Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:02 am

Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Qantas trying to be nice but still stiffing everyone at every opportunity

I've just copped my first bad one with Qantas.

Was booked for a flight to North America leaving Melbourne at noon, meaning I was on the 8am out of Adelaide before that. No worries.
They then cancelled the noon flight, and bumped me onto the 9pm out of melbourne. Annoying, but cancellations happen, I get that.

So i ring up to get my 8am out of Adelaide changed to something more like mid-late afternoon given I'm now not leaving Melbourne until 9pm.

"Sorry sir, as your existing Adel-Melb leg still gets you into Melbourne in time to catch the new international flight, you cant change the adel-melb leg without paying a change fee, plus fare difference."

So now I'm stuck with either an 11 hour sit in Melbourne, or paying approx $640 to change the Adel-Melb leg.

W@nkers.

That's ******. I'd be ropeable.
Seems all the airlines are useless atm. Virgin tried to change our direct flights to and from Darwin in to midnight 12 hour tours in and out of Melbourne. Told 'em to shove it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:12 am

Wedgie wrote:
Trader wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Qantas trying to be nice but still stiffing everyone at every opportunity

Was booked for a flight to North America leaving Melbourne at noon, meaning I was on the 8am out of Adelaide before that. No worries.
They then cancelled the noon flight, and bumped me onto the 9pm out of melbourne. Annoying, but cancellations happen, I get that.

So i ring up to get my 8am out of Adelaide changed to something more like mid-late afternoon given I'm now not leaving Melbourne until 9pm.

"Sorry sir, as your existing Adel-Melb leg still gets you into Melbourne in time to catch the new international flight, you cant change the adel-melb leg without paying a change fee, plus fare difference."

So now I'm stuck with either an 11 hour sit in Melbourne, or paying approx $640 to change the Adel-Melb leg.

W@nkers.

That's ******. I'd be ropeable.
Seems all the airlines are useless atm. Virgin tried to change our direct flights to and from Darwin in to midnight 12 hour tours in and out of Melbourne. Told 'em to shove it.
Higher than average cancellations and delays currently. Some is down to airline incompetence and cost cutting whilst some are out of their control.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:14 am

Trader wrote:

W@nkers.
What did you expect when the new boss is a clone of the old one and was his hand picked choice. She was a poor choice from the start and her reign has got off to a very poor start
Jim05
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:25 am

Trader wrote:

W@nkers.

An 11 hour stint in the Qantas club.... :drinkers:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Seemed like I was developing an ear infection yesterday, it was getting uncomfortable and irritable so I went home and loaded up on whatever I could find.
Barely got an hours sleep as a large abscess developed under my tongue overnight nearly closing my throat over, cannot talk or drink any liquid, next level pain too.

Are you okay?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:00 pm

AFL ticket system. Ticketek and Ticketmaster are the most useless platforms possible.
I’ve been to World Cups, European Cup finals, EPL and numerous other sporting events around the world and had only minor problems getting tickets and yet you have our system crashing constantly and being sent to the far queue for 3hrs to get a few rounds of football
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:AFL ticket system. Ticketek and Ticketmaster are the most useless platforms possible.
I’ve been to World Cups, European Cup finals, EPL and numerous other sporting events around the world and had only minor problems getting tickets and yet you have our system crashing constantly and being sent to the far queue for 3hrs to get a few rounds of football

Yeah Tickemaster is especially crap. I got my email with barcodes to redeem tickets for Rounds 3-15 two days ago, the missus still hasn't got hers and the tickets were made available this morning.
Ahh well, at least we still get into General Admission for free (hopefully when the missus email does eventually rock up).

Mind you I also recently had a good experience with Ticketmaster, I had VIP access to any ticket for a concert in Melbourne later this year and accidentlaly bought front row of the stalls instead of orchestra. Bought some front row tickets in orchestra next to the stage and put my tickets in the front row of the stalls up for re-sale through the ticketmaster site. Despite one dickhead buying only one of my 2 tickets they both sold pretty quickly and got my money refunded.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:40 am

Teeth when you get older

Teeth, achilles and aggots - excruciating pain when they go wrong
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:45 am

Son hasn’t been home for a few days, I go into his room to grab any towels to do the washing and walk into a blizzard, aircon left on at 16 degrees for all that time, I might hand this next bill to his.

