No votes

Total votes : 42

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

by saintal » Sat May 04, 2024 8:17 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
jo172 wrote:
morell wrote:Says as much about Fitzroy as it does Elizabeth. Poor form IMO

Agree, far more embarrassing by Fitzroy

Disagree. It’s A grade football. Celebrating and carrying on like taking a picture in front of the scoreboard after the game is a seperate conversation…

Yeah agree with this. Take the win, give it a bit of a plug on facebook etc and then move on with some humility. Don't pop up on The Footy Show and belittle the opposition like members of a HFL club did many years ago :lol: :roll:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

by The Bedge » Sat May 04, 2024 8:19 pm

I have no sympathy for them.. they were happy when the going was good and they were putting scores on the board.

However they cry poor now; but everytime it was mentioned pre season about their dire situation and the league reached out, they shot it down and were nonchalant about it.

Even after Greenshields left they still bragged about having numbers and fielding two sides in their internal.

Fixture came out, blokes walked, now they cry like they been ****** in the bum.

Maybe the criticism shouldn’t be aimed at the AdFL but those who rolled into the AGM, made changes and decisions and condemned their loved club to death.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

by morell » Sat May 04, 2024 8:30 pm

jo172 wrote:

Disagree. It’s A grade football. Celebrating and carrying on like taking a picture in front of the scoreboard after the game is a seperate conversation…

It's division 6 non professional "A" grade football

As soon as they got 40ish goals up they needed to practice some circle work and throw the magnets around

Putting up 82 goals is pathetic and demeaning. Only thing they achieved is to humiliate people who are no doubt volunteering their time to keep their club alive. Absolutely no need beyond that.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

by jo172 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:32 pm

Or do what someone did a few years ago and see if the whole 21 can get a goal.

Continuing to pulverise for the sake of it is ick
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

by LaughingKookaburra » Sat May 04, 2024 8:53 pm

morell wrote:
jo172 wrote:

It's division 6 non professional "A" grade football

As soon as they got 40ish goals up they needed to practice some circle work and throw the magnets around

Putting up 82 goals is pathetic and demeaning. Only thing they achieved is to humiliate people who are no doubt volunteering their time to keep their club alive. Absolutely no need beyond that.

Sorry Morrell but if you go out and let up by “Throwing the magnets around” I would personally find that far more humiliating as an opposition by pumping up the full back or the club internal joke to kick a goal!

The larger point I’m getting at is that if your club misses finals or a home final by taking the piss then it’s got repercussions. Don’t get me started on the “mercy rule” which was suggested in the paper by The AdelaideNow.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

by BulkEFC » Sat May 04, 2024 8:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:I have no sympathy for them.. they were happy when the going was good and they were putting scores on the board.

However they cry poor now; but everytime it was mentioned pre season about their dire situation and the league reached out, they shot it down and were nonchalant about it.

Even after Greenshields left they still bragged about having numbers and fielding two sides in their internal.

Maybe the criticism shouldn’t be aimed at the AdFL but those who rolled into the AGM, made changes and decisions and condemned their loved club to death.

Agree with every word, this is the result of years of incompetence in the board room.
I do however have sympathy for the players who give their heart and soul for a club that doesn't prioritise them.
Sad times.
BulkEFC
Mini-League

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

by The Bedge » Sat May 04, 2024 9:05 pm

Yeah agree - those taking the field and trying have my upmost respect. They’re up against it and I see their line up most weeks and cringe wondering what will happen.

Its not the players I have no sympathy for, its simple the way this has unfolded and the hand the admin have played in it.

Hope its remembered when the wheels turn and Elizabeth are back and being competitive.. those who were there; those who weren’t; and those who ****** the club
The Bedge
Coach

by The Bedge » Sat May 04, 2024 9:10 pm

Also what’s the current A grade coach doing? Hasn’t got cattle, and whilst it’s negative, why wouldn’t you just chuck a +1 or a +2 in the D50? Get the ball.. chew some time.. anything.. play negative football if it’s going to help
The Bedge
Coach

by LaughingKookaburra » Sat May 04, 2024 9:10 pm

BulkEFC wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I have no sympathy for them.. they were happy when the going was good and they were putting scores on the board.

Agree with every word, this is the result of years of incompetence in the board room.
I do however have sympathy for the players who give their heart and soul for a club that doesn't prioritise them.
Sad times.

Good on the blokes getting out there and representing their club. I’d expect the opposition to go hard at us if I was in that position, however if they carry on or take photos in front of the scoreboard or celebrate like dickheads then that’s completely different…
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

by The Bedge » Sat May 04, 2024 9:13 pm

Enough about Eliz.. talk should be about Eastern Park overcoming adversity and showing true courage to claim the points about premiership favourites Ingle Farm to go 4-0.

All bullshit aside, ripping contest out at Dwight Reserve, another physical hard fought game - it’s a shame really that the competitive games in this div are few and far between as it seems.

EP B grade probably won’t drop a game for the year. Depth is ridiculous. C grade will win a few, lose a few but be competitive.
The Bedge
Coach

by LaughingKookaburra » Sat May 04, 2024 10:09 pm

Yank Man wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Says more about the ADFL for letting it happen in my opinion. It’s not Fitzroy’s problem, they are a good team and I don’t see them pumping their chests. Elizabeth will only get worse from here on and I’ve been involved with 40 plus goal floggings at Mitchell Park and the League showed empathy at that time and sorted it the following year. If they continue to let this happen then Elizabeth will no longer be a club. Yes, I hear a few of you saying, who cares, but too many clubs in our competition are struggling right now and frankly I believe our powers to be are not strong enough to fix the issues.

Rant over, but looking at Div 1 to Div 7 it’s getting obvious already who will more than likely get relegated and we are in round 4. Not a good look.

Clubs have a fair idea if they are in the gun for relegation by round 4 in most years imo.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

by am Bays » Sat May 04, 2024 10:38 pm

Feel sorry for the boundaries, 82 run backs!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1826 times

by FOURTH ESTATE » Sat May 04, 2024 11:03 pm

The ball would have been in half of the ground all day so not as much ground to cover.

How long were the quarters ?

1st qtr 21 goals
2nd qtr 17 goals
3rd qtr 20 goals
4th qtr 24 goals
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

by Arch44 » Sat May 04, 2024 11:26 pm

30 plus easily
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

by redyellow&blue » Sat May 04, 2024 11:39 pm

Hilarious some of the commentary in here about humility and poor form etc etc ... when there has been complete silence from those very same people regarding the beating EFC got round 1...all of a sudden it's post after post about EP, new threads with bets and many men going weak at the knees...

FFC does it "oh no that's bad hmm"

It's almost like people make a comment and think "hmmm yep i got that right therefore it is"

Firstly, no one "celebrated and carried on" after the game.

1 single photo was taken of the players and the scoreboard and the club asked if it was OK to do so because...like it or not, history was made, and in reality all the people on here suggesting you would have done things differently..... yeah nah you wouldn't.

either way FFC and EFC have had many a battle over the years and hopefully they get things back on track in the next couple of years. whichever EFC lads are turning up week in week out no matter what have my utmost respect.
Last edited by redyellow&blue on Sun May 05, 2024 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 40 times

by morell » Sat May 04, 2024 11:44 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:Hilarious some of the commentary in here about humility and poor form etc etc ... when their has been complete silence from those very same people regarding the beating EFC got round 1...all of a sudden it's post after post about EP, new threads with bets and many men going weak at the knees...

FFC does it "oh no thats bad hmm"

It's almost like people maker a comment and think "hmmm yep i got that right therefore it is"

Firstly, no one "celebrated and carried on" after the game.

1 single photo was taken of the players and the scoreboard and the club asked if it was ok to do so because...like it or not, history was made, and in reality all the people on here suggesting you would have done things differently..... yeah nah you wouldn't.

either way FFC and EFC have had many a battle over the years and hopefully they get things back on track in the next couple of years. whichever EFC lads are turning up week in week out no matter what have my utmost respect.
55 goals is gross as well, that's what EP kicked.

82 is ******* ridiculous and you should all have a look in the mirror and ask yourself if that's really want you want your football club to be known for.

And nah yeah I would really hope we'd do things differently if we were in the same position.
morell
Coach

by Footy Chick » Sun May 05, 2024 12:00 am

The scores are pretty ridiculous, and no one wants to see any club go through what Elizabeth are experiencing right now - but let's face it, it could happen to any club, at any time. Elizabeth are a proud club and will come back from this.

I invite any of you to go back through the posts of 2014 and see how many people felt bad for Kilburn when it happened to them

or back to 2007 or whenever it was to see if anyone felt sorry for the Kaurna Eagles.

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

by morell » Sun May 05, 2024 12:04 am

Footy Chick wrote:The scores are pretty ridiculous, and no one wants to see any club go through what Elizabeth are experiencing right now - but let's face it, it could happen to any club, at any time. Elizabeth are a proud club and will come back from this.

I invite any of you to go back through the posts of 2014 and see how many people felt bad for Kilburn when it happened to them

or back to 2007 or whenever it was to see if anyone felt sorry for the Kaurna Eagles.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

There's nothing like today's score. The scale is what makes it so repugnant
morell
Coach

by The Bedge » Sun May 05, 2024 8:17 am

Serious question.. Flagroys copping fair bit over kicking what they did yesterday.. but whether you agree or not, what does yesterday mean for the rest of the season and/or peoples expectations?

Percentage as everyone knows is critical, and this year percentage will likely be the difference between a top 3 or not, and a finals spot or not.

Just looking at the ladder - two sides who have played Eliz have a % over 80, whilst Houghton effectively wiped out their poor percentage with a 283 point win - something like 63% of their total points this season came from that one game.

80 is the benchmark now that's reality, and whilst unlikely to be repeated, it's difficult to seeing any side this year giving it up if they look a chance to get near that - as cruel as it may seem.

I look at Ingle Farm - sitting 5th, only percentage inside the 5, but lost both games by a combined 26 points. Beat Flagroys Round 1 but are a win plus 25% behind them! Come Rd 7 we may be in a position where we really need to win and win well to stay in the finals hunt.
The Bedge
Coach

by The Bedge » Sun May 05, 2024 8:22 am

Footy Chick wrote:But let's face it, it could happen to any club, at any time.

100% and this hasn't been lost on our club - wasn't long ago we were getting belted (obviously not same scale), but also it's such a fine line these days - lose a couple volunteers or players and it can very quickly unravel.

Players in general are far more self indulged and self serving these days - they have no qualms jumping a sinking ship and finding a club primed for success - as I mentioned the other week, there is a player who has played at 9 clubs in 9 seasons in this division.. and his 9th club? Well he's fortunately found himself at Eastern Park who look primed for a flag..

Hope Lizbeff can get through this and rebuild, but we are 4 games in - the hardest part of the season is yet to come.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League