Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby locky801 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:54 pm

Pseudo wrote:A bunch of us just wandered down Main North rd to Indian Temptations for lunch.

Food was great, if a little salty, and large portions. But the real drawcard is: the food is delivered to the table by a ROBOT!!

Imagine the joy and discussion this provoked among a table full of engineers. :-B

robot.jpg
robot.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 3793 times

warning warning your meal is served
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:00 pm

Pseudo wrote:A bunch of us just wandered down Main North rd to Indian Temptations for lunch.

Food was great, if a little salty, and large portions. But the real drawcard is: the food is delivered to the table by a ROBOT!!

Imagine the joy and discussion this provoked among a table full of engineers. :-B

One of these: https://images.app.goo.gl/Avbu5RkQcDApYEGW9 maybe NSFW

Or this one:
Attachments
61E71EB4-21CD-4361-830E-20FFA17BD16A.jpeg
61E71EB4-21CD-4361-830E-20FFA17BD16A.jpeg (14.45 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
Last edited by am Bays on Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Indian Temptations has really dropped away in recent years.

Zaika on Hampstead Road is nice, and Drunken Monkey in North Adelaide is excellent.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:11 pm

I went to a Thai restaurant in Fairfield in Melbourne recently and they had the robots as well.
A bit different but a good experience.
The pricks don’t bring back a beer when you ask them though!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:33 pm

Saw this at the old Green Dragon? Hotel on South Tce recently, next to Fasta Pasta
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:36 am

Has anyone been to The Little Hunter for a meal before? We're booked in Friday night after the golf. Looks like a nice little spot.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:39 am

@Bum Crack

Booney wrote:The Little Hunter - Victoria St, Adelaide.

Go there.

300gm wagyu rump, wheat and barley fed, marble score 8+ served with steakhouse chips, baked potato or truffle mash, I went the baked spud. Added some roasted baby carrots on the side, $54 total.

The steak was a perfect medium, absolutely bang on, went with the pepper sauce that was just that, pepper sauce, not some gravy with peppercorns. Excellent. Good size spud with some sour cream and the roasted baby carrots were served in a side clay pot covered in a drizzle of honey.

It's a steak and ale house, I can't tell you the beers I tried, it was several IPA's or IIPA's.

Excellent venue, really ye olde ale house feel, feed was excellent.

9/10. Give it a go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Vamos » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:09 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone been to The Little Hunter for a meal before? We're booked in Friday night after the golf. Looks like a nice little spot.

Went there about 5 years ago didn't rate it, both our steaks were bland and full of gristle. Cool setting though.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:27 pm

Last Sunday went to House of Tien, Morphett Rd Glengowrie

Steamed rice, Special Fried Rice, King Prawn with Veg, Seafood Hot Pot, Crispy Chilli Beef, Honey Sesame Chicken, Chicken with Cashew Nut, 4 x Fried Ice Cream. 2 wines, 4 beers, 2 soft drinks. $210- Really really good. Under new management & doing a good job.
Service - 9/10
Food - 9/10

If you’re ever in Pt Hughes/Moonta then do yourself a favour & get your pizzas from Cafe Capella’s. We’ve never never had a bad feed from them. They’re trading as a pop up out of the golf club due to a fire, fast delivery high end pizza.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:51 pm

NuNu, foreshore in Palm Cove,
3rd year in a row here,
every time the food is incredble,
from simple things like chicken wings to the perfect eye fillet,
a fantastic wine list too, lots of SA reds,
coupled with a stunning view of the palm tree lined shore overlooking the Coral Sea,
if you don't get it on after this, then your relationship is stuffed :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:23 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:NuNu, foreshore in Palm Cove,
3rd year in a row here,
every time the food is incredble,
from simple things like chicken wings to the perfect eye fillet,
a fantastic wine list too, lots of SA reds,
coupled with a stunning view of the palm tree lined shore overlooking the Coral Sea,
if you don't get it on after this, then your relationship is stuffed :D :D
Will second that.
It’s our favourite in Palm Cove
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:38 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Good timing on the review Booney, a friend just sent us the cheaper 3 course dinner + wine for 2 voucher and normally I'd just throw these things away but sounds like it's worth using!

100% it is.

Finally used it. Yeah food is nice but even better they have Pirate Life South Coast Pale on tap, woohoo! 8)

PS Struggled to walk up to Grote St for the 2nd half of the night though, soooooo full!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:19 am

Saturday night ordered at 6:15 from our local Asian restaurant which is takeaway only as it is tiny. Personally hadn’t eaten there for years (no reason why) but my lad and his girlfriend have many times and it’s been there for over 25 years.

They said order will be ready at 7pm as it was a large order (4 mains, SF rice and a few entrees). I rock up and she say another 20 minutes, I live up the road so go home. Go back and she says, 10 minutes, I’m like WTF! At 7:50 it comes out so 1:35 from order time.

My dilemma, do I never go back or considering it was some of the tastiest most flavoursome food I’ve had forgive them?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:30 am

Brodlach wrote:Saturday night ordered at 6:15 from our local Asian restaurant which is takeaway only as it is tiny. Personally hadn’t eaten there for years (no reason why) but my lad and his girlfriend have many times and it’s been there for over 25 years.

They said order will be ready at 7pm as it was a large order (4 mains, SF rice and a few entrees). I rock up and she say another 20 minutes, I live up the road so go home. Go back and she says, 10 minutes, I’m like WTF! At 7:50 it comes out so 1:35 from order time.

My dilemma, do I never go back or considering it was some of the tastiest most flavoursome food I’ve had forgive them?

If the food is that good i would go back.....i would just make sure im prepared and would order at say 6 expecting dinner to be at 7:30pm.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:41 am

Brodlach wrote:Saturday night ordered at 6:15 from our local Asian restaurant which is takeaway only as it is tiny. Personally hadn’t eaten there for years (no reason why) but my lad and his girlfriend have many times and it’s been there for over 25 years.

Provide them with that feedback.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:42 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

She got feedback when I got the food.

When I walked in the first time she got me to pay then told me of the delay. Had I known it would be nearly an hour delay I would have canceled
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:46 am

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

She got feedback when I got the food.

When I walked in the first time she got me to pay then told me of the delay. Had I known it would be nearly an hour delay I would have canceled
Ok, well atleast there was some communication, not the whole truth. They never mention how bad the delay is in case people cancel

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Went to Spargo’s @ Prospect, I opened the door to let mum walk through then this suit fixated to his phone follows her in without acknowledgement so I politely said “thanks for letting me hold the door open for you”.

We both ordered the scotch fillet surf ‘n’ turf, mum got a cappuccino and I got a Coke Zero, funny enough the coffee was delivered and then two minutes later I get a can of Coke Zero and a straw….naturally I ask for a glass.

Both steaks were well done and a bit chewy, I got halfway through and then took it up to the counter and asked if they could explain what part is medium rare?

To their credit they remade my meal in a quarter of the time as the initial order and my steak was twice the size as the first one and cooked to perfection.

The place was superb last time I was there, seemed a bit lacklustre this time round, no rating but pleased that they fixed it up, for $42 you expect a decent steak.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:33 pm

"Spargo's at Prospect."

That's Anne's place, isn't it?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:31 am

@whufc

Would you believe that just over an hour-and-a-half drive away from Adelaide is the world’s best restaurant of 2023?

Well, believe it, as the iconic Watervale Hotel in the Clare Valley wine region has just taken home the title.

The hotel was named ‘Best Culinary Experience’ in the world by LUXlife Magazine’s Travel and Tourism Awards 2023 as well as awarded ‘Best Hotel Restaurant of the Year’ in the global Corporate Livewire awards.

“It’s (Corporate Liveware) a publication that amoungst other things recognises innovation and excellence across between 600 and 700 categories on a global basis,” Watervale Hotel owner Warrick Duthy said.

“The feedback we had was that the food’s great, the ambience is great, service is great, what have you, but what they basically said what you’re doing is unique in the world. It’s innovative.”

Mr Duthy said if people do have a bucket list, look no futher than visiting the hotel.

“We’re on Adelaide’s doorstep, when people are thinking about bucket list experiences they don’t necessarily have to travel to the other side of the world, all they have to do is jump in the car for an hour and a half,” he said.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... e3728eee13
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion