INS and OUTS for 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Postby Big Phil » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:25 pm

Two time Frosty Miller medalist and former Blood Chris Burgess will now play SANFL footy for the Crows, when not in the AFL side.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Mic » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:18 pm

Officially announced today that Andrew Moore is joining Aaron Young and Cameron Craig in retiring from SANFL football,
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:55 pm

northerner wrote:
Spargo wrote:
northerner wrote:Montgomerie may well play VFL next season.
If he plays in SA it will be with the Dogs. Likewise Hately. Neither will be playing against the Dogs if they are not with the Dogs.

That’s not what I’ve heard, both very gettable.

Time will tell.
My mail is Hately will play VFL.
Montgomerie is 50/50 between VFL and Centrals.

Hately's partner has a new job in Melbourne, going to make returning to Adelaide very difficult now.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:18 am

Norwood boys on the prowl yesterday advise that they are confident that Boyd will stay. They did mention that a purge of coaches (basically all except Rawlings and Saywell) as well as a large number from the junior and womens programs has come as quite a shock.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:08 am

DOC wrote:Norwood boys on the prowl yesterday advise that they are confident that Boyd will stay. They did mention that a purge of coaches (basically all except Rawlings and Saywell) as well as a large number from the junior and womens programs has come as quite a shock.
Needed some coaching changes. This year was not in any way acceptable and the club was terrible on field in all grades. They need to have a good hard look at how the football club is run
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:
DOC wrote:Norwood boys on the prowl yesterday advise that they are confident that Boyd will stay. They did mention that a purge of coaches (basically all except Rawlings and Saywell) as well as a large number from the junior and womens programs has come as quite a shock.
Needed some coaching changes. This year was not in any way acceptable and the club was terrible on field in all grades. They need to have a good hard look at how the football club is run

Should never have moved Mark Ross on, pure insanity imho.

Last I'd heard from someone very close to the playing group was that Harry loves the club and had no intention of leaving .. Things can change pretty quickly though, so hopefully that still holds. I think we were pretty sure on getting Stefan Giro back but I see he's just done an ACL and will miss 2024. Should be some decent ex-AFL fringe players available and we'd wanna land a few decent ones which obviously wont be easy as all clubs would be chasing them. Needing to replace Rok's and Nunny looks tough enough, but imho we hadn't replaced Rantall from 22' either, so theres a lot of work to be done to get a decent midfield in place.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby nwdfanparade » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:21 pm

JK wrote:Should never have moved Mark Ross on, pure insanity imho.

absolutely.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 151 times

Postby southernbulldog » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:40 pm

We are stoked he is helping us
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:00 pm

Rumoured on another forum Brodie Edwards leaving Glenelg heading to his third club supposedly the Eagles . No clue if it’s true or not
My apologies no offence meant to the Glenelg players I’ve been told elsewhere my source has 2 Glenelg players mixed up
Last edited by MJP1993 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:09 pm

southernbulldog wrote:We are stoked he is helping us

And to be honest I'm stoked he doesn't have to put up with BS politics anymore and is at a club that values him. He's a ripper bloke Rossy, so genuinely hope he smashes it with you guys, I have complete faith that he will.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby nwdfanparade » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:43 pm

JK wrote:

And to be honest I'm stoked he doesn't have to put up with BS politics anymore and is at a club that values him. He's a ripper bloke Rossy, so genuinely hope he smashes it with you guys, I have complete faith that he will.

That's what worries me the most.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 151 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:54 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
JK wrote:

That's what worries me the most.

Doesn’t worry me in the slightest mate, if our club can prove me wrong I’ll be the first to admit it, but the bloke knows his scouting and plans in advance, and I’m certain we’re poorer for not having him. FFS he brought us the best players we’ve been able to attract for years if not decades, even in our most recent success he’d brought across Roks and Harry. Like I said, insanity imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:39 pm

Eagles have signed Luke Mckay from NSW
https://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/stor ... the-sanfl/
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:11 pm

Mic wrote:Officially announced today that Andrew Moore is joining Aaron Young and Cameron Craig in retiring from SANFL football,

Young and Craig have signed for Keith
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:10 pm

Just a question to anyone who knows. Do clubs still pay transfer fees local and interstate? If yes when a player is picked up in a draft midterm or normal, can a club claim that payment back.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby knowledge » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:18 pm

We are excited to announce that Brodie Newman is coming home!

Brodie has been applying his trade at the Glenelg Football club in the SANFL where he successfully played in a premiership at senior level as a key defender in 2023.

It’s exciting for our club, as the 22 yo has yet to pull the two blues jumper on at senior level after a successful period at junior level that saw him play two years at the Calder Cannons. Brodie then moved interstate playing for Glenelg and the Wanderers in the Northern Territory Football League.

Brodie and his family have been involved at Abers for a long period of time and it’s great to have Brodie back at Abers! We look forward to seeing that first game and the ongoing positive impact Brodie will have on our playing group and club.

Welcome home, Brodie.
Attachments
IMG_3295.jpeg
IMG_3295.jpeg (28.21 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:05 am

knowledge wrote:We are excited to announce that Brodie Newman is coming home!

Brodie has been applying his trade at the Glenelg Football club in the SANFL where he successfully played in a premiership at senior level as a key defender in 2023.

It’s exciting for our club, as the 22 yo has yet to pull the two blues jumper on at senior level after a successful period at junior level that saw him play two years at the Calder Cannons. Brodie then moved interstate playing for Glenelg and the Wanderers in the Northern Territory Football League.

Brodie and his family have been involved at Abers for a long period of time and it’s great to have Brodie back at Abers! We look forward to seeing that first game and the ongoing positive impact Brodie will have on our playing group and club.

Welcome home, Brodie.

So, he's coming home, where's home?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby robranisgod » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:00 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Welcome home, Brodie.

I assume Aberfeldie Football Club, near Essendon. I know that they are the two Blues and the article mentions "Abers" and that Glenelg is interstate.
Also ge played for the Calder Cannons Under 18s.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:30 am

Welcome home, Brodie.

Not unexpected been widely rumoured

Leaves as the quintessential atypical Glenelg footballer, two seasons for two flags...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby knowledge » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:44 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Welcome home, Brodie.

Sorry. I posted an image from Aberfeldie FC as an attachment, as well. Hope it uploaded.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL