Rd 3 - Port v North @ Alberton (Sun 11/4)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Rd 3 - Port v North @ Alberton (Sun 11/4)

Postby Big Phil » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:28 pm

The young Magpies are showing some fight in their first two outings, despite not getting wins on the board, but they will struggle with the loss of skipper James Meiklejohn in ruck.

North bounced back big time against Sturt on the weekend and proved they are a very good side with a powerful forward line. I think this will be a one-sided affair somehow.

Roosters by 50 points
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 274 times

Re: Rd 3 - Port v North @ Alberton (Sun 11/4)

Postby bayman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm

too many big bodied players for port to maintain their effort for 4 full quarters, i'd expect a close first half & then north to run away with it after halftime...north by 6 or 7 goals
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Big Phil » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:15 pm

North players will wear black armbands in memory of Ian McKay who sadly passed away on Easter Saturday...

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27533
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 274 times

Postby Fhud » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:13 pm

i hope you are right but this game worries me we will have to turn up with the same hunger as we did against sturt otherwise it could be an upset but hopefully the game against sturt was a turning point
Fhud
Mini-League

Postby drifter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

I hope the Port boys remember the snub from North on the merger issue and come out breathing fire. I'm sure this one would have been circled on the calendar
drifter
Under 18s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby drifter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

well then I'd love to hear the truth !
drifter
Under 18s

Postby dedja » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 pm

I heard the snags were good ... other than that, buggered if I know. :-??
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Postby LBJ8 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Alberton can be a bit feral normally but you would think with all the media attention North got before the decision was made, Port supporters may be a little heated too, also first home game should see what 6,000 members rock up? should be a massive crowd, don't hold much hope of them winning though.
GO THE BAYS
LBJ8
Rookie

Postby Fhud » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

drifter wrote:I hope the Port boys remember the snub from North on the merger issue and come out breathing fire. I'm sure this one would have been circled on the calendar

you should be a reporter how about you get the facts first sunshine before spreading that crap
Fhud
Mini-League

Postby drifter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:18 pm

well enlighten me Fhud, Im still waiting, I'm only acting on what I have heard and read from several sources !
drifter
Under 18s

Postby robranisgod » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 am

drifter wrote:well enlighten me Fhud, Im still waiting, I'm only acting on what I have heard and read from several sources !

Michelangelo Rucci has finally admitted in the Advertiser of last Thursday and again on 5AA on Saturday, what most people knew, that it wasn't North Adelaide that were rallying against the merger, but rather the president of a club with a predominantly black strip with a sash who was the ringleader.

We are all still awaiting an apology from Rucci for peddling such inaccurate garbage.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby CoverKing » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm

robranisgod wrote:
drifter wrote:well enlighten me Fhud, Im still waiting, I'm only acting on what I have heard and read from several sources !

Michelangelo Rucci has finally admitted in the Advertiser of last Thursday and again on 5AA on Saturday, what most people knew, that it wasn't North Adelaide that were rallying against the merger, but rather the president of a club with a predominantly black strip with a sash who was the ringleader.

We are all still awaiting an apology from Rucci for peddling such inaccurate garbage.

Westies or Glenelg??
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby drifter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:04 pm

point taken on the Rucci article, fair enough but does that include the reason why North didnt even want to discuss the merger with the Magpies before the vote ? Or is what you are saying inclusive of this ?
drifter
Under 18s

Postby robranisgod » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:34 pm

drifter wrote:point taken on the Rucci article, fair enough but does that include the reason why North didnt even want to discuss the merger with the Magpies before the vote ? Or is what you are saying inclusive of this ?

According to the North hierarchy they discussed the merger proposal with Port last November and again in February this year. This was stated at the North AGM and also on the ABC. Rucci preferred not to report this at the time.

The best that I can come up with is that Rucci hasn't forgiven North for 1971 and 1972, but surely that can't be the reason for his incessant attacks on North over the past 20 years
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby the wizard » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:04 pm

gallman available this week i think he would make good ruck rover, hard at it and with ivens,moore and armstrong as half backs might find it hard to get that spot.
the wizard
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Sweet, Sunday game!! Got a wedding Saturday so get to the first home game of the year, nice.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby beenreal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:44 pm

robranisgod wrote:
drifter wrote:point taken on the Rucci article, fair enough but does that include the reason why North didnt even want to discuss the merger with the Magpies before the vote ? Or is what you are saying inclusive of this ?

According to the North hierarchy they discussed the merger proposal with Port last November and again in February this year. This was stated at the North AGM and also on the ABC. Rucci preferred not to report this at the time.

The best that I can come up with is that Rucci hasn't forgiven North for 1971 and 1972, but surely that can't be the reason for his incessant attacks on North over the past 20 years

More Spin. It was reported that North Adelaide "discussed" an incomplete proposal with Port Adelaide. Good on 'em. :roll: They then publicly said they were not going to meet to discuss the final version. Bohden Jawarski then backpedaled at a million miles an hour under pressure to finally be dragged kicking and screaming to the table. Complete waste of time.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby on the rails » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 pm

beenreal wrote: More Spin. It was reported that North Adelaide "discussed" an incomplete proposal with Port Adelaide. Good on 'em. :roll: They then publicly said they were not going to meet to discuss the final version. Bohden Jawarski then backpedaled at a million miles an hour under pressure to finally be dragged kicking and screaming to the table. Complete waste of time.

Your last line sums up what the OTHER 8 clubs also thought of the merger proposal.
Again you and your hysterical one eyed Port supporting friends will still blame North for the 8-0 vote despite even one eyed Rucci admitting North was not as complicit as his ramblings in the 'Tiser made us out to be! GET OVER IT FFS!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Guys, we had about 60 million topics on the Port failed merger, can we leave this topic for the game please?
And more importantly does anyone know if they sell bundy and cola at Alberton?
I remember getting stuck into the UDLs one year as it was that or West End Draught.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL