North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Overall feeling is still disappointment, think Noble would have got it right in time - unless we have a Clarko or Simpson coming in then I see no reason why we had to move right now, could have been a call made in 6 weeks
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm

Booney wrote:I see nothing to gain sacking a coach mid year. It's a sign the club has lost it's way and lost the belief it had in everything they put in place over the summer and weeks leading up to the sacking. Its a bad look IMO.

If there’s a good time of year to sack a coach…… it isn’t mid year
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:22 pm

It screams panic and no faith in your plan. Noble shouldn't be the only one who pays the price for this
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:55 pm

478 days of hard work down the drain.

Rhyce Shaw was smart to get out when he did and I'm sure deep down Noble would be relieved to be out of the place.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Can’t help but feel the JHF decision is what has caused this

Only reason you would get rid of a coach now is if coach and football department dont share the same vision for the rest for the year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:45 pm

whufc wrote:Can’t help but feel the JHF decision is what has caused this

Only reason you would get rid of a coach now is if coach and football department dont share the same vision for the rest for the year.

That's my thought as well.
Was it the coach or did match committee make that call.
Surely if noble said he's playing in the ones then match committee would give him the OK.
Or was it match committee that wanted him in the 2's and they got their way.

The coach has the final say I would've thought so that's on Noble.
Either way I get the feeling the tail is wagging the dog at North.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:22 pm

tigerpie wrote:I'm sure deep down Noble would be relieved to be out of the place.

Totally incorrect.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby locky801 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:Dr Sonja Hood - hot or not?

pass
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:Overall feeling is still disappointment, think Noble would have got it right in time - unless we have a Clarko or Simpson coming in then I see no reason why we had to move right now, could have been a call made in 6 weeks

Good move from North. Noble is no good as a coach.

You’ll find plenty of candidates that will deliver better results. Experienced at senior level or not.

Noble can talk the talk but I’m not surprised he couldn’t walk the walk. How many coaches presentations would he have seen and judged in his previous roles in football.

He was in over his head and due to his extensive experience in the Industry realised it imho
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:32 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Overall feeling is still disappointment, think Noble would have got it right in time - unless we have a Clarko or Simpson coming in then I see no reason why we had to move right now, could have been a call made in 6 weeks

You’ll find plenty of candidates that will deliver better results. Experienced at senior level or not.

Noble can talk the talk but I’m not surprised he couldn’t walk the walk. How many coaches presentations would he have seen and judged in his previous roles in football.

He was in over his head and due to his extensive experience in the Industry realised it imho

Bit harsh. Given how hard North culled their squad a few years ago, I'd be prepared to give Rhys Shaw and David Noble a second chance. Not many first time coaches have succeeded with rebuilds. It will be interesting to see how the playing group responds.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:51 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Bit harsh. Given how hard North culled their squad a few years ago, I'd be prepared to give Rhys Shaw and David Noble a second chance. Not many first time coaches have succeeded with rebuilds. It will be interesting to see how the playing group responds.

Thompson Hardwick Goodwin Roos Clarkson Beveridge all first time coaches during a rebuild and won premierships
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:04 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Afl coaching is a brutal business lbh.

Happy to wager both Shaw and noble will never be a senior afl coach again.

Plenty of experienced successful candidates available.

Harsh but a good decision .

Noble was simply a poor choice for the role imho.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:09 am

Spargo wrote:
tigerpie wrote:I'm sure deep down Noble would be relieved to be out of the place.

Totally incorrect.

Really?
Takes an extremely tough person to have all that scrutiny from every journo looking for a scoop.
He's aged 10 years in 20 months.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:32 am

UK Fan wrote:
Afl coaching is a brutal business lbh.

Happy to wager both Shaw and noble will never be a senior afl coach again.

Plenty of experienced successful candidates available.

Harsh but a good decision .

Noble was simply a poor choice for the role imho.

Remembering he was targeted by North to 'do a Fagan'. So I'm not sure it was a bad choice, as the premise of having a senior coach (this one had experience coaching his own side) was a good one. Just didn't work for multiple reasons, some of them his no doubt, some or most of the reasons would be North's doing.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby MW » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 am

If you are only going to give him 38 games to prove himself with a team of buckled wheels and kids, why bother.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby carey » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:57 am

The Bedge wrote:Dr Sonja Hood - hot or not?

Done worse.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:34 am

MW wrote:If you are only going to give him 38 games to prove himself with a team of buckled wheels and kids, why bother.

Agree which makes me think....1 of 2 things has happened which is why we are seeing a mid season sacking.

1. The vision that the coach and football department would have shared at the start of the year is no longer the journey one of the parties wants to go on and neither are willing to compromise.

2. What Noble promised he would do in his interview/hiring process is not what he is delivering. Probably more from a coaching and development point of view rather than results.

It didn't really seem like he had lost the players which you do see often before a sacking...seems this more a coach/admin issue.
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am

whufc wrote:
MW wrote:If you are only going to give him 38 games to prove himself with a team of buckled wheels and kids, why bother.

Agree which makes me think....1 of 2 things has happened which is why we are seeing a mid season sacking.

1. The vision that the coach and football department would have shared at the start of the year is no longer the journey one of the parties wants to go on and neither are willing to compromise.

2. What Noble promised he would do in his interview/hiring process is not what he is delivering. Probably more from a coaching and development point of view rather than results.

It didn't really seem like he had lost the players which you do see often before a sacking...seems this more a coach/admin issue.

Given the presser, it does seem like the admin and Noble were on different paths.
I'm also not completely sold on the fact of the KPI'S were simple results based focus. Sometimes teams do go backwards before going forward.

I did think David King actually made a good point which is relevant I believe for all clubs.
If in the situation the Roos are in, if they had of come out and said it's a 4-5yr rebuilding plan the fans will go along with it.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:27 am

Always amazes me, senior coach gets sacked and one of his assistants is bought in as a caretaker coach.

surely the assistants are part of the problem as well :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:30 pm

locky801 wrote:Always amazes me, senior coach gets sacked and one of his assistants is bought in as a caretaker coach.

surely the assistants are part of the problem as well :roll:

Depends on what the problems is I suppose. If Noble had 'lost' the players because he was giving them too many sprays or some rubbish than the assistant might be a better personality fit for the group. Or if the problem was Noble refused to play JHF and admin feel that will result in them losing JHF then its an easy fix for the assistant.

I'm also going to guess that the assistants at times have a much closer bond with the players due to them working closer to the ground.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL