I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Did I hear it correctly, that Jay Weatherill wants to change our timezone???

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

I don't have a problem moving forward to Eastern states time, IMO it makes sense but to go back to WA time is ludicrous
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Did I hear it correctly, that Jay Weatherill wants to change our timezone???

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

I don't have a problem moving forward to Eastern states time, IMO it makes sense but to go back to WA time is ludicrous

There is a reason Central time exists....geographically we are central! If dickheads in offices can't work out to add half an hour they should be sacked.

The USA is only a few hundred kilometers wider than us yet they have 5 time zones.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

There is a reason Central time exists....geographically we are central! If dickheads in offices can't work out to add half an hour they should be sacked.

The USA is only a few hundred kilometers wider than us yet they have 5 time zones.....

We currently have 5 timezones
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

We currently have 5 timezones

Only in daylight savings it's 5. Standard time it's 3 East, Central & West.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:38 pm

I dont have a problem with timezones, coz by time 4.30pm rolls around, Im tools down and on the internet anyway
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Thus why I said currently
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:57 pm

heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

The half hour is ridiculous, most zones are in 1 hour increments. Id be happy to go forward and line up with the East
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3535 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Going forward good for sports broadcasting but I would feel sorry for the farmers on the west coast
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Is there a Div 8 thread?

Does anyone have any info on Div 8 2015?

With all these clubs getting the ultimatum, what's the minimum number of teams required for Div 8 to go ahead?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:36 pm

HH3 wrote:I dont have a problem with timezones, coz by time 4.30pm rolls around, Im tools down and on the internet anyway

4:30?
=))
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

The half hour is ridiculous, most zones are in 1 hour increments. Id be happy to go forward and line up with the East

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Going forward good for sports broadcasting but I would feel sorry for the farmers on the west coast

It's bad enough in the Central areas in April and October with the stupid 6 months of daylight savings, let alone making it half an hour worse. And then even worse for the west coasters.
We should be an hour in between the east and the west, and if not, leave it as it is.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Square eggs and fading curtains?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:49 pm

No, late sunrises at the nicest times of year.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 pm

heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

...except we have already moved it by half an hour to be closer to the eastern states - whats another half hour!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Faaark you pricks in the city. Move it back half an hour would be the best option, makes it easy for you blokes to subtract a whole hour
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 pm

bennymacca wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

is he serious??

is it April 1st??

...except we have already moved it by half an hour to be closer to the eastern states - whats another half hour!

I thought I read somewhere years ago that we should actually be an hour behind Sydney & half an hour behind Melbourne. Melbourne should be half an hour behind Sydney but wanted to keep in time with the Eastern seaboard so are actually in the wrong time zone. When you look at it though, Adelaide is more East than the western border of Queensland so the city should be in line with the banana benders, F***ing confusing IMO. USA is very different as they have 51 states spread across their width.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby helicopterking » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 am

How much for tickets to the AFL footy show Grand Final show?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:20 am

helicopterking wrote:How much for tickets to the AFL footy show Grand Final show?

I paid $70 each last time i went and that was maybe 5 years ago, lord knows how much they are now...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:21 am

wristwatcher wrote:Is there a Div 8 thread?

Does anyone have any info on Div 8 2015?

With all these clubs getting the ultimatum, what's the minimum number of teams required for Div 8 to go ahead?

Can we get D7 sorted first?

At this rate, D8 will be D7...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:50 am

Jim05 wrote: The half hour is ridiculous, most zones are in 1 hour increments. Id be happy to go forward and line up with the East

Central standard time in winter is approximately on the Warrnambool meridian, not any meridian in SA.
In summer we run on mid-Tasman time.

It would make more sense for SA as a whole and certainly anyone living west of Adelaide if we used geographical zone time and moved 1/2 hour back towards WA. Then if the early morning people want to have Summer time, the rest of the state west of the eastern edge where Adelaide is wouldn't suffer from having to get up before dawn.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion