Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby dedja » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:35 pm

:lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:22 am

cracka wrote:
DOC wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
dedja wrote:Thankfully, some (alleged) criminals are thick as two bricks.

This one hasn’t been too hard for police to piece together once the suspects were located.

Gees, it looks like they gave the bloke a good seeing to when they arrested him
Regardless of what he allegedly did, they shouldn't leave themselves open to an allegation of overstepping the mark

Nope. Looks like he was in that condition when arrested.

We don't need these lefty woke comments on this one.

@Jimmy_041 being accused of lefty wokism =))

Spot on Cracka, is one of the reasons they were caught so quickly was because of the injuries sustained by the POS at the time of the HI
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:18 am

The Star Force is a bit like the SAS

To be able to get people who are capable of doing the job you inevitably have people who are going to toe the line in respect of violence.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:42 am

Having three fire engines turn up at 4am to the next door neighbours as a false alarm with their smoke detector. Elderly couple so it automatically sends out a message to the fireys.

Glad they are ok though
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:27 am

DOC wrote:Still the same "service" on Thursday Nights?

It's more bronze service than silver service these days
Probably because half the crowd fall asleep by 7pm

Not like the old days when Sparkles ruled the roost(ers)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby locky801 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:22 pm

Two innocent lives lost out on the Barrier Highway today, goodness knows how that accident has happened, know that area well as drive it 20 to 30 times a year

Thoughts gone out to the families/colleagues involved but also first responders whom i know have arrived to the most awful scene possible :( :(
locky801
Coach

Postby dedja » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:45 pm

The truckie has now been charged with 2 counts of causing death by dangerous driving. So sad.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:04 pm

The senseless loss of life on our roads this year has been gutwrenching. So many people lost. So many lives changed. It's shit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Booney wrote:The senseless loss of life on our roads this year has been gutwrenching. So many people lost. So many lives changed. It's shit.

Australia wide been horrific :(
locky801
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:32 am

It’s easy to say it in hindsight, however what the hell is a 75 year old doing driving a road train? You can argue he has been through testing ect to keep his license, however biologically at 75 no one is able to make the decisions they were doing even 5-8 years earlier and by no way would they be safe enough to drive a heavy vehicle of that size for such a long distance. I’d be interested to see how common this is?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:10 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s easy to say it in hindsight, however what the hell is a 75 year old doing driving a road train? You can argue he has been through testing ect to keep his license, however biologically at 75 no one is able to make the decisions they were doing even 5-8 years earlier and by no way would they be safe enough to drive a heavy vehicle of that size for such a long distance. I’d be interested to see how common this is?

Truckies drive forever mate, once it’s in their blood it never leaves.

I don’t think the driver was incompetent in this instance, he made a wrong decision and tried to beat the train to the crossing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:01 am

locky801 wrote:
Booney wrote:The senseless loss of life on our roads this year has been gutwrenching. So many people lost. So many lives changed. It's shit.

Having just driven to Melbourne and back over Christmas, it is easy to see why some people get into strife. I noticed several drivers with eyes on screens instead of the road, and the amount of tailgating was ridiculous.

Could also be in the sh1ts thread, but why must people who sit below the speed limit suddenly speed up when the overtaking lane appears?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:21 am

I travelled a bit over the Christmas period and agree, the amount of tailgaiting at 110km/h was scary. On a stretch from Mildura to Yamba, I was sitting on 114-115km which in itself is illegal, and I lost count of the cars who overtook me
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:40 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Having just driven to Melbourne and back over Christmas, it is easy to see why some people get into strife. I noticed several drivers with eyes on screens instead of the road, and the amount of tailgating was ridiculous.

Could also be in the sh1ts thread, but why must people who sit below the speed limit suddenly speed up when the overtaking lane appears?

Happened twice yesterday on the way back from VH

I sat patiently behind one sitting on 90 who then moved to the overtaking lane and hit 110 :twisted: I need some eggs when I drive
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:29 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Happened twice yesterday on the way back from VH

I sat patiently behind one sitting on 90 who then moved to the overtaking lane and hit 110 :twisted: I need some eggs when I drive

What makes me absolutely livid is when tailgaters wont overtake

Was stuck behind 6 cars the other day doing about 88 in a 110 zone
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby locky801 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:41 pm

I travel around 40k on country roads annually.

I never travel on those roads Fridays to Mondays, Tuesday is the best day for travelling on country roads i find, very little traffic

Ib try and keep clear of roads without multiple overtaking lanes, Sturt Hwy and Dukes Hwy being the best

Most my travel is the Barrier Hwy and to be honest after Saddleworth there is never an issue, not often u get stuck behind a road train or Caravan for too long if at all
locky801
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:58 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s easy to say it in hindsight, however what the hell is a 75 year old doing driving a road train? You can argue he has been through testing ect to keep his license, however biologically at 75 no one is able to make the decisions they were doing even 5-8 years earlier and by no way would they be safe enough to drive a heavy vehicle of that size for such a long distance. I’d be interested to see how common this is?

I tend to agree about the road train - I don't think I'd try that - but you can't be totally arbitrary about age.

I'm still driving my Renault Megane RS 265 at age 80. It is a 6 speed manual and does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds - faster if I switch to "race mode" but I rarely use that. My wife (aged 74) and I just recently drove a Kia Sportage diesel manual around Ireland too. And my mother-in-law is still running a yacht at the Royal Yacht Squadron at 92.

There is a lot of variation to ageing. I went to an event with my graduating year on medicine recently. I'm fit and healthy and have no current illness or disability and still have brown hair while another guy my age was bald, shaky, and in a wheel chair.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:25 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
locky801 wrote:

I think it's a subconscious thing that when the road opens up visually, drivers subconsciously accelerate. It happens on suburban roads like Lower Portrush across the O'barn & Torrens river section, people will get up to 65-70kmh.
I'm absolutely not defending these people as I've done interstate truck driving & it's the biggest frustration for truck drivers.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:58 pm

Psyber wrote:

I tend to agree about the road train - I don't think I'd try that - but you can't be totally arbitrary about age.

I'm still driving my Renault Megane RS 265 at age 80. It is a 6 speed manual and does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds - faster if I switch to "race mode" but I rarely use that. My wife (aged 74) and I just recently drove a Kia Sportage diesel manual around Ireland too. And my mother-in-law is still running a yacht at the Royal Yacht Squadron at 92.

There is a lot of variation to ageing. I went to an event with my graduating year on medicine recently. I'm fit and healthy and have no current illness or disability and still have brown hair while another guy my age was bald, shaky, and in a wheel chair.

Completely understand your point and I’m not going to quiz your back ground, however you aren’t driving that car everyday 100’s of kms a day as a job - Even then it’s not the same as driving a road train (As you mentioned) . I just personally believe that no one at that age should be driving a road train long distances whilst doing shift work. Whilst you can’t prejudge, there is no way even the fittest 75 year olds are able to concentrate religiously day in, day out behind the wheel of a vehicle like that and make critical decisions continuously. It’s easy to say it now as I said, I was just genuinely shocked and I get that it’s in people’s blood.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby dedja » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:08 pm

Just to add to this, it’s irrelevant whether the accused has cancer, whether they are rich or poor, where they live or who they live with, the only question that has to be answered is … were they fit to drive on the day of the incident.

The facts will come out if and when the accused is prosecuted; the impact to the victims should heavily outweigh any (self inflicted) impact to the accused.
dedja
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion