Best wishes Mattee
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:12 pm

MatteeG wrote:Father in law losing his cancer battle yesterday.

I often was at loggerheads with him (especially the early days) but he was always supportive of us and a great Dad to Mrs G/excellent 'Poppy' to our 2 kids.

Thoughts with you and the family mate, terrible way to go. :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:05 am

Best wishes.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:34 am

I often was at loggerheads with him (especially the early days) but he was always supportive of us and a great Dad to Mrs G/excellent 'Poppy' to our 2 kids.

I'm sorry to hear that sir, terrible news.

Also incredibly sad to hear that another fellow poster on here Failed Creation unfortunately lost his father yesterday also in similar circumstances. :(

My love and thoughts you both families x
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:07 pm

Condolences to the G and FC families, thoughts are with you both.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:40 pm

Sorry to read that FC, genuinely one of the great blokes on here.

All the best to FC and the family
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:15 pm

Booney wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:When I was there and viewing it from the outside looking in, the counsellors would talk amongst themselves about cases and realise there was nothing they could do because the Departments' strategy was to keep the kids with the parents/step parents (nearly) at all costs.

And keep the siblings together, further complicating a family with 6 children and how to house them appropriately if removed from their parents* care.
This is a story that is particularly difficult for Mrs Jase and I....

The girls that we foster have been with us for 4 and a half years now and they were removed from what seems to be a very similar situation... thankfully intervention occurred before there was a loss of life but with the somewhat limited knowledge of their situation, if things had continued on the same way then I'm convinced that one of the kids would have passed away.

There were 8 children and the youngest 5 were taken into care...

Seeing heat has happened to this little girl just goes to show how lucky our girls and the others remove were.

Just tragic, I do feel for the DCP workers as well, they have an ever expanding case load and limited numbers of staff who can stay in their roles for any length of time, the burn out levels and emotional damage levels of the support workers is enormous..

The world sucks and drugs are, excuse me, f*cking evil...

:(

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Jase wrote:
Booney wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:When I was there and viewing it from the outside looking in, the counsellors would talk amongst themselves about cases and realise there was nothing they could do because the Departments' strategy was to keep the kids with the parents/step parents (nearly) at all costs.

And keep the siblings together, further complicating a family with 6 children and how to house them appropriately if removed from their parents* care.

The girls that we foster have been with us for 4 and a half years now and they were removed from what seems to be a very similar situation... thankfully intervention occurred before there was a loss of life but with the somewhat limited knowledge of their situation, if things had continued on the same way then I'm convinced that one of the kids would have passed away.

Seeing heat has happened to this little girl just goes to show how lucky our girls and the others remove were.

Just tragic, I do feel for the DCP workers as well, they have an ever expanding case load and limited numbers of staff who can stay in their roles for any length of time, the burn out levels and emotional damage levels of the support workers is enormous..

Wow, 4 1/2 years, doesn't seem that long ago mate. I can tell you my admiration for you and Mrs Jase hasn't changed in that time, it's a very noble thing you are doing. How are the girls, they doing well?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:41 pm

Thanks mate... its been as equally awesome as frustrating...

Considering what they went through prior, they are surprisingly well adjusted...

Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Also incredibly sad to hear that another fellow poster on here Failed Creation unfortunately lost his father yesterday also in similar circumstances. :(

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Condolences to the G and FC families, thoughts are with you both.

Brodlach wrote:Sorry to read that FC, genuinely one of the great blokes on here.

Thanks for the wishes, lads.

It's been a ******* whirlwind, that's for sure.

Dad was initially diagnosed with liver cancer on June 19th, and by Friday of the following week, the doctors declared it terminal.

I'm thankful for the time we had with him towards the end; I know others aren't so lucky.

If his motorbike accident in March 2020 had taken him, I think I'd have been worse off, with a lot of unresolved feelings and things left unsaid. We weren't on bad terms, we were just never really that close. We were at our closest at the end, and I take comfort in that.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:12 pm

Man that's tough FC, condolences
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:57 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Condolences to the G and FC families, thoughts are with you both.

Brodlach wrote:Sorry to read that FC, genuinely one of the great blokes on here.

Thanks for the wishes, lads.

It's been a ******* whirlwind, that's for sure.

Dad was initially diagnosed with liver cancer on June 19th, and by Friday of the following week, the doctors declared it terminal.

I'm thankful for the time we had with him towards the end; I know others aren't so lucky.

If his motorbike accident in March 2020 had taken him, I think I'd have been worse off, with a lot of unresolved feelings and things left unsaid. We weren't on bad terms, we were just never really that close. We were at our closest at the end, and I take comfort in that.

I'm genuinely sad and sorry to read about your loss FC, I know from my experience with my dad and his battle with pancreatic cancer that the deterioration just happens so f**king quickly and your dads was so much quicker than that.

Condolences to you and to Mattee G aswell.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby locky801 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:55 pm

Another massive crash at the bottom of the Freeway, doesnt look good at all

Needs to be an alternate route for heavy vehicles or this carnage will continue :( :(
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:07 pm

locky801 wrote:Another massive crash at the bottom of the Freeway, doesnt look good at all

Needs to be an alternate route for heavy vehicles or this carnage will continue :( :(

I've mentioned it multiple times, when coming to Adelaide from the east, trucks divert from Murray Bridge to Truro, make the road wider through to Truro, then divert around Truro, the road after that is double lane all the way to Port Adelaide, where most of the semis are heading in the first place.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:13 pm

Cheers everyone, and condolences FC. Certainly a tough thing seeing loved ones fade away.

Like you FC, at least everyone was able to say what they needed, he knew he was loved.

Makes me determined to get in more regular contact with my old man, like you I'm not as close with him as I should be,
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:41 pm

MatteeG wrote:Cheers everyone, and condolences FC. Certainly a tough thing seeing loved ones fade away.

Like you FC, at least everyone was able to say what they needed, he knew he was loved.

Makes me determined to get in more regular contact with my old man, like you I'm not as close with him as I should be,

Condolences to you too, mate.

It's definitely difficult, but hopefully your loved ones are getting around you a bit.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:11 am

Jase wrote:
Booney wrote:

And ^ is the reason foster parents get frustrated with the system. As soon as the biological parents get their act together and 'prove' to the Dept that they can support their kids, the kids get removed from foster care and sent back to their biological parents which would be traumatic for them. Little thought is given to the kids having to transition back to a situation that is less than acceptable (in my mind) and more about the parents who didn't deserve the right to bring their kids up in the first place.

The issue then becomes, the foster parents (ie, you) move on to foster someone else. If the kids you previously fostered need fostering again, they have to go to another family, upsetting their stability and continuity.

Hence the vicious cycle continues.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:38 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Jase wrote:
Booney wrote:

And ^ is the reason foster parents get frustrated with the system. As soon as the biological parents get their act together and 'prove' to the Dept that they can support their kids, the kids get removed from foster care and sent back to their biological parents which would be traumatic for them. Little thought is given to the kids having to transition back to a situation that is less than acceptable (in my mind) and more about the parents who didn't deserve the right to bring their kids up in the first place.

The issue then becomes, the foster parents (ie, you) move on to foster someone else. If the kids you previously fostered need fostering again, they have to go to another family, upsetting their stability and continuity.

Hence the vicious cycle continues.

The girls are currently still Guardian's of the minister, however we are currently in the Looooooong process of us actually taking over Guardianship of the girls..
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Kahuna » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:33 pm

Jase wrote:The girls are currently still Guardian's of the minister, however we are currently in the Looooooong process of us actually taking over Guardianship of the girls..

All the best with this Jase, you and your Mrs must have very big hearts.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:42 am

Feel like a real shit person today.

Sunday was my dads birthday - he was going to come over after I finished Junior Footy. Messaged him a few times saying we were home.. then he was messaging back asking if we were home which was annoying.

Then he started sending some incoherent texts that made no sense, and one ended up saying something along the lines of killing himself.. I replied about snapping out of it and come over we have dinner for him.. then just got a stack of texts that were blank or had ".." or scrambled letters.

I thought he was drunk, thought stuff it i'll leave it he's probably emotional it's his birthday and he's alone.

My partner just went around his place to drop some food and stuff off - turns out he had a stroke Sunday and has been in hospital most of the week, and looks like crap. :shock:

Guess the upside is he's still alive and kicking - would've been real shit to find out he'd kicked the bucket on his birthday and I had just decided to ignore him thinking he was drunk.
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion