Adam Grocke

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Adam Grocke

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 am

drebin wrote:.................... Now Gill has pulled out (of State side) maybe that ex-North B grader Grocke will get called up (P.S. Even with half our side missing he wouldn't get a game in Seniors at North still!!!) :roll:

Note with interest the article in the Advertiser today. On recent form above says more about North than it does about Grocke.
sus
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby RM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:49 am

What, you happy about his 10 kicks and 2 handballs. Yep really tore the game apart. And by the way, most of his posesions and goals came in garbage time.
RM
Under 16s

Location: Near Grand North, The Northern Tavern and Prospect Oval. All belong to the Mighty NAFC.
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lincoln South

Postby Dissident » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:52 am

Waste of space talking about him on here really.

The Eagles are happy to have him.
North don't care that he's gone.

I doubt even winning the Magarey would change anything.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:58 am

Dissident wrote:Waste of space talking about him on here really.

99.99% of the stuff that people write on here is garbage, a waste of space and doesnt change anything. Your point?
sus
Rookie

Postby Dissident » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:59 am

sus wrote:

99.99% of the stuff that people write on here is garbage, a waste of space and doesnt change anything. Your point?

Bit harsh on the percentage there sus.
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:01 am

Dissident wrote:

I was at the Eagles game V the Bays @ Thebarton a few weeks ago, there was a lot of "loyal" Eagles supporters giving him a serve, maybe the club is happy to have him, but not all the supporters are so thrilled.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:03 am

RM wrote:What, you happy about his 10 kicks and 2 handballs. Yep really tore the game apart. And by the way, most of his posesions and goals came in garbage time.

Shows your poor knowledge of his role, the CHF position generally and how Fuller likes CHF played. Also have a look at Baird's stats too compared to what he usually gets.
sus
Rookie

Re: Adam Grocke

Postby drebin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:04 am

sus wrote:
drebin wrote:.................... Now Gill has pulled out (of State side) maybe that ex-North B grader Grocke will get called up (P.S. Even with half our side missing he wouldn't get a game in Seniors at North still!!!) :roll:

Note with interest the article in the Advertiser today. On recent form above says more about North than it does about Grocke.

He still wouldn't get a game at North despite his normal "above average" performances for the Eagles. Who would he bump out of North's current forward line - Gill, Hargraves and Alleway - throw in Weatherley when he comes back from injury (plus we will have Perrie for the next one or two games)???
drebin

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:04 am

Dissident wrote:
sus wrote:

Bit harsh on the percentage there sus.

OK around 80% is more realistic.
sus
Rookie

Postby Dissident » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:05 am

Ian wrote:
Dissident wrote:

I was at the Eagles game V the Bays @ Thebarton a few weeks ago, there was a lot of "loyal" Eagles supporters giving him a serve, maybe the club is happy to have him, but not all the supporters are so thrilled.

Happens at every club!

On the whole - the Eagles are liking him there. That's my point.
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby Dissident » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:07 am

drebin wrote:
sus wrote:

He still wouldn't get a game at North despite his normal "above average" performances for the Eagles. Who would he bump out of North's current forward line - Gill, Hargraves and Alleway - throw in Weatherley when he comes back from injury (plus we will have Perrie for the next one or two games)???

I agree - he wouldn't get a game at the moment for North (though not many would).. but it's great to see someone who has some talent be at a club who can utilise him more than one that can't (due to having a strong forward line).
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:10 am

drebin wrote:
sus wrote:

Possibly but I tend to disagree. Hargraves is over-rated - one dimensional, poor defensive player, unfit, & undisciplined IMHO. You didnt have Alleway and Weatherly when Grocke was at North, and Perrie is a Crows player - cant factor him in? And what your forgetting is the opportunity cost of not recruiting where NA really needed it - their midfeld.
sus
Rookie

Postby drebin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:17 am

sus wrote:
drebin wrote:
sus wrote:

Possibly but I tend to disagree. Hargraves is over-rated - one dimensional, poor defensive player, unfit, & undisciplined IMHO. You didnt have Alleway and Weatherly when Grocke was at North, and Perrie is a Crows player - cant factor him in? And what your forgetting is the opportunity cost of not recruiting where NA really needed it - their midfeld.

Well that says more about Grocke if he couldn't get a game at North when we didn't have Weatherley and Alleway and last year we only had Damon White for around 11 games and Grocke still played two's. Good luck to him taking his chances but he is riding on the coat tails of the brilliance of the other players around him at the Eagles.

Howard not a mid fielder??? That's funny I must be seeing things then when he plays on the ball. Our midfield has been okay- test will come finals time but if it is that much of a weakness who got the ball to our fwds to be the leading points scoring team and sitting top at 10 and 2??? The defenders?
drebin

Postby Aerie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:20 am

Dissident wrote:The Eagles are happy to have him.

Exactly. He has been excellent for the Eagles. At 21 years old, he'll be around for a long time. He is taking grabs, working hard, kicking goals. Some of his best games have been against the league's best sides. He is working in very well with Westbrook and Passador as our main forward targets. The Eagles midfielders are also using him more now than they did earlier in the season when I thought on occasions they were a bit reluctant to kick to him even if he had made good position.

On the other hand, North picked up O'Hara and they desperately needed a ruckman. It has proved a blessing (at this stage) for the Eagles as they have been able to give a chance to Jacobs, Pederson and Roberts at various occasions and Lindsay has relished the chance to be on the ball for longer.

A big win/win for both clubs IMO.

PS. Ian, I've been to every game and have not once heard any Eagles supporters "giving him a serve". I have heard plenty of positive comments though and it is good to have a CHF who is durable and has played every game (unlike a certain other CHF who had heaps of potential, but was injured all the time and surprise, surprise, is still injured most of the time at his new club).
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby holden78 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:22 am

Would rather have Grocke than ohara who wouldent get a game in the b grade. Jacobs and Pedersen are a lot better than ohara is and was when he was young
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby drebin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:24 am

Aerie wrote:
Dissident wrote:The Eagles are happy to have him.

Exactly. He has been excellent for the Eagles. At 21 years old, he'll be around for a long time. He is taking grabs, working hard, kicking goals. Some of his best games have been against the league's best sides. He is working in very well with Westbrook and Passador as our main forward targets. The Eagles midfielders are also using him more now than they did earlier in the season when I thought on occasions they were a bit reluctant to kick to him even if he had made good position.

On the other hand, North picked up O'Hara and they desperately needed a ruckman. It has proved a blessing (at this stage) for the Eagles as they have been able to give a chance to Jacobs, Pederson and Roberts at various occasions and Lindsay has relished the chance to be on the ball for longer.

A big win/win for both clubs IMO.

PS. Ian, I've been to every game and have not once heard any Eagles supporters "giving him a serve". I have heard plenty of positive comments though and it is good to have a CHF who is durable and has played every game (unlike a certain other CHF who had heaps of potential, but was injured all the time and surprise, surprise, is still injured most of the time at his new club).

Spot on Aerie - the league has been littered with success stories of players underforming at one club or not getting a chance and then they move on and star or become very important players at their new clubs.
drebin

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:28 am

drebin wrote: Our midfield has been okay- test will come finals time .......

I agree they have been good most of the time. But the best midifields in the comp are at the Eags and CD. Will NA measure up - maybe? More of the picture will unfold over the next few minor rounds I suspect.
sus
Rookie

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:06 pm

drebin wrote:He still wouldn't get a game at North despite his normal "above average" performances for the Eagles. Who would he bump out of North's current forward line - Alleway?

LOL. :D
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby RM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 pm

sus wrote:
RM wrote:What, you happy about his 10 kicks and 2 handballs. Yep really tore the game apart. And by the way, most of his posesions and goals came in garbage time.

Shows your poor knowledge of his role, the CHF position generally and how Fuller likes CHF played. Also have a look at Baird's stats too compared to what he usually gets.

Yep, I have no idea about the CHF position on the football ground even though I had a brother who played 300 SANFL league games.

Believe me, Young Adam will be a very good player in the future, but he will go missing come finals time this year.
RM
Under 16s

Location: Near Grand North, The Northern Tavern and Prospect Oval. All belong to the Mighty NAFC.
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lincoln South

Postby drebin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:24 pm

RM wrote:
sus wrote:

Yep, I have no idea about the CHF position on the football ground even though I had a brother who played 300 SANFL league games.

Believe me, Young Adam will be a very good player in the future, but he will go missing come finals time this year.

Ouch great comeback by RM! Can't wait for the reply from Sus on this one!!!
drebin

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL