Is there no turning back?

Anything!

Is there no turning back?

Postby Jimmy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:07 pm

Can you go back to the old site or are we making a new beginning or can both co exist...in a 'bizarro' type world?

Im :?
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dissident » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:08 pm

Yeah - as I've said before - it won't work. Ideal situation is THIS forum on the FOOTYSA site....
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby Coorong » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:40 pm

Well for the first time in my life Yeah/no because I dont know... Yet

Loved the footysa discussion page, much simpler to use, quick, fast, easier to see who has just had a go.

But after today I quite like this. Little things like the private messages.

Last night in frustration for some footy food I went over to the snouts site. God what a wank. Told em too and was kicked of so fast only Fatal had a chance to read it. Had a couple of touchy emails today as a result.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby bringbackchiggy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:07 pm

Stop beating your chest Coorong, you sound like a little child bragging to his mates.

Told em too and was kicked of so fast only Fatal had a chance to read it

Did you or did you not request your name wiped from the snouts website?

To think I praised you last night mate......

As for FootySA, why are people ready to jump off so quickly? This website has provided such a great service, I cant understand why people would seem to want to see it go down???? This is a fair dinkum question, not a question to put this website down.
bringbackchiggy
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 pm

bringbackchiggy wrote:As for FootySA, why are people ready to jump off so quickly? This website has provided such a great service, I cant understand why people would seem to want to see it go down???? This is a fair dinkum question, not a question to put this website down.

Not jumping off, I still will check there everyday, the answer to your question is that it is under full moderation, I put up a comment or two over 4 hours ago and they still haven't surfaced. The most entertaining part of forums is the interaction between people and it is killed at the moment.

For eg.
I post at 5pm, it gets shown at 9am the next day, I see a reply at 5pm, I make a reply, it gets shown at 9am the next day. Someone else replies but its the weekend and doesn't get shown for 3 days.
I think you see the gist.
Some ABC Forums went this way several years ago and they promptly died in the arse despite covering the nation.

A site like this fills the gap that its left.

Also the main reason I forked out some $$$ for a name and webspace was because yesterday CA told me there would no longer be any interaction of any sort onf footysa, its good to see they've changed their minds but its still not what it used to be. :cry:

Also CA was very supportive of this site, I'd expect a link from footysa soon so all SANFL fans who used to interact on there will have somewhere to talk still.

There's a lot of other benefits with a phpBB2 forum like this too which the footys forum didn't have but I wont go into all those. It is good to get all the non footy talk away from the main forum though.

Enjoy both sites bbc, here if you want to interact with people, footysa if you want to make a comment or read a story or see an updated ladder, etc. Best of both worlds!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:00 am

I think ill spend just as much time at both, probably more at this site...here you will get better footy talk without the wank stuff
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:08 am

I just posted on FSA and as you all know it doesnt go straight thru it just doesnt feel the same....ill be there but here is where its at now..
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:06 am

Don't think anyone's jumping off.

But this forum is obviously better.
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:02 pm

bringbackchiggy wrote:
As for FootySA, why are people ready to jump off so quickly? This website has provided such a great service, I cant understand why people would seem to want to see it go down???? This is a fair dinkum question, not a question to put this website down.

Chiggy. When you are talking about footy essay going down you sound like it is something that may happen in the future but in fact it already has gone down. Once a bulletin board type site has full moderation and delayed posts it is finished.

Other examples of forums where this has happened include the old ABC sports forums and the old MMM forum that existed a few years ago. Both were great online communities until the mods 5hit emselves and pulled the plug on users.

As posters, we owe no allegiance to any one site (product). It is up to the webmasters of these sites to provide the level of service and functionality that we as users require. Any site that does this soon disappears because there are plenty of sites out there that provide instant posting.

As for ratbag users and litagation risk factors, think of big footy. That site has posters on there that make t-shirt and sexual chocolate seem like Rhodes Scholars in comparision and yet it stays online in pretty much the same form as it always has. While that site is not for me, it is an example of a ratbag poster population that has managed to thrive..as footy essay could have done IMO.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Jimmy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:35 pm

I feel a little lost without it but look forward to seeing what this one can do...

everday since june of 03 i was on the site checking and posting comments so it will be sad not to visit there as often of to know it wont be the same....but life goes on and i and as will most ppl, still be there but here is where it is at.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:58 pm

My posts still haven't come up after 24 hours on there. Hopefully they'll fix it, I've advised CA, I have had this problem before on there, might have to try Rocket Rooster again.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bringbackchiggy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:38 pm

I can certainly see your points Wedge & REB, & people always have a choice to go where they wish. I personally have a loyalty toward FootySA as these guys have provided a great service & put in a lot of effort for all sanfl fans in days where there is stuff all publicity. Yes, the delay of posts at the minute is a huge inconvenience, but is there a way everyone in our football community can help in some way to rectify this problem?

This website is a very good set up, I am certainly not bagging it. But my loyalty is to the footySA guys, I have made many friends thru FootySA (from all clubs, not just Glenelg) & the Snouts Louts were born thru FootySA after the Norwood fright night last year.

I wish this website all the best, but I cannot be a part of it.
bringbackchiggy
Mini-League

Postby Wedgie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:58 pm

Dunno bbc, Ive tried everything in my powers to try and help footysa to returnn to the way it was but they've been politely turned down.

Even if it did get back up and running I think it would be beneficial having other topics separated from the footy topics so people don't have to wade through so much crap to get to the footy talk. Its turned a lot of people off the site even when it was working OK.

Who knows, they've obviously changed their minds in keeping the site running instead of canning it, perhaps they'll change their minds and take me up on my offer of assistance? Good luck to them either way, and as I said on the links thread where I put a link to their fine site, footysa was the insperation behind this site, there's no doubt about it.

In the end I'd hope we're all here to try and help promote SANFL footy, that's where all our loyalty should be and hopefully that'll never get clouded. See ya around bbc, you're always welcome here. :)

PS Serious question, if you can't be a part of the site why did you register and post? :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Punk Rooster » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:33 pm

Unfortunately, with Footy SA deciding to put an end to their forum as we knew it, it left a void, which has since been filled by this site. I could never totally get my head around the format used (ie searching for old subjects), whereas this format is very easy to use. Rightly or wrongly, there was a lot of paranoia, with regards to being sued, and it ended up with people jumping at shadows. Ultimately it is the user who dictates how things are run, and those of us who want the instant posting system, will become frustrated at the delayed post system, and therefore choose the system that best suits us. There's no "Footy SA v Sanfl Footy" rivalry, just 2 options on where to talk about footy, and people will choose what suits them.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Ian » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:20 pm

If footy SA had a forum simillar to this one, this site would never have been needed, it is a more user friendly format, it is harder for users to post under more than one name. I hope the news part of footy SA survives, it is great, but as a forum this is a lot easier to use.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Dog_ger » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:50 am

I think there is room for both..? Have to wait and see what happens..? I don't think the other guys want there site like this, which is fair enough. Thats only the vibes I get..? Could be totally wrong... As I understand it they have some sort of problems right now..? Hope they fix everything up and we have both up and running......!
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby SBR » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:26 pm

I can understand where Wedgie is coming from making this website, and I was also thinking about doing something similar with Footysa almost closing their forum doors. I think it's much better to have the features of moderation which we have here, I used to visit Footysa quite a bit, but i guess i wasn't what you would call a "Regular poster".

I'm all for this site, and hope it can grow even bigger, forum wise.

Well done Wedgie.
SBR
Under 16s

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:59 pm

I'm certainly not jumping off BringbackChiggy but as Wedgie and others said, the site in its current format is not going to work real well.
I still ask, Why are footysa getting threats of legal action when other SANFL sites have comments on them that would be considered just as libelous?
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby MightyEagles » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm

Both I say, one for news and the other to talk it over.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion