HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:45 am

Dutchy wrote:
Toto wrote:
Ironbank v Echunga for the battle of the spoon! I think Ironbank win this at home. Echunga very disappointing this year, I’d imagine they have 2 div 2 clubs nipping at their heals for their spot that would be more competitive.

Maybe consider the club that just came up to Div 1 and got rolled in both senior grades today.

Was a pretty tough game to watch. Neither side would get particularly close to Gums or meadows having seen them last year.

Ironbank knew this year was going to be tough but hopefully they can get a few more Bridgey lads back next year and keep recruiting. Unfortunately at the minute it's the weakest side they would have put out since there the mid 2000s. Our Div 2 sides of the past 6 years would comfortably beat this side.

The key will be retained recruits each year around the core group of young guys coming through. We always had the issue when we were in Div 1 last time we would recruit blokes for 1 year and they would leave and it was a never ending cycle. If you could do what uraidla have done for years and keep recruits it makes a big difference around your locals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:34 pm

https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1342 ... 26m8189686

21.50, how is this not a report? would be 3 weeks down the hill
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2327 times
Been liked: 3513 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p134273c556126m8189686

21.50, how is this not a report? would be 3 weeks down the hill

Agreed should be a few weeks. Like to think we have evolved from just thinking dumping blokes on there head is ok.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Toto » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:44 pm

No real surprises in the results…

Hahndorf over Lofty comfortably enough in what I’d imagine were pretty bad conditions at heathfield.
Barker over Lobey (premiers to 8th…)
URI over Blackwood, again assuming conditions weren’t great at windy hill.
Onkas smacked Ironbank, O’Brien BOG again which is ominous for everyone else.
Nairne smacked Echunga again.

Nairne v Lofty very interesting this week. Think they’ll both stay 2 & 3 anyway.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:50 pm

MEDIA RELEASE: Hills Football League Inc.

2023 Grand Final Venues and Summit Sports Park venue:
The Hills Football League is pleased to announce the confirmed venues for the Division 1 and Country Division Grand Finals for Season 2023.
The venues are:
Division 1 Grand Finals: Lobethal Oval hosted by the Lobethal Football Club
Country Division Grand Finals: Kersbrook Oval (Kersbrook Soldiers Memorial Park) hosted by the Kersbrook Football Club.
We believe that these clubs will provide two outstanding days of country football at its finest and that the many excellent and dedicated volunteers will ensure a memorable experience for players, officials, media and spectators alike. We thank all clubs who sent in submissions to host these two significant events on the community calendar.
Questions were asked last year and no doubt will be again this year as to why these games could not be held at the Summit Sports Park Oval and we would like to address those directly. One of the key reasons is that there is very little lasting infrastructure remaining, due to the ‘bump in’ and ‘bump out’ nature of the AFL Gather Round fixture. The cost prohibitive nature of a club seeking to host local matches and grand finals at such a venue is significant. We do acknowledge the outstanding playing surface and base facilities that have been provided at the Summit, however there are major reasons as to why this venue is not a viable alternative to hosting these games at dedicated club facilities such as Lobethal and Kersbrook.
The Hills Football League recently informed the Mount Barker District Council of the difficulties in utilising the Summit Sports Park Oval to host major matches and/or Grand Finals. The league outlined several major issues including:
-The lack of permanent or even temporary fencing, enabling the ground to be closed off completely for an event.
-The need to restrict entry to a maximum of two entry points so admission to any event can be controlled for authorised entry and to ensure admission is paid on entry.
It was pointed out that these conditions were a league requirement for any finals venue to be considered and at this point in time we have not received any proposal from the Mount Barker council in terms of how this might be addressed. The Hills Football League relies heavily on the ability to charge a modest admission fee to finals matches which is used to cover many of the costs associated with running the events with any surplus forming part of the annual general revenue which allows the league to operate from a base of financial security and certainty.
Additionally, the Mount Barker Football Club has been seeking sustainable ways to utilise this facility and to date they have made significant capital contributions towards upgrading the kitchen and interior facilities. These works were required in order for them to be able to host a full game day experience including BBQ, prepared meals, bar facilities and spaces for patrons to participate in a day of country football matches.
No contribution or financial relief from usage fees has been received from the council to assist in this process and this has made the situation untenable for the club on any permanent basis, as the return from a game day is minimal to break even at best. All HFL Clubs rely on home games to generate enough revenue to run multiple football programs from Auskick and Modified rules teams through to Junior and Senior Colts. This is in addition of course to Senior Football Teams across multiple grades in Men’s and Women’s football. The inability to promote awareness of sponsors and to truly create a ‘Home Game’ experience, has directly led to a decrease in sponsorship revenues and activity on which the HFL and clubs rely on for their continued viability and future success.
The league was initially excited to have this development in the region, however ongoing usage fees, licence arrangements, facility issues, liquor licensing issues and the inability to use this facility for premier matches within the season and at finals time, has rendered it as an unviable venue choice. To date the council has not been responsive to the needs of the Hills Football League or the Mount Barker Football Club. It would be a great shame that in one of the fastest growing areas in the state, that there was a facility that could not be utilised to its full potential due to an unwillingness to hear the concerns of the Hills Football League and the football community generally. As it stands, we cannot foresee any way, without meaningful dialogue and engagement, that Summit Sports Park Oval will be a viable facility for use by any of the clubs in the Hills Football League for the foreseeable future. The Summit Sports Park Oval has been excluded as a venue for the 2023 Hills Football League Grand Final matches.

For comment or clarification, please contact Joanne Purdie, President, Hills Football League Inc.
Email: hflincpresident@gmail.com
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 pm

So who decided the Summit wasnt suitable? The illustrious leader of the HFL, the board and/or the clubs?

A total copout to blame others for not working a solution.

Yes theres work to do, but to throw your toys out cot and blame others is not going to get anyone anywhere.

Disgraceful and disgusting that in all likelihood the best surface is not going to be used for the Grand Final.

It would be interesting to know what discussions and proposals there were to make it work.

No offence to Kersbrook or Lobey, they have terrific grounds and Im sure will do a fine job. But … the best ground is where it should be held.

A nice touch for the HFL to disable Facebook comments so noone can question them.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:43 pm

Sounds like they sent an email to the council, got no reply and have thrown the toys out of the cot, how about meeting with them and working through the issues? There is only one loser here and its not the council.

I can see Sturt jumping in here and signing a long term lease to use it as a Junior/SANFLW ground.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2327 times
Been liked: 3513 times

Postby Toto » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:46 am

GF to be held at Lobethal and not the Summit. For once I actually commend the league office for its transparency and explanation as to why, it makes total sense to anyone that has been there. What I cannot believe is the absolute lack of responsibility by the Mount Barker council to invest in it to get it up to scratch for such events. It’s absolute disgrace to do it so half arsed. It would be great to see the SANFL and AFL step in to help. Will Mount Barker return to Howard lane? I would.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby My2cents » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:32 pm

A sad, sad & sorry day, two weeks out of three for my Devs. Showing that it’s now a 2-horse race.
Last edited by My2cents on Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My2cents
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Toto » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:48 pm

Just seen the score mate… Wasnt expecting that, lucky Nairne were inaccurate… Puts Lofty in the fight for the double chance with both Onkas and Uraidla.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby My2cents » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:51 pm

Toto wrote:Just seen the score mate… Wasnt expecting that, lucky Nairne were inaccurate… Puts Lofty in the fight for the double chance with both Onkas and Uraidla.

Yup. And those two teams appear to be more threatening atm. Looks like another lost season.
My2cents
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Toto » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:13 pm

Nairne good then?

Lofty still a good side IMO.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby caleb777 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:42 pm

Little bit interesting there has been zero chat about the Hahndorf player getting 10 games for a behind the back hit on a Lofty player. Got 3 games and then HFL upped it to 10? Anyone have any idea as to why it was upped from 3 to 10? Thats a huge penalty!
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby caleb777 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:42 pm

Little bit interesting there has been zero chat about the Hahndorf player getting 10 games for a behind the back hit on a Lofty player. Got 3 games and then HFL upped it to 10? Anyone have any idea as to why it was upped from 3 to 10? Thats a huge penalty!
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:30 am

caleb777 wrote:Little bit interesting there has been zero chat about the Hahndorf player getting 10 games for a behind the back hit on a Lofty player. Got 3 games and then HFL upped it to 10? Anyone have any idea as to why it was upped from 3 to 10? Thats a huge penalty!

You don't see anything on the footage, and It doesn't appear to be reported on ground? I'm wondering how the report was made, and from 3-10 games, must have been some very compelling evidence. I remember a couple years ago, there was a case in River Murray league where a supporter actually got banned for taking his/her own footage that was then used to support a striking charge, it was all over the news because Kane Cornes defended one of the players from memory. The supporter got more games then the player who offended. In this case I wonder if it was all eye witness testimony?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Toto » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:53 am

2 big games to shape the 5 this week in what’s been a pretty predictable season from about round 3 with the top 5 being 10+ goals better than the rest.
I think Uraidla beat lofty who’ll lose their 4th on the trot and could let the double chance slip!
Onkas can push their name forward for that spot with a win over Nairne and adversely the rams can stitch up second spot.

Dorf will be in cruise control and I’d imagine will win by 20 goal. Barker by 15+ goal and I think Blackwood just over Lobey to keep the tiniest hood alive of a top 5 spot (I think?).
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Toto » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:23 am

Lofty proved me wrong and put one hand on third spot to break a game clear of Onkas and Uraidla!
Nairne locked away second spot with another demo job.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Rams52 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:43 am

Hahndorf rolling along nicely heading toward finals…..
Rams52
Under 16s

Has liked: 41 times
Grassroots Team: Nairne-Bremer

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:15 am

Rams52 wrote:Image

Disappointing for Ironbank, after pushing them in their first encounter. I think they have just faced Hahndorf at the wrong time with them getting some momentum. But when you look at the U18s and U16s scores, they did over Hahndorf. Hope that they continue to look after this crop of up and coming players and retain them. Thats the key to being competitive and surviving in the country footy!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:59 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
Rams52 wrote:Image

Disappointing for Ironbank, after pushing them in their first encounter. I think they have just faced Hahndorf at the wrong time with them getting some momentum. But when you look at the U18s and U16s scores, they did over Hahndorf. Hope that they continue to look after this crop of up and coming players and retain them. Thats the key to being competitive and surviving in the country footy!

Was a positive day until the As with the 16s and 18s winning and the Bs being very competitive till the last quarter. Hahndorf are unbelievable to be honest but it was a very disappointing effort but hopefully something the young lads can learn from and remember for the future.
batmanbegins
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy