Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:53 am

I know how much this forum loves OTR...

Circa 9 AM this morning, OTR Gepps Cross on GJR. Largish queue of people waiting patiently in line while the single peon behind the counter made a sodding milk shake. Second staff member was hiding somewhere in the aisles, doing something more important than serving punters. And the irony? There is a HJ's outlet crammed into this OTR; I'm pretty sure they serve milkshakes (or a good chemical approximation of them) without holding up punters who just want to pay for petrol.

But it's oh so convenient!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MW » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:20 am

Pseudo wrote:I know how much this forum loves OTR...

Circa 9 AM this morning, OTR Gepps Cross on GJR. Largish queue of people waiting patiently in line while the single peon behind the counter made a sodding milk shake. Second staff member was hiding somewhere in the aisles, doing something more important than serving punters. And the irony? There is a HJ's outlet crammed into this OTR; I'm pretty sure they serve milkshakes (or a good chemical approximation of them) without holding up punters who just want to pay for petrol.

And you had the honour of paying for overpriced petrol too
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:03 pm

Anything dairy from HJs is guaranteed squirts to be fair to the bloke
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:43 pm

The "outlaws" are over from Adelaide for the week..... not that this gives me the shits.

The old boy (think he's 84) decided rather than flying he wanted to take the Overland. We were happy to pay for the flights, but he insisted on coming by train. Retired folk, so spending 9 hours looking out of a train window, as opposed to a 1 hour flight. Go figure.

So the plan was they get on the train at Kewsick Sunday morning (having dodged the city to bay fun runners) and the train was to pull into Southern Cross Station at 6.50pm. All good we will pick you up, then grab some dinner on the way home.

About 12.30 yesterday, wife get a message "we are stuck in Dimboola, train will be delayed for up to 3 hours....."

Stuffed up on Sunday plans of heading into the city at around 4, having a look about then getting to the train station.

Overland rolled into Southern Cross at 10.00pm.

I think I know where Alan Joyce had landing his new job, at Southern Rail.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:02 pm

Rail network in Australia is shocking and we should have a great setup instead we have a hotchpotch network where rail travel is expensive and is always having delays, scheduling problems
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:Rail network in Australia is shocking and we should have a great setup instead we have a hotchpotch network where rail travel is expensive and is always having delays, scheduling problems

Air/Rail. Same thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:09 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Rail network in Australia is shocking and we should have a great setup instead we have a hotchpotch network where rail travel is expensive and is always having delays, scheduling problems

Air/Rail. Same thing.
Some similarities in how they are run but we have one of the best air networks in the world and our air m infrastructure is pretty damn good. Rail on the other hand has been left to rot almost.
A Melbourne to Sydney bullet train would fix a lot of issues in the air and rail industry unfortunately it’s no closer to reality than what it was 30 years ago
Jim05
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Air/Rail. Same thing.
Some similarities in how they are run but we have one of the best air networks in the world and our air m infrastructure is pretty damn good. Rail on the other hand has been left to rot almost.
A Melbourne to Sydney bullet train would fix a lot of issues in the air and rail industry unfortunately it’s no closer to reality than what it was 30 years ago

A Melb/Syd Bullet train would have a major impact on where we decide to retire.

I like the idea of living at say Echuca, and being about to get on a train that gets to Flinders Street in about 45 minutes!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:59 pm

We used to catch the train to Melbourne and back all the time in the early 90s.
I just don't see how people can justify a more expensive trip that takes 12 hours over a quick flight these days.
Shame though, we had some great times!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:01 pm

Bought a box for my new desktop PC from an office supply place in Melbourne, measured the PC up before I ordered to make sure it would fit in it, no problems, at least a couple of centremetres clear on every side. It looked perfect.
Arrives today, of course I have to put it together. Grrr.
(It gives me the shits that any bit of furniture has to be put together too)
Put it together, set it up in the corner, pull all my leads out of my pc and go to put the PC into it and the PC is literally less than .5 cm too tall. :evil:

Back up plan that the PC can go on top of the box and it sits at a good height, not a bad plan B but still shitty though. If stuff doesn't come the exact size its advertised it should be given away free! :twisted:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mickey » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:40 pm

Pseudo wrote:I know how much this forum loves OTR...

Download the OTR app.... get a random discount on fuel and dont even have to enter the building to pay.

Problem solvered

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:22 pm

That's because freight trains have right of passage on any rail line.

We only even still have the overlander because each state govt is taking turns in bailing it out.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

That's because freight trains have right of passage on any rail line.

We only even still have the overlander because each state govt is taking turns in bailing it out.
Yes, I agree with that but the network is still woeful for freight too.
Rail should be one of the most cost effective modes of transport for freight if setup correctly but our system and infrastructure is terrible. I think we have not spent the money we should have on building and maintaining lines that can handle goods trains and passenger trains unfortunately
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:23 am

Pneumonia can GAGF
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:32 am

Jim05 wrote:Pneumonia can GAGF

A number of years ago I was hospitalized for weeks with it, ended up basically losing a lung.

Take care and don’t push yourself
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:51 am

Brodlach wrote:

A number of years ago I was hospitalized for weeks with it, ended up basically losing a lung.

Yeah, about 6 years ago I spent 2 days in hospital but fully recovered. Hopefully I got early this time and the drugs kick in
Jim05
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:43 pm

That Michael DeVenuto is still our batting coach. How many batting collapses during his tenure? How many players have improved, especially overseas? A major part of the boys club cricket set up which is seeing us several rungs below where we should be. Even Warner is more useful than our ******* batting coach. Piss him off ffs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Yeah, about 6 years ago I spent 2 days in hospital but fully recovered. Hopefully I got early this time and the drugs kick in

Yeah yeah, in the lead up to the 2007 GF I was in bed sick for a week. Mate goes do you think your well enough to go to Melbourne? Jumped in the back seat with a quilt and a pillow and slept all the way. Made it to the G but my condition worsened and only saw half the game. Back in the back seat with my rug and pillow for the long drive back to YP and straight to the Wallaroo hospital. Yep I had Pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. Horrible experience
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:18 pm

The jizz smelling trees flowering
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times