His remote is now in my possession.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Son hasn’t been home for a few days, I go into his room to grab any towels to do the washing and walk into a blizzard, aircon left on at 16 degrees for all that time, I might hand this next bill to his.

16 degrees. Is he getting ready for an expedition to Antarctica.

I'm the type that sleeps with a fan on 365 nights a year but will have the a/c set around 24.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby dedja » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:40 am

We set ours to 27.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:47 am

Ours is 27 during the day then we've got to gradually change it to 22 over the evening, the bloody thermostat must have been installed on top of the roof!
Much preferred our evaporative air con which unfortunately died and got replaced with refrigerated.
Could leave the evap on the same setting all day and night long.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby dedja » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:40 am

When I got our solar panels installed 13 years ago, I did a lot of research on power usage, part of which was the optimal ‘bang for buck’ temp setting for aircon. :-B

We have ducted r/c, so I determined that any temp setting below 27 for cooling was just going to make the CD in the meter spin faster without contributing any more to cooling the house beyond what was comfortable.

Did the same for heating and arrived at 18. That said, we very rarely use it for heating.

The only exception is if we want to gently warm the house early for really cold mornings to take the edge off (say 5 or below outside, which is rare), and that setting is 16, and only for 30-60 mins.

But each to his own, it took me many years to convince my Mum to not set hers to 16 for cooling, and we have settled on a compromise of 24. She was burning $$$ for no gain.

None of my daughters would dare leave the aircon on for days at 16, and in any case having a central controller negates the need for them to ‘get involved’ other than to turn the zone on or off for their room.

There was an incident many, many years ago when the in-laws we babysitting the kids and the aircon was on when we left to go out. When we came back, the aircon was still on but they had turned off ALL the zones (back then they were just independent switches for each zone) :twisted:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am

I have gas ducted heating, and a swampy ducted for cooling. Very good on energy for both.
Only issue is the handful of days per year its humid the swampy doesnt work but switch it to fan instead of cool and all good, especially after a dip in the pool.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:48 am

cracka wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Son hasn’t been home for a few days, I go into his room to grab any towels to do the washing and walk into a blizzard, aircon left on at 16 degrees for all that time, I might hand this next bill to his.

16 degrees. Is he getting ready for an expedition to Antarctica.

I'm the type that sleeps with a fan on 365 nights a year but will have the a/c set around 24.

Insane, probably had two quilts on him, he had been working outside all day and wanted a short nap before going to footy training, I think he just wanted to cool down quickly.

Friggin annoying though, he was happy to cart me around for the weekend to wherever I wanted to go.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:51 am

dedja wrote:When I got our solar panels installed 13 years ago, I did a lot of research on power usage, part of which was the optimal ‘bang for buck’ temp setting for aircon. :-B

We have ducted r/c, so I determined that any temp setting below 27 for cooling was just going to make the CD in the meter spin faster without contributing any more to cooling the house beyond what was comfortable.

Did the same for heating and arrived at 18. That said, we very rarely use it for heating.

The only exception is if we want to gently warm the house early for really cold mornings to take the edge off (say 5 or below outside, which is rare), and that setting is 16, and only for 30-60 mins.

But each to his own, it took me many years to convince my Mum to not set hers to 16 for cooling, and we have settled on a compromise of 24. She was burning $$$ for no gain.

None of my daughters would dare leave the aircon on for days at 16, and in any case having a central controller negates the need for them to ‘get involved’ other than to turn the zone on or off for their room.

There was an incident many, many years ago when the in-laws we babysitting the kids and the aircon was on when we left to go out. When we came back, the aircon was still on but they had turned off ALL the zones (back then they were just independent switches for each zone) :twisted:

None of my daughters would either, my 18 year old son who is on the run constantly is another story though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby dedja » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Lowlife scum who deliberately light bushfires, another one in the Gorge today.
dedja
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:38 pm

The effwit delivery driver who just delivered my package. Didn’t ring the doorbell just left it on the doorstep.
Checked the camera and the knobhead threw it from about 4 metres away at the door.
Message and video sent to delivery company.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:41 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The effwit delivery driver who just delivered my package. Didn’t ring the doorbell just left it on the doorstep.
Checked the camera and the knobhead threw it from about 4 metres away at the door.

Company name?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:41 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The effwit delivery driver who just delivered my package. Didn’t ring the doorbell just left it on the doorstep.

Making up time from helping some old bloke with his telly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion