their biggest rival in their last meeting.

Norwood will be without key defender Stuart Bown, and might recall forgotten defender Will Young. Matt Fuller's status remains to be seen, if he's out then either Reinbrecht/Grigg may come in.

3.5 k ? Warm and 27 and playing for the minor premiership , should get minimum 5k and push 6k.
HOORAY PUNT

Postby NFC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 pm

HOORAY PUNT wrote:
NFC wrote:What a match this promises to be. Winner will more than likely get top spot and a week off in the first week of finals, as well as the obvious confidence booster knowing they'd have beaten their biggest rival in their last meeting.

3.5 k ? Warm and 27 and playing for the minor premiership , should get minimum 5k and push 6k.

You'd like to think so, but...

I heard on the radio expected showers.
NFC
Coach

Postby andyw » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 pm

unfortunately its on tv which will keep one or two thousand away.
"too much footy is not nearly enough"
andyw
Rookie

Has liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Grahaml » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Showers are supposed to be later on, but still might deter a few. Most likely we won't see many Norwood fans. They get to grand junction road and think they've reached the edge of the world and turn around again.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Grahaml wrote: Most likely we won't see many Norwood fans. They get to grand junction road and think they've reached the edge of the world and turn around again.

Just quietly, Norwood have the highest away attendance average so I reckon there might be a couple of us there.

But if posting this kind of merde helps bolster your seemingly tenuous sense of self worth you go right ahead.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL