Killed by sexual predator... Advertiser 28/6/06

Anything!

Killed by sexual predator... Advertiser 28/6/06

Postby mal » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:38 pm

ADVERTISER HEADING

KILLED BY A SEXUAL PREDATOR AS HER DESPERATE FAMILY
SEARCHED ONLY METRES AWAY.

An 8 year old girl murdered in a Perth shopping centre may have been under attack as her uncle and brother knocked on the door of the disabled toilet where she died.....................

I do not want to dwelve into this sickening occurence but need to raise
an issue I have been concerned with for some time.
I have an 8 year daughter and in the past at shopping centres have been in a
predicament as to which toilet can I take her to.
Male toilet and possibly subject her to seeing male users in there.[NO]
Female toilet where I cant go for obvious reasons [NO]
Disabled toilet, which is for disabled people [NO]

I cant take her anywhere.
I do break the law and go to the disabled toilets.

This is applicable to mothers with sons as well.

Some Shopping centres have babies rooms which helps.

I feel that Shopping centres should provide a childrens toilet which can
be supervised by adults.

Surely a multi million establishment can afford a kiddies toilet.

As usual only when incidents eventuate is when authorites make changes.
It would better if foresight was used.

Condolances if relations or friends of the murdered child read this post.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 924 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:45 pm

This gives me nightmares having a 9yo girl and a 6yo son, and when I'm out with both of the kids and Mrs Wedgie's not by I've let Chloe go to the toilet by herself quite often. I've only just started letting her go to the shops across the road by herself as all of her friends were allowed to before her but I'm ultra protective. I don't know whether to tell what happened re this news item to make her aware if she comes across a weirdo in a toilet or if I'll scare her too much by telling. Awful, awful stuff. :cry:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Not that we'll ever know but I have heard unsubstantiated anecdotal reports of cells of certain purtrayors of crimes that break the "criminals own code", being left unlocked for 15 mins and certain prisoners being given 15 mins to administer some "natural justice".

As I said anecdotal reports from former work colleagues who have had the pleasure of Hotel Yatala.....

Lets put it this way, this person will be spending a lot of time in protective custody for his own safety, but accidents have been known to happen once the publicity dies down....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby mal » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 pm

WEDGIE

I had to tell my 8yo because the matter was brought
up by other students today at the school.

You might want to raise the subject with the kids
in general terms and that way if its brought
up in discussion at school then you adopt plan B.
mal
Coach

Postby Peanut » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:55 pm

String him up and teach him a lesson I say. Public hanging, Gold coin donation for the family.
Peanut
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:57 pm

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:Lets put it this way, this person will be spending a lot of time in protective custody for his own safety, but accidents have been known to happen once the publicity dies down....

I bet he still manages to "fall down the stairs" en route to the cell.

Death's too good for him. I hope that the 15 minutes of which Tassie speaks is long enough to administer the PVC tubing and barbed wire...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby bayman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:08 pm

i wont explicitly tell little bayman what happened & happens what i do tell him is that there is no such things as the boogie man or monsters etc but i do tell him there are evil people around & thats why dad tells you to do certain things as i would imagine you blokes out there would do roughly the same
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby mal » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:16 pm

This makes a mockery of a once great saying:
' The lucky country'

I feel sick.
mal
Coach

mal

Postby bayman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:45 pm

unfortuneately nothing much will happen he'll get locked up serve his sentence get a few floggings inside & return to the world 'cured' until he does it again personally i'd go for the death penalty in cases like this but seeing we dont have that penalty i'd just get it surgically removed so he wont have urges again but he should never ever be released as the girls life is over so his should be too

i cant understand how people can do these things to others let alone innocent children

i do understand robberies = need money
i understand fraud, rip offs etc = need/want money
etc etc
but taking a childs life plus the assault i just dont comprehend like mal it makes me feel sick if i were the father i'd kill him at some stage as the rage in me would be unbearable
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby spell_check » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:49 pm

I've always thought that the least that could be any done for any sexual offender was to give them the chop.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 181 times

Re: mal

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:55 pm

bayman wrote:unfortuneately nothing much will happen he'll get locked up serve his sentence get a few floggings inside & return to the world 'cured' until he does it again personally i'd go for the death penalty in cases like this but seeing we dont have that penalty i'd just get it surgically removed so he wont have urges again but he should never ever be released as the girls life is over so his should be too

but taking a childs life plus the assault i just dont comprehend like mal it makes me feel sick if i were the father i'd kill him at some stage as the rage in me would be unbearable

ill gladly flick the switch to fry the bugger bayman.

this prick should not see the light of day ever again and coming from the country where this shite is unheard of, it sickens me that anyone can do this and the dogooders of this world still let them breathe.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:03 am

Well hey, guess what.
This blokes been done before for sexual assault on a minor, but got off on a technicality.
First port of call should be to just keep sending graphic pics of the crime to the defence lawyer, politicians, & the no doubt clueless judge.
This, of course after the perpetrator is treated by the authorities with the 70mm PVC pipe, cream cheese, & starving rat cure.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:40 am

mal wrote:WEDGIE

Totally agree, if they don't find out at home, they will find out somewhere else, and personally, I'd rather they were aware of the dangers than grow up ignorant to the fact that there is sh!t like that living in our society.
We let our nearlly 8 yo daughter, and 12 yo son watch the news report. I don't know how much of the report they took in, but we had enough discussions about it after that they know what happened.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:57 am

As I have more than a passing interest in not only the back half of the paper,but the front half as well,Junior Boon
(9) has decided to start flipping through the paper himself.He reads lots of crap political based rubbish with no real importance,and in the last day or two has been reading about the ever so tragic and shocking events in Perth.He spoke with me about it.He said he knows why he cant go for a ride on his bike alone to his mates place (about 3ks away),he understands the importance of keeping an eye out for his little sister (6) when out and about and makes sure when we go to the footy he always knows exactly where I am,(I often stand at the back while he sits in the back row).Now,I tried to keep yesterdays paper a little discreet,but curiosity killed the cat and I found him reading it sitting out the back telling the dog what to/not to do.He was telling Mum also that he knows never to speak with some one he doesnt know.How sad this world has become.How how sad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10816 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:10 am

This incident (my thoughts are with the family) are already having a negative impact on people everywhere now, with this crime being almost as heinous as the one perpetrated- the psychology of fear. Parents will now fear to give thir children any liberties, which will impact on their nature & view of the world.
I raised a girl (step daughter) for a few years, & being the more responsible parent, used to take her most places with me. A lot of the time, when choosing between letting her have a bit of freedom (& gaining experience in decision making) & playing it safe & making her stand next to me at the footy, I would let her play with friends. Kids being kids, they would play outside the designated area. I guess now though, when parents are faced with that choice, they'll err on the side of caution, & limit their kids activities, which is sad.
Mal, as for the toilet issue- disabled or womens. I'd take the disabled first- these are generally big one toilet room anyway, so you can inspect it first, then give your child privacy. Women shouldn't have a problem either, as they have cubicles, so they have their privacy.
To lose a child would be horrible.
To lose one that way would be beyond description.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby smac » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:21 pm

Giving your child freedom is a difficult thing to do, even before considering these sick bastards. I have found a happy medium with my 8 year old son. I let him go off on his own at places like shopping malls and the footy, but I then follow him and see what he does, how he interacts. If he does something that is 'not in our rules' then I question him afterwards - he always tells the truth, so he admits it if I ask him how he went with out rules and he is completely unaware of that fact he was followed.

This way, he feels the sense of independence he craves, and I get to retain the control I want/need. Not until he has demonstrated a capacity to look after himself properly will I change. I have missed entire quarters at a time of footy to do this, but obviously safety of my kids is paramount. I will do exactly the same for both of my daughters as they get older too.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Rushby Hinds » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:26 pm

Ian wrote:
mal wrote:WEDGIE

Totally agree, if they don't find out at home, they will find out somewhere else, and personally, I'd rather they were aware of the dangers than grow up ignorant to the fact that there is sh!t like that living in our society.
We let our nearlly 8 yo daughter, and 12 yo son watch the news report. I don't know how much of the report they took in, but we had enough discussions about it after that they know what happened.

Ditto and ditto.

Discussed it with our 8 year olds last night. They didn't see much, but could see that the gears were creaking over inside. They have memories like sponges, and sure as heck the kids at school would have discussed it.

I will discretely remind them of it next time they ask to push the boundaries a little...
Rushby Hinds
League - Best 21

Postby spell_check » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:15 pm

heater31 wrote:
bayman wrote:unfortuneately nothing much will happen he'll get locked up serve his sentence get a few floggings inside & return to the world 'cured' until he does it again personally i'd go for the death penalty in cases like this but seeing we dont have that penalty i'd just get it surgically removed so he wont have urges again but he should never ever be released as the girls life is over so his should be too

this prick should not see the light of day ever again and coming from the country where this shite is unheard of, it sickens me that anyone can do this and the dogooders of this world still let them breathe.

They are called civil libertarians. :wink:
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 181 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:57 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I've talked to her about it and re-itereated the Stranger Danger rules we have.
I also told her just to be aware but not be freaked out by it as we still have more of a chance of dying in a car crash!
(Probably not the best way to explain it but noones perfect)

The stupid part about it is there's just as many freaks around now as when I was a kid and I was riding my bike miles and miles when I was about 5!
I think we're all a lot more paranoid these days because we hear so much more.

I can still remember my dad taking me out to Globe Derby just after the Beumonts (or some other kids) went missing and he made me stand on a big bin in amongst the crowd so he could keep an eye on me while he made a bet, I was very embarassed! lol
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whatcha got there? » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:11 pm

heater31 wrote:

death is too good for this sicko heater.

they should just put him in jail, and advertise to all the other in-mates what exactly he is in for, then sit back and watch "nature" take its course.
whatcha got there?
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Tasman

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion