HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Toto » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:39 am

Why do you say that Dutchy?

Coming from a very very long way back. And now Ironbank is gone i struggle to see them getting a win unless they’ve signed 5+ decent ones.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:56 am

Toto wrote:Why do you say that Dutchy?

Coming from a very very long way back. And now Ironbank is gone i struggle to see them getting a win unless they’ve signed 5+ decent ones.

More than confident they will win a few games in 2024
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Show Time » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:33 am

Dutchy wrote:

I bounced some info I heard last week that Turner from Glenelg is going to Echunga but got nothing.... but was back in the same front bar and talk is the have also signed a former West ruck a huge fella and a player from Goodwood/Goolwa that they said is pretty handy also but it was discussed over a few beers in a hills pub.... beers and snitty was 10/10.
Show Time
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Toto » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:23 am

Echunga always throw huge money at 2-3 but their depth is the worst I’ve seen in div 1. I’d look at bringing in as many solid 0 pointers as possible to bridge the gap from their best to their worst.

Sounds like most other sides have lost a few. Hahndorf, Nairne and Lofty my early tip to be the front runners (no real surprises there). Hearing Lobey has lost heaps again. Anyone confirm? Heard a whisper about a possible merger as well? Not sure how true that is.
Toto
Under 16s

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Milkman101 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:02 am

Toto wrote:Echunga always throw huge money at 2-3 but their depth is the worst I’ve seen in div 1. I’d look at bringing in as many solid 0 pointers as possible to bridge the gap from their best to their worst.

Sounds like most other sides have lost a few. Hahndorf, Nairne and Lofty my early tip to be the front runners (no real surprises there). Hearing Lobey has lost heaps again. Anyone confirm? Heard a whisper about a possible merger as well? Not sure how true that is.

From Premiership team to merger. Bit of a fall from grace
Milkman101
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby caleb777 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:59 pm

Who could Lobey merge with?

Birdwood? Gumeracha?
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby doubletrouble » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:54 pm

caleb777 wrote:Who could Lobey merge with?

Birdwood? Gumeracha?

They should merge with Gumeracha, Birdwood and Kersbrook
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby caleb777 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:40 pm

doubletrouble wrote:
caleb777 wrote:Who could Lobey merge with?

Birdwood? Gumeracha?

They should merge with Gumeracha, Birdwood and Kersbrook

Northern Knights or something like that would be great. GBKL or some order of names is too wordy.

Gumeracha to their credit have been very successful the last few years.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby doubletrouble » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:39 pm

Last edited by doubletrouble on Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby doubletrouble » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm

The Northern Rainbows
LGBT

Lobethal, Gumeracha, Birdwood, Torrens valley
doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby marbles » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:03 pm

Or the Northern Xmas Lights
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Yank Man » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:28 pm

Show Time wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I bounced some info I heard last week that Turner from Glenelg is going to Echunga but got nothing.... but was back in the same front bar and talk is the have also signed a former West ruck a huge fella and a player from Goodwood/Goolwa that they said is pretty handy also but it was discussed over a few beers in a hills pub.... beers and snitty was 10/10.

My info was not pub talk :D but Brett Turner, Reece Slape (x Goolwa and Goody Sts) and Andre Parella (the huge fella ruckman) have signed at Echunga.
Parella played in the Sunraysia League the last 2 years but prior to that he was at Goody Sts and West Adelaide, BUT, he’s signed a contract to play at Kenilworth in 2024. Be interesting to see how that plays out…….

If it’s all true :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby scottroo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:15 pm

A contract means nothing until the player is transferred. He can sign 20 contracts before Feb 1st if he wishes
scottroo
League - Best 21

Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yank Man » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:32 pm

scottroo wrote:A contract means nothing until the player is transferred. He can sign 20 contracts before Feb 1st if he wishes

So why bother signing them if you don’t know if you have got them til 1st Feb. Makes all the Facebook posts a load of w..k. I liked it when you could put clearances in the system in November. Who would be a Footy Director Scottroo :lol: :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:47 pm

Which is why clubs should park the big announcements that either get forwarded to that page I won’t mention or that page swipes off the club FB pages. Unless a bloke is training with you come March why bother. Half of the posted recruits aren’t even bona fide A grade players so how about we put an end to the wankfest and let everyone see who is new to the club come Round 1. It’s community footy FFS. Too many wannabees getting their 15 minutes of fame. Let’s welcome X to the club with lovely partner Y and child Z blah blah blah. I repeat FFS!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:26 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Which is why clubs should park the big announcements that either get forwarded to that page I won’t mention or that page swipes off the club FB pages. Unless a bloke is training with you come March why bother. Half of the posted recruits aren’t even bona fide A grade players so how about we put an end to the wankfest and let everyone see who is new to the club come Round 1. It’s community footy FFS. Too many wannabees getting their 15 minutes of fame. Let’s welcome X to the club with lovely partner Y and child Z blah blah blah. I repeat FFS!

Seems more than a few BDOS players on these pages of late.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:47 pm

That’s the beauty of PlayHQ Dutchy. Provides the factual playing history of some of these recruits that are supposedly going to make their new club “so much better”. Nothing to do with BDOS but one of the recent Kangarilla recruits that they felt was worth the obligatory handshake photo with the coach or FD is taking the piss. The lad didn’t even play footy this year and only played 5 games spread across 2021 and 2022 in B and C grade at a D4 Ammo club. Yet we are being told he will be a big asset to Kangy’s. Seriously!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:54 am

Down the Hill wrote:Which is why clubs should park the big announcements that either get forwarded to that page I won’t mention or that page swipes off the club FB pages. Unless a bloke is training with you come March why bother. Half of the posted recruits aren’t even bona fide A grade players so how about we put an end to the wankfest and let everyone see who is new to the club come Round 1. It’s community footy FFS. Too many wannabees getting their 15 minutes of fame. Let’s welcome X to the club with lovely partner Y and child Z blah blah blah. I repeat FFS!

X has feelings.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Dirty dog » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:41 am

I’m with you DTH, it’s the same with coaches announcements. In 10 months time club advertising for new coach, some don’t even make it to rd 1. As you said total wankfest.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby cracka » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:42 am

Down the Hill wrote:That’s the beauty of PlayHQ Dutchy. Provides the factual playing history of some of these recruits that are supposedly going to make their new club “so much better”. Nothing to do with BDOS but one of the recent Kangarilla recruits that they felt was worth the obligatory handshake photo with the coach or FD is taking the piss. The lad didn’t even play footy this year and only played 5 games spread across 2021 and 2022 in B and C grade at a D4 Ammo club. Yet we are being told he will be a big asset to Kangy’s. Seriously!!

I love to see Play HQ have a clearances page like Sportingpulse used to & the CFL make it compulsory for all leagues to show their ins & outs
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy