Round 4 Glenelg v Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 4 Glenelg v Norwood

Postby am Bays » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:52 pm

F*** Me Corey Bowen has absolutely slaughtered Mc Bean today when he has been end zone

3rd qtr Liam is goal side about to run onto the ball and gets held on to - Memo Corey when the fwd is goal side of the defender, the defender has only one option to hold on which is against the very objective of the preface of the Law book of Australian Football that the player making the ball his objective shall be given every opportunity to do so. Show some footy smarts Corey!

4th qtr 23 min mark Corey End zone, Liam on the lead on an undersized opponent behind all the way gets held play on, see preface of the law book.

2min later Liam in front tries to take the mark arm over the shoulder ball Gomes loose - play on

I’m a crap umpire I would be ashamed if that was me making those decisions
Last edited by am Bays on Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:55 pm

Another pathetic performance.
This mob ain’t playing finals and will do well to avoid the spoon. They are just horrible to watch too
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:Another pathetic performance.
This mob ain’t playing finals and will do well to avoid the spoon. They are just horrible to watch too

Port next week,
maybe 0 and 5?
Surely not!
Last edited by gazzamagoo on Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1661 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:16 pm

We have West ,Norwood play Port
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:18 pm

am Bays wrote:F*** Me Corey Bowen has absolutely slaughtered Mc Bean today when he has been end zone

3rd qtr Liam is goal side about to run onto the ball and gets held on to - Memo Corey when the fwd is goal side of the defender, the defender has only one option to hold on which is against the very objective of the preface of the Law book of Australian Football that the player making the ball his objective shall be given every opportunity to do so. Show some footy smarts Corey!

4th qtr 23 min mark Corey End zone, Liam on the lead on an undersized opponent behind all the way gets held play on, see preface of the law book.

2min later Liam in front tries to take the mark arm over the shoulder ball Gomes loose - play on

Was he the silver haired one? He ought to shave the lot off and be done with it; he umpires like a baldy. A disgrace to the game.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:Another pathetic performance.

Nah, they're just a little bit top heavy.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby am Bays » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Pseudo wrote:
am Bays wrote:F*** Me Corey Bowen has absolutely slaughtered Mc Bean today when he has been end zone

Was he the silver haired one? He ought to shave the lot off and be done with it; he umpires like a baldy. A disgrace to the game.

Yup
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby nwdfanparade » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:36 pm

MannyK wrote:Bays by how much.

Norwood to kick 5 to 8 goals :oops:

league.jpg
league.jpg (47.27 KiB) Viewed 1248 times

reserves.jpg
reserves.jpg (38.13 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 151 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:51 pm

All day, I’ve posted on here for years how inept Bowen is. The continuous holding of McBean was embarrassing.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5488 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stampy » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:54 pm

sat on the fence in front of "umbrella hill" where a lot of nwd supporters were congregated, fummee a bigger bunch of whingers i have never encountered at an sanfl game in over 50yrs, worse than the port fans in front of their grandstand back in the 80s

there was an unfortunate incident involving #13 for the bays and some norwood lad in the 2nd qtr, norwood player got knocked out, and the legs fans went crazy, calling our bloke a dirty dog, one bloke just repeated it over and over for 5min non stop and continued with his mates until about 20 min into the third, they were still at it so asked how binder was going, also told them it was a dog act, i was told to shut up amongst other things haha

my statement had the desired affect and they actually stfu until late in the last when the game was all over.

with the bays 30pts up they trotted out the 5 premiership line, can count them on one finger, blah blah blah, carriyng on no one cared what they were saying yet still they went on

monisfaw, you are a disgrace to your club imho, acted ike flogs from go to whoa
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Pseudo wrote:

the norwood flogs on umbrella hill wouldnt agree with ya, they were convinced they got the rough end of the pineapple!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:20 pm

stampy wrote:sat on the fence in front of "umbrella hill" where a lot of nwd supporters were congregated, fummee a bigger bunch of whingers i have never encountered at an sanfl game in over 50yrs, worse than the port fans in front of their grandstand back in the 80s

there was an unfortunate incident involving #13 for the bays and some norwood lad in the 2nd qtr, norwood player got knocked out, and the legs fans went crazy, calling our bloke a dirty dog, one bloke just repeated it over and over for 5min non stop and continued with his mates until about 20 min into the third, they were still at it so asked how binder was going, also told them it was a dog act, i was told to shut up amongst other things haha

my statement had the desired affect and they actually stfu until late in the last when the game was all over.

with the bays 30pts up they trotted out the 5 premiership line, can count them on one finger, blah blah blah, carriyng on no one cared what they were saying yet still they went on

monisfaw, you are a disgrace to your club imho, acted ike flogs from go to whoa

They complained all day about the umpiring, when you are 0-4 and clear bottom that is probably why.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:12 pm

southernbulldog wrote:We have West ,Norwood play Port

Oops!
All fixed.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1661 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Mon May 01, 2023 9:49 am

Norwood were very good yesterday in getting their defensive game up and running. Their tackling pressure and spread to to stop our switch which forced us to go down the line. You could see them starting to get their 2022 September mojo back.

They need to win 10 of their last 14 games to make finals and with 2x games against West, South, Port and dare I say Centrals they aren’t out of the running yet. There’s seven wins there. Just have to break even in their other six games.

Tall order I know but based on yesterday I’m not writing the perennial slow season starters off.
am Bays
Coach

Postby mal » Mon May 01, 2023 1:29 pm

I completely agree with the AMBAYS review
Much better performance by the legs, however 0-4 and a poor %= almost season over as far as making the finals
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1156 times
Been liked: 911 times

Postby bulldogproud » Mon May 01, 2023 4:41 pm

The return of Matt Panos next week will see Norwood back to 2022 form. Unluckily, we missed out on playing the Panos-less losing Legs.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby nwdfanparade » Mon May 01, 2023 4:52 pm

mal wrote:I completely agree with the AMBAYS review
Much better performance by the legs, however 0-4 and a poor %= almost season over as far as making the finals

I'll keep that in mind for reference later in the season.

p.s. In 1984 Norwood was 1W 3L at R4.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 151 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 pm

am Bays wrote:Bit of Delhi Spice on Oaklands Rd in this game…

Searle is in big trouble

Bays back in front as the rain clears

Binder from Norwood was rightly sledged for his dog act last week.

Think Searle is not that far behind :shock:

What player does something like that these days, could have broken his neck!

Would get 10-12 in ADFL, should get six, bet he gets four. Not often they get sent straight to tribunal :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 01, 2023 10:14 pm

Brady’s in Big trouble.

Looked bad live.

More importantly I hope the Norwood boy is OK.
am Bays
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon May 01, 2023 10:27 pm

am Bays wrote:Brady’s in Big trouble.

Looked bad live.

More importantly I hope the Norwood boy is OK.

He’ll cop his whack & rightfully so, he’s not a dirty player, Searle - he had a brain fade.
Read elsewhere Jack Saunders may have a fractured vertebrae, fingers crossed for him this isn’t the case.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5488 times
Been liked: 5126 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL