1197am RPH Adelaide SANFL Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide SANFL Coverage

Postby Big Phil » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:17 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Big Phil wrote:To my knowledge, RPH had a couple of possible sponsors pull out so that didn't help the cause...

Pretty sure they have been broadcasting SANFL for 20 plus years...

There is still SA radio coverage, VALE PARK, with LifeFM's broadcasting in 2016...

I'm pretty sure the games RPH would have covered will now audio and / or video streamed...

I dare say that any loss of sponsors could realistically be connected to the undeniable downturn in interest in the SANFL since the admission of the two Mockingbirds to the competition.
Are you allowed to comment on that statement Big Phil?

Not sure that there is a connection? May have played a very small part, perhaps?

The difficulties small businesses face in the current tough economic climate would have a lot of them watching their spends and this unfortauntely would include marketing and promotion through radio coverage...

That's a small contributing factor, yes, but not the main, or only one...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 pm

Hopefully it means more live video streams, love those!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby therisingblues » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:41 am

Big Phil wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Big Phil wrote:To my knowledge, RPH had a couple of possible sponsors pull out so that didn't help the cause...

There is still SA radio coverage, VALE PARK, with LifeFM's broadcasting in 2016...

I'm pretty sure the games RPH would have covered will now audio and / or video streamed...

I dare say that any loss of sponsors could realistically be connected to the undeniable downturn in interest in the SANFL since the admission of the two Mockingbirds to the competition.

Not sure that there is a connection? May have played a very small part, perhaps?

The difficulties small businesses face in the current tough economic climate would have a lot of them watching their spends and this unfortauntely would include marketing and promotion through radio coverage...

You are closer to the action than I am so I will concede to your opinion on the matter. But I would have thought that public interest in a certain product would be a motivating factor for sponsors, when deciding whether to support that product. If sponsors are having trouble with their bottom line it makes sense they need to curb spending somewhere, as you also alluded to. When I was a business owner I would look at the potential exposure and weigh it against the money I would spend on advertising to get that exposure. Without more information I can't say for certain if the recent downturn in interest caused an unfavourable balance of exposure vs money spent for your old sponsors. Anyway, you'd be more aware of contributing factors than I, so thanks for the insight.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:10 am

Any news on the SANFL's decisions as far as the team goes Phil?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10782 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Booney wrote:Any news on the SANFL's decisions as far as the team goes Phil?

Something official will be released early next week, mate...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:52 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

You are closer to the action than I am so I will concede to your opinion on the matter. But I would have thought that public interest in a certain product would be a motivating factor for sponsors, when deciding whether to support that product. If sponsors are having trouble with their bottom line it makes sense they need to curb spending somewhere, as you also alluded to. When I was a business owner I would look at the potential exposure and weigh it against the money I would spend on advertising to get that exposure. Without more information I can't say for certain if the recent downturn in interest caused an unfavourable balance of exposure vs money spent for your old sponsors. Anyway, you'd be more aware of contributing factors than I, so thanks for the insight.

Public interest on aN am community radio station ? Only us SANFL followers listen I would imagine.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:00 am

Most definitely BOTB. Hence I thought there may have been a strong connection between the downturn in interest from the AFL reserves debacle and sponsors pulling out. If the only people who would tune in are losing interest, and no potential of a new audience, what's the point continuing?
Anyway I'll go along with Big Phil, there would be some impact but also other factors influencing the decision.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:57 am

Obviously spending $ on coffee cups is more important than radio coverage :roll:

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:03 am

It probably is, cool cups!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 am

Dutchy wrote:Obviously spending $ on coffee cups is more important than radio coverage :roll:

Presumably they're from Cibo's on the Parade.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Douglas Mawson » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:19 am

Great looking cups. Opening at the top so we can drink our FL of all the goodness that the SANFL is serving up this year.

Flat out impressive that the 2 key strategic initiatives from that torrid Planning session at the Novatel over Christmas have already been implemented.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 am

That's lots of cups for one week of games.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:57 am

It's good to see North's name on the side of a cup, it's been a while.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 am

Dutchy wrote:Obviously spending $ on coffee cups is more important than radio coverage :roll:

No mate, you have it all wrong. This is the new modern communication system that is to replace the radio coverage. Give one of the cups to a mate who is going to the game, find a super long piece of string, and Hey Presto!

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:03 am

Wedgie wrote:It's good to see North's name on the side of a cup, it's been a while.

Typical, typo on there already.

Should read "Central District def. North Adelaide"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby VALE PARK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 am

Personally I listened in every week on the AM band even if I was attending their game.
Really enjoyed DB and his mates.
Again I can't understand some decisions or non decisions of the SANFL around promotion of the game.
They just don't understand supporters needs.
Supporters want to go to the footy EVERY week with supporting media coverage.
Paper and radio.
5 byes etc,etc, with little business acumen in every direction to me.
The cost to get this radio coverage up would be minimal,probably less than the printing cost of those cups.
Who cares about paper cups.
They aren't listening to the people AGAIN,and just don't get it.
Rome burns!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Magellan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:28 am

Booney wrote:"Central District def."

Good idea using some 'fresh' hip-hop and graffiti slang to get the 'yoof' interested in the local comp. Word.

However, in the battle of which club listened less to its members regarding the reserves issue, the surely North Adelaide 'deaf' Central District.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:09 pm

The main issue is the message this sends out, the league has some massive issues it needs to address at the moment yet someone there is putting time and energy into coffee cups that will be out of date in 5 days time!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:The main issue is the message this sends out, the league has some massive issues it needs to address at the moment yet someone there is putting time and energy into coffee cups that will be out of date in 5 days time!

If they'd had them out a month ago, not so bad.

If they had one with each clubs first 4-6 weeks, not so bad.

Having round 1 on the floor 3 days before the first game, typically unprofessional.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:55 pm

There was no issue with spening money on the radio coverage, RPH decided to pull out for a couple of other reasons including losing some sponsors on the eve of the season...

Something will be posted tomorrow about the 'new' coverage...
Big Phil
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL