Are Centrals "imploding"?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Are Centrals "imploding"?

Postby Groucho » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 am

CENTURION wrote:BUT We WILL make the finals anyway.

That's Good Centurion and I really hope you're correct, but for mine it is not good enough just to make the finals, this year we have to win at least one.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby CENTURION » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:22 am

Groucho wrote:
CENTURION wrote:..........I'll still have my boat & my sexy woman!

In that order Centurion? :lol:

of course!
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CENTURION » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:23 am

Groucho wrote:

That's Good Centurion and I really hope you're correct, but for mine it is not good enough just to make the finals, this year we have to win at least one.

Make the finals, that's the first step.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 am

Groucho wrote:

You will as long as you play the Bays in the first week
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 am

CENTURION wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Make the finals, that's the first step.

Try walking before you run ... win a game first
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Big Phil » Sun May 04, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm sure folks would be looking for this thread, to bring it out of retirement...

BUMP ;)
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Big Phil wrote:I'm sure folks would be looking for this thread, to bring it out of retirement...

BUMP ;)

You just wouldn't expect it to be by a Centrals fan :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 05, 2014 9:00 am

Exploded
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Big Phil wrote:Moderators should have pulled this rubbish down the second it was put up...

And, as I have previously mentioned, I know some players peruse on here from time to time...

Imagine what they would think jumping on here and seeing this crap just 5 bloody rounds into the season...
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

What are your thoughts Phil. Have Centrals imploded?
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Mon May 05, 2014 1:10 pm

johntheclaret wrote:What are your thoughts Phil. Have Centrals imploded?

John,

I am worried about the future direction of the CDFC and a few things that have taken place in the last couple of seasons that would have never been allowed to occur during the dominant period of the 2000’s...

I am not one of these ‘nay-sayers’ doubting Roy Laird as a coach but the issue I feel the club is facing at the moment is a lack of foresight into the longer term future...

Right now, the side is performing poor, although the game against Norwood was very good (but does that also say a bit about how Norwood have come down a peg or two?) and the biggest issue for them is consistency. The quality of depth in the playing list is not the same as it should be but then there are other factors, that all clubs have to deal with, that is contributing to this...

Central are at a real pivotal point as a footy club right now and whilst I am confident Roy and the playing group can turn things around, there needs to be, in my opinion, a real ‘good hard look at themselves’ attitude from everyone involved at the club...

Of course, anyone with half a brain would realise that their domination wasn’t going to last forever but the signs over the last few seasons have people like ‘Ryan on FiveAA’ ringing up with some genuine concerns from somewhat regular occurrences that have them fearful of how this season could possibly and drastically blow out, for the worst, and then fears for what the future holds.

All club supporters need to stick by their team through thick and thin, that goes without saying, and perhaps some Central fans have been so caught up with recent success that the fall from grace is harder to take. In some ways, yes, I think the Dogs are showing signs of imploding, but they have the ability to pick themselves, dust off and make something out of a slow start to the year...

Plans need to be implemented longer term as well though to ensure things don’t go from bad to worse...

Cheers,

BP
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Big Phil wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:What are your thoughts Phil. Have Centrals imploded?

John,

I am worried about the future direction of the CDFC and a few things that have taken place in the last couple of seasons that would have never been allowed to occur during the dominant period of the 2000’s...

I am not one of these ‘nay-sayers’ doubting Roy Laird as a coach but the issue I feel the club is facing at the moment is a lack of foresight into the longer term future...

Right now, the side is performing poor, although the game against Norwood was very good (but does that also say a bit about how Norwood have come down a peg or two?) and the biggest issue for them is consistency. The quality of depth in the playing list is not the same as it should be but then there are other factors, that all clubs have to deal with, that is contributing to this...

Central are at a real pivotal point as a footy club right now and whilst I am confident Roy and the playing group can turn things around, there needs to be, in my opinion, a real ‘good hard look at themselves’ attitude from everyone involved at the club...

Of course, anyone with half a brain would realise that their domination wasn’t going to last forever but the signs over the last few seasons have people like ‘Ryan on FiveAA’ ringing up with some genuine concerns from somewhat regular occurrences that have them fearful of how this season could possibly and drastically blow out, for the worst, and then fears for what the future holds.

All club supporters need to stick by their team through thick and thin, that goes without saying, and perhaps some Central fans have been so caught up with recent success that the fall from grace is harder to take. In some ways, yes, I think the Dogs are showing signs of imploding, but they have the ability to pick themselves, dust off and make something out of a slow start to the year...

Plans need to be implemented longer term as well though to ensure things don’t go from bad to worse...

Cheers,

BP

Was always going to happen and I have passed comment before about it. This is an issue going back a few years and now it's reality.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 05, 2014 1:41 pm

It's looking pretty ugly at the moment.
I noticed lots of blame and no responsibility from some players yesterday.
Players aren't working as hard as they used to and if it weren't for Thommo yesterday, I reckon we could've been in even greater trouble.
Imploding, no. Rebuilding, yes.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby cennals05 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Our problem is lack of leadership other than Thommo. Players like Willo, Goody, Jenner (I know he is out injured at the moment) and Collier should have stepped up but they haven't. It's like everyone is waiting for someone else to do it.

I expect the young kids to make mistakes and be inconsistent. I have no problem with that, but when our senior players aren't giving a yelp we have a problem.

Our skill level has been deplorable for the last few years as well which isn't helping.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon May 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Was always going to happen and I have passed comment before about it. This is an issue going back a few years and now it's reality.

Yep, you are right, mate...

Sadly, it looks like decisions of the past - and in some instances, lack thereof - are starting to come back and bite the club on the bum...

This is panning out to be one of the most testing seasons for the club as a whole - and Roy Laird as Coach - in recent memory...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 pm

It's simple science kiddies:

Issac Newton once said " What goes up, must come down"
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Footy Chick wrote:It's simple science kiddies:

Spot on...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:It's simple science kiddies:

Not if it reaches escape velocity. :-B
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 05, 2014 7:33 pm

cennals05 wrote:Our problem is lack of leadership other than Thommo. Players like Willo, Goody, Jenner (I know he is out injured at the moment) and Collier should have stepped up but they haven't. It's like everyone is waiting for someone else to do it.

I expect the young kids to make mistakes and be inconsistent. I have no problem with that, but when our senior players aren't giving a yelp we have a problem.

Our skill level has been deplorable for the last few years as well which isn't helping.

Change the names at the top and you could be writing about North.
johntheclaret
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL