PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby auto » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Send Two Wells to LO2 and move Gepps Cross to LO1.

Also how did ATCO B manage to end up in LO1?
Luke Harris hasnt been playing and he is the difference between them being competitive or not imo.

ATCO B won LO2, Salisbury North begged to come back in pdca via LO2 instead of LO1 where they were originally placed.

Will take more than just Luke to bring them back to the pack, Sammy Harnas would be a fair help too.
Luke may play but i think not. Sammy, along with a bunch of other junior burgers not all that interested in cricket other than an odd game. What you see is what itll be.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:27 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Risers, Union, Warriors, Andrews Farm and Gepps Cross all want to play One dayers as well and with any new team, who knows what level of talent they have until they get going.

Yeah correct, but my gripe is Gepps Cross have openly declared this is a "one season" move until they get another turf ground sorted - so **** em, stick them in the top grade and let them sort it out.

Whilst lots of unknowns before the season, don't see why PDCA cant just re-grade sides if there are clear examples of teams being either too good or too weak for their grade.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:Risers, Union, Warriors, Andrews Farm and Gepps Cross all want to play One dayers as well and with any new team, who knows what level of talent they have until they get going.

Yeah correct, but my gripe is Gepps Cross have openly declared this is a "one season" move until they get another turf ground sorted - so **** em, stick them in the top grade and let them sort it out.

Whilst lots of unknowns before the season, don't see why PDCA cant just re-grade sides if there are clear examples of teams being either too good or too weak for their grade.

Not against the idea but how would you work the points system. If you are a clear example it probably means you have been belting teams and therfore collected a heap of points. Could you just go and jump up a grade and automatically sit top with a shitload of points. Would it be the average of the higher grades.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5590 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:

That would throw a spanner in the works for Eastern Park.

I think it has merit for the LO's though, could easily be doctored by sandbaggers though.

I'm not sure on the turf club rules in the PDCA, if their turf pitch is stuffed, can they go play hard wicket?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:51 pm

whufc wrote:Not against the idea but how would you work the points system. If you are a clear example it probably means you have been belting teams and therfore collected a heap of points. Could you just go and jump up a grade and automatically sit top with a shitload of points. Would it be the average of the higher grades.

Keep the points - same thing happens now when PDCA regrade divisions when teams join/drop out.

If you're re-grading after say 4 matches, then you've still got 75% of the season for the rest of the comp to even out. Sure you might sit pretty on top early days, but don't think it gives a massive advantage in the long run.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:That would throw a spanner in the works for Eastern Park.

I think it has merit for the LO's though, could easily be doctored by sandbaggers though.

I'm not sure on the turf club rules in the PDCA, if their turf pitch is stuffed, can they go play hard wicket?

Everything can and probably has been doctored by sandbaggers already.

Yes, you can move between turf & hard wicket.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Based on moving clubs now:

Gepps Cross would take 111.9 pts to LO1 - put them in 3rd position, 0.5pts ahead of Central United.
Two Wells would take 59.6pts to LO2 - put them in 6th position, 0.6pts ahead of Para Vista.
One Tree Hill B with 17.5 drop to LO3 and take the 'bye' - still sit last place. or:
Peninsula Pirates take 111.8pts from LO4 to LO3 and replace the 'bye'

Just an idea lol - not for this year of course.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Big risks in changing grades after a few rounds especially downgrading.. all of a sudden a couple blokes in other grades like the look of the new grade and slot themselves down or up accordingly.. nek minut they are dominating! Unfair to other sides.

You just can’t trust or blame blokes to not want to chase fast success!

Andrews Farm I also pegged for LO1 but they made a case about their player stocks and it was accepted they needed to start lower.

Eastern Park is a unique situation, and I have to say that huge props should be given to those players rocking up every week.

There was no way they could be allowed to drop grades after a G1 GF, recent history, a 5 side G1 and an unfair promotion for another G2 club , so they only had 2 choices given to them, pull pin completely, no mens side at all and forced to goto the clubs to be allowed to enter the Men’s competition again or suck it up and take their medicine just like Units did last year and get flogged every week but earn right to goto a Grade 2 or even a LO1 next year.

They backed in their club and chose to battle it out and I have every respect for them for choosing to do that! I would hope a couple blokes slot back in soon and that will make them a wee bit more competitive I would’ve thought.

Not ideal and what I have learnt with this league, nothing ever is.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:56 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Big risks in changing grades after a few rounds especially downgrading.. all of a sudden a couple blokes in other grades like the look of the new grade and slot themselves down or up accordingly.. nek minut they are dominating! Unfair to other sides.

You just can’t trust or blame blokes to not want to chase fast success!

Andrews Farm I also pegged for LO1 but they made a case about their player stocks and it was accepted they needed to start lower.

Eastern Park is a unique situation, and I have to say that huge props should be given to those players rocking up every week.

There was no way they could be allowed to drop grades after a G1 GF, recent history, a 5 side G1 and an unfair promotion for another G2 club , so they only had 2 choices given to them, pull pin completely, no mens side at all and forced to goto the clubs to be allowed to enter the Men’s competition again or suck it up and take their medicine just like Units did last year and get flogged every week but earn right to goto a Grade 2 or even a LO1 next year.

They backed in their club and chose to battle it out and I have every respect for them for choosing to do that! I would hope a couple blokes slot back in soon and that will make them a wee bit more competitive I would’ve thought.

Not ideal and what I have learnt with this league, nothing ever is.

Mate, you've gotta admire their spirit, there's 3 of them that I've spotted straight away that played majority of C grade last year (a team that was flogged all year), the averaged 7.9, 3.9 & 2.2 respectively, they are now fronting up in Grade 1, you've gotta love that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Anyone have any idea what the points structure is for the ladders in PlayHQ?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:Anyone have any idea what the points structure is for the ladders in PlayHQ?

Haven't looked at PDCA ladders but in ATCA they were having issues where PlayHQ was doubling and even tripling bonus points.

It would be correct in the one day ladder, and the two day ladder, but when combining them, it would bring over the total points (which already included bonus points), plus the bonus points.

Where teams had a bye, for whatever reason it was then bringing the bonus points over a third time.

It was creating a lot of funny ladders. People were freaking out, rather than just waiting for the obvious error to be corrected in time.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PDCA

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Anyone have any idea what the points structure is for the ladders in PlayHQ?
The points system has not changed in PDCA, but there is definitely some issues trying to get PLAY HQ to understand how we roll. I also have no idea what the hell a ‘Quota’ is and why its in there.

For those playing at home its
6 - Innings Win
6 - 2 Day Outright Win
.2 - per wicket taken
.01 - per run made
Bonus
2 - Chase total under 20overs
1 - Chase total under 30overs
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:08 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
The points system has not changed in PDCA, but there is definitely some issues trying to get PLAY HQ to understand how we roll. I also have no idea what the hell a ‘Quota’ is and why its in there.

For those playing at home its
6 - Innings Win
6 - 2 Day Outright Win
.2 - per wicket taken
.01 - per run made
Bonus
2 - Chase total under 20overs
1 - Chase total under 30overs

Yes, that's how I've always perceived it (except 12 for an outright win)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:22 pm

I know the PDCA points structure, just trying to make sense of the PlayHQ setup :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Yes, that's how I've always perceived it (except 12 for an outright win)

6pts for each innings won.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:I know the PDCA points structure, just trying to make sense of the PlayHQ setup :lol:
Posted for the non PDCA viewers who may be interested, or like half my teammates who wouldn’t have a clue haha.

Curious to know if other comps do points differently..
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:38 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I know the PDCA points structure, just trying to make sense of the PlayHQ setup :lol:
Posted for the non PDCA viewers who may be interested, or like half my teammates who wouldn’t have a clue haha.

Curious to know if other comps do points differently..

Country leagues player mainly just one day comps and it’s identical to footy with a win being 2 or 4 points, zero for a loss and no bonus points.

Kind of works up here because there can be huge gaps between the good and bad teams, means you just try and get the W not destroy teams. We can give everyone a go a bit more without worrying about getting a big score or cashing in against EP like SW did

If the result is beyond doubt up here most teams resort to giving the kids a bowl etc
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5590 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:36 am

whufc wrote:We can give everyone a go a bit more without worrying about getting a big score or cashing in against EP like SW did

If the result is beyond doubt up here most teams resort to giving the kids a bowl etc

This is what it should be about.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:We can give everyone a go a bit more without worrying about getting a big score or cashing in against EP like SW did

This is what it should be about.

Might work up there in Wandin Valley but this is Grade 1, round 1.

Westies would get bored winning the Grade 1 premiership, you can't blame them for a chance to score a double ton or a total in the history books.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:12 pm

I was more thinking lower LO grades
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps