Black listed companies

Anything!

Re: Black listed companies

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:58 pm

Wedgie 2018 wrote:I've had even more problems since then, more over charging. Approximately a dozen visits to the store and 50 phone calls later assured it wouldn't happen again. Then stupid me got a $5pm fetch tv and got charged $30pm for it! ( and it didnt work at the start so their solution was to send me second one which also didn't work, a week later after several calls one worked) Asked for a refund of $50 for 2 months. Got $15 instead.
Told them just to cancel everything as I'm sick of dealing with their incompetence. 9 months of hell basically. I have never come across another company that would even have 5% of the incompetence and poor service as Optus.
What I've written is but a tiny summary of their invompetence. A full detailed report would be close to 50 pages long.
I wouldn't wish Optus on my worst enemy.
I've learnt a very expensive lesson and I feel for those who work normal hours and dont have days on end to spend on the phone and in shops like I have.
Anyone who is with them in any capacity should try and get out ASAP, its just a matter of time!

Hope people listened.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:02 pm

The way people are reacting it’s like Armageddon. No phone or internet, unless of course you could connect to WIFI, for a few hours. God forbid.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:The way people are reacting it’s like Armageddon. No phone or internet, unless of course you could connect to WIFI, for a few hours. God forbid.

Optus is so much worse than jut wifi, phone and internet outages. I've never encountered a company even close to as incompetent as they are in my 50 plus years.
I'm assuming the only reason they have any customers is because they have exclusive rights to the EPL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby dedja » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:07 pm

No doubt Optus haven’t covered themselves in glory, from the Cyber incident last year to yesterdays debacle, but I’ve had a long history of dealing with Telstra in both a business and personal capacity and believe it or not, I’d deal with Optus any day of the week compared with Telstra.

Other people’s mileage may vary, but I’ve not dealt with Telstra in any way for over 4 years and would never go back under any circumstances.

That said, Optus need to move on their CEO who is hopelessly out of her depth and is an embarrassment to the industry.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Brucetiki » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:09 pm

After the way Optus treated my aunt after my uncle passed away a couple of years ago, I would never go back to them.

She went to cancel his service following his passing. Their first response was that he had to contact them to cancel the cover. After they dragged the chain on the cancellation for months, the TIO got involved. Once the complaint was resolved and his phone service finally cancelled, they asked my aunt if he'd be interested in a new phone plan!
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 34 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:10 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:The way people are reacting it’s like Armageddon. No phone or internet, unless of course you could connect to WIFI, for a few hours. God forbid.

Optus is so much worse than jut wifi, phone and internet outages. I've never encountered a company even close to as incompetent as they are in my 50 plus years.
I'm assuming the only reason they have any customers is because they have exclusive rights to the EPL.

I’ve been with them for mobile for 30 years and have never had an issue. Weird how it works sometimes between different people
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:11 pm

Brucetiki wrote:After the way Optus treated my aunt after my uncle passed away a couple of years ago, I would never go back to them.

She went to cancel his service following his passing. Their first response was that he had to contact them to cancel the cover. After they dragged the chain on the cancellation for months, the TIO got involved. Once the complaint was resolved and his phone service finally cancelled, they asked my aunt if he'd be interested in a new phone plan!

That is bad.

But that’s on an individual not the actual company
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:17 pm

I live 5kms out of the CBD and struggled to get even 3g with Optus too (had a 5g plan). Struggled in the middle of the city quite often too. My mate couldn't work out why he couldn't watch his sky channel on his Sports Bet app recently with Optus, I created a hotspot and he had no issues.
Wouldn't be able to work at home even if they were a competent company and I was still with them. But the way they ran their company coverage wasn't even a minor issue compared to the rest.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:After the way Optus treated my aunt after my uncle passed away a couple of years ago, I would never go back to them.

That is bad.

Companies are responsible for their employees and the appropriate training though!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:49 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That is bad.

Companies are responsible for their employees and the appropriate training though!

As we have seen, you can give people so much information and training they still act like idiots. Joel Smith comes to mind easily, no one gets more information about drugs than AFL listed players.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:59 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That is bad.

As we have seen, you can give people so much information and training they still act like idiots. Joel Smith comes to mind easily, no one gets more information about drugs than AFL listed players.

Maybe the AFL should be fining the Demons and sanctioning them too.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:12 pm

dedja wrote:No doubt Optus haven’t covered themselves in glory, from the Cyber incident last year to yesterdays debacle, but I’ve had a long history of dealing with Telstra in both a business and personal capacity and believe it or not, I’d deal with Optus any day of the week compared with Telstra.

Other people’s mileage may vary, but I’ve not dealt with Telstra in any way for over 4 years and would never go back under any circumstances.

That said, Optus need to move on their CEO who is hopelessly out of her depth and is an embarrassment to the industry.

She ticks the diversity box though.

I'm with you dedja. I find Optus very good

Telstra have a very short memory. Didn't they have a similar outage earler this year?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby dedja » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:16 pm

There is a woman of Armenian descent that they could replace the current CEO with, would tick a couple of diversity boxes. :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie 2018 wrote:I've had even more problems since then, more over charging. Approximately a dozen visits to the store and 50 phone calls later assured it wouldn't happen again. Then stupid me got a $5pm fetch tv and got charged $30pm for it! ( and it didnt work at the start so their solution was to send me second one which also didn't work, a week later after several calls one worked) Asked for a refund of $50 for 2 months. Got $15 instead.
Told them just to cancel everything as I'm sick of dealing with their incompetence. 9 months of hell basically. I have never come across another company that would even have 5% of the incompetence and poor service as Optus.
What I've written is but a tiny summary of their invompetence. A full detailed report would be close to 50 pages long.
I wouldn't wish Optus on my worst enemy.
I've learnt a very expensive lesson and I feel for those who work normal hours and dont have days on end to spend on the phone and in shops like I have.
Anyone who is with them in any capacity should try and get out ASAP, its just a matter of time!

Hope people listened.

I joined Optus since you made the original post ... but I was fleeing Vodafone, who had turned a simple phone-upgrade operation into a month-long metaphorical arse-reaming. When I finally had enough and quit, they even managed to bollocks up the porting-out of the service.

Never, never, never Vodafone ever again. I guess that leaves Tel$tra...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:27 pm

dedja wrote:There is a woman of Armenian descent that they could replace the current CEO with, would tick a couple of diversity boxes. :lol:
Gladys is in the mix for the Qantas chair when Dicky departs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:48 pm

dedja wrote:There is a woman of Armenian descent that they could replace the current CEO with, would tick a couple of diversity boxes. :lol:

Who remembers the Armenians?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 pm

Brodlach wrote:

That is bad.

If it was just one employee, then yep I'd get that.

But the whole process took about 6 months for them do a simple cancellation of a deceased estate - involving multiple agents. Not to mention their complaints team actually thought it was acceptable to sell a mobile phone to a dead person.
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 34 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:55 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That is bad.

If it was just one employee, then yep I'd get that.

But the whole process took about 6 months for them do a simple cancellation of a deceased estate - involving multiple agents. Not to mention their complaints team actually thought it was acceptable to sell a mobile phone to a dead person.

I think Facebook did something like this
"You need to organise for the deceased person to delist the page"
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:34 pm

Verona Cafe Restaurante at Golden Grove.

We booked there for Father's Day and I suspect because they were 'newly opened', they were having teething issues. However, this was a complete sh2tshow.

We had 16-18 people for breakfast.

We ordered say 15 coffees. We got 12 over the course of the next 30 minutes - no logical order either. My sister asked for her coffee again and was told because she'd asked again, it would be put to the back of the queue. Hold fire on that.....

We ordered breakfast. The orders came out one by one, generally cold and orders that were 'the same' came out different. One garnished different, one without butter, one without toast. Complaints were met with sighs from staff.

After 80 minutes of a 90 minute setting, my niece didn't have either a coffee or breakfast (two pancakes). When she complained, she got a full refund and the breakfast came out stone cold. The coffee (as stated above) finally arrived, cold.

We put a review on their FB site and google site and the FB reviews were taken down within 10 minutes of us leaving. I really hope they have their sh2t together now but by Christ we were burnt and will never go back.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:07 am

That is a shambles
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion