Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:47 am

Corona Man wrote:Off topic - The Toll bloke ahem "looking after us" here in Melb, wanted to put his prices up by more than double...... the door is over there mate, don't let it smack you in the back of the head on the way out.

I have couriers and freight forwarders calling or coming to the office at least once a week.
I made up a spreadsheet of what we pay to each destination which is about 20% cheaper than what we actually pay.
My Secretary now plays as "gatekeeper", hands them the spreadsheet and says if you can beat these prices you can talk to the boss!!

Works a treat
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 am

The Ash Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Off topic - The Toll bloke ahem "looking after us" here in Melb, wanted to put his prices up by more than double...... the door is over there mate, don't let it smack you in the back of the head on the way out.

I have couriers and freight forwarders calling or coming to the office at least once a week.
I made up a spreadsheet of what we pay to each destination which is about 20% cheaper than what we actually pay.
My Secretary now plays as "gatekeeper", hands them the spreadsheet and says if you can beat these prices you can talk to the boss!!

Works a treat

Nice!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 am

The Ash Man wrote:

Works a treat

Same, same.

I've got an xls of freight sizes, weights and destinations and when a rep comes in I send them that in an email and ask them to send it back to me with their cost ( inc fuel, gst ) fill in and I've got a macro I can run when they send it back to bring up the %age difference between what we pay now and what their charge is.

I've managed to cut our local and national freight bill by around 12% (in like for like circumstances) in the last two years by shopping around.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:56 am

Booney wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Works a treat

Same, same.

I've got an xls of freight sizes, weights and destinations and when a rep comes in I send them that in an email and ask them to send it back to me with their cost ( inc fuel, gst ) fill in and I've got a macro I can run when they send it back to bring up the %age difference between what we pay now and what their charge is.

I've managed to cut our local and national freight bill by around 12% (in like for like circumstances) in the last two years by shopping around.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your annual freight spend?

Ours is near on $200k pa. That's just for Australia, we have separate accounts for NZ & Asia.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 am

So the Jase family are finally going to meet our Foster girls this afternoon as the start of the transition process. We have enough only seen them in a couple of photos up to this point.

Feeling both excited and nervous all at the same time... Hopefully we will have completed the transition and they will be living with us by the end of the first week in January...

Crazy... :)

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:14 am

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Works a treat

Same, same.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your annual freight spend?

Ours is near on $200k pa. That's just for Australia, we have separate accounts for NZ & Asia.

About $8-12k per month on metro and national freight.

I also don't accept increases in fuel levy. It's fuel, it goes up and down all the time and I'm not paying extra for something just because they've chosen to play with their money in logistics. Imagine if you put up your prices every time Officeworks increased their paper prices? Or if you increased your prices because AGL upped your electricity charge?

For mine they've chosen to be in logistics and that's a cost of them doing business like any other consumable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 am

Corona Man wrote:Ours is near on $200k pa. That's just for Australia, we have separate accounts for NZ & Asia.

200k.. when I was working in logistics that was half our weekly spend lol. :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 am

The Bedge wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Ours is near on $200k pa. That's just for Australia, we have separate accounts for NZ & Asia.

200k.. when I was working in logistics that was half our weekly spend lol. :D

How much was work related?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Booney wrote:Loading an esky up with a carton of Crownies, a carton of Carlsberg, a carton of Heineken and a carton of ciders and I've just tipped two bags of ice on them.

Should be right by 10 (ish). :lol:

And the result of this solid preparation?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Loading an esky up with a carton of Crownies, a carton of Carlsberg, a carton of Heineken and a carton of ciders and I've just tipped two bags of ice on them.

He will have a hangover tomorrow.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Corona Man wrote:

Carey like posts tomorrow....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jase » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Jase wrote:So the Jase family are finally going to meet our Foster girls this afternoon as the start of the transition process. We have enough only seen them in a couple of photos up to this point.

Feeling both excited and nervous all at the same time... Hopefully we will have completed the transition and they will be living with us by the end of the first week in January...

Met the girls... Amazing little girls... Their current carers have done an amazing job with them...

Just beautiful little things, already calling the Jnr. Jases their brothers...

They loved the dogs as well. 2 days until we see them again... Pumped.

Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Jase wrote:
Jase wrote:So the Jase family are finally going to meet our Foster girls this afternoon as the start of the transition process. We have enough only seen them in a couple of photos up to this point.

Met the girls... Amazing little girls... Their current carers have done an amazing job with them...

Well done, Jase. Glad to hear it went swimmingly.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Jase wrote:

Awesome stuff mate, sounds like all the hard work is paying off
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:30 am

Running 30km this week
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Running 30km this week

Well done mate, I'm getting the missus a fitbit for Christmas so I guess we'll be aiming at the same sort of thing before too long.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am

Expecting a large electricity bill and having it come in at $11 with the pay on time discount
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Well done mate, I'm getting the missus a fitbit for Christmas so I guess we'll be aiming at the same sort of thing before too long.

My wife, my son & I have just joined f45 in Mt Barker. Its a circuit based training & we're l absolutely loving it. I've done circuits before when I was younger & never really got anything out of it but this one is fun.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:56 am

cracka wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

My wife, my son & I have just joined f45 in Mt Barker. Its a circuit based training & we're l absolutely loving it. I've done circuits before when I was younger & never really got anything out of it but this one is fun.

Good stuff mate, I might look into it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:15 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Cheers mate.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion