North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm

DOC wrote:Knowing Hornett I can not see him staying in Melbourne a minute longer than he has to. That said, he will/may change his outlook on life as he ages but I have never seen a more committed young man to his family than him.

The telling off for seeing his mother on mothers day was probably the stupidest thing ever said to a player. It showed a complete lack of understanding and in fact they should have got on the front foot and organised it. If you don't think it was a big deal to him ask yourself how the media got it. Money and captaincy will probably not change that.

Port in box seat.

I no was under the impression the club were fully aware he was returning the Adelaide for Mother’s Day & there was no “telling off” whatsoever.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm

Spargo wrote:I would dare say future captain would have been mentioned as a real possibility when we told him we were going to select him at pick 1.
With Ziebell in the twilight of his career it seems like natural progression if he’s committed to the club.
Nothing to do with bribery whatsoever.

Well that would buck the trend of every AFL clubs leadership model, so much for earning the respect of your peers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Knowing Hornett I can not see him staying in Melbourne a minute longer than he has to. That said, he will/may change his outlook on life as he ages but I have never seen a more committed young man to his family than him.

The telling off for seeing his mother on mothers day was probably the stupidest thing ever said to a player. It showed a complete lack of understanding and in fact they should have got on the front foot and organised it. If you don't think it was a big deal to him ask yourself how the media got it. Money and captaincy will probably not change that.

Port in box seat.

I no was under the impression the club were fully aware he was returning the Adelaide for Mother’s Day & there was no “telling off” whatsoever.

?

If they were aware this would never have been a story. He was told off by Daniel McPherson. As I understand it he is the reason for the three resignations in the last two weeks as well.

Clubs do need to know where the players are (ASDA testing, etc).
Last edited by DOC on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:59 pm

DOC wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Port in box seat.

?

If they were aware this would never have been a story. He was told off like a naughty school boy.

Says who? A media report?

Spargo
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:01 pm

No.
DOC
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:05 pm

DOC wrote:No.

You need to put up or shut up, even his agent said it was a non event.

Spargo
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Spargo you posted that you thought NM were aware he had gone to Adelaide. Clearly not the case.

You also posted that you thought no telling off was involved. I am saying there was.

His agent (Ben Williams) said “He was given a weekend off and he went home for Mother’s Day. I don’t even know why this is a story.” Thats not pointed at the player. That's pointed at the club and the probably the media.
DOC
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:55 pm

It was a story as simply he did not advise the club where he was as they need to record where he is to the drug testers, that's it, part of the education for any young draftee, they had no issue with him going to Adelaide to see his family.

Hows Footy classified's lead story last night being the fact he likes a social media post and everyone falling for it....just :oops:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:59 pm

When you're out of contract is the best time to like posts about you being traded, that's true.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:It was a story as simply he did not advise the club where he was as they need to record where he is to the drug testers, that's it, part of the education for any young draftee, they had no issue with him going to Adelaide to see his family.

Hows Footy classified's lead story last night being the fact he likes a social media post and everyone falling for it....just :oops:

Caro absolutely hates North
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby MW » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:It was a story as simply he did not advise the club where he was as they need to record where he is to the drug testers, that's it, part of the education for any young draftee, they had no issue with him going to Adelaide to see his family.

cmon mate...any player in the AFL likes a post that proposes a trade away from his own club is news
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:04 pm

MW wrote:

cmon mate...any player in the AFL likes a post that proposes a trade away from his own club is news

Titled FAKE TRADE - seeing we are reading into things that aren't there maybe he liked it because it was called FAKE?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Armchair expert wrote:

Eddie's book release cant come quick enough...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby MW » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Eddie's book release cant come quick enough...

You'll get off the front and back pages for 24 hours, enjoy that one day :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:42 pm

Armchair expert wrote:

I'm not sure if it's North or James Brayshaw or both. Bray was Chairman and she was telling them to go to the Gold Coast as it was a no-brainer. If you read the detail of the proposal, it was a no brainer NOT to go but that eluded her many times. They finished up not speaking to each other and Bray still despises her.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:00 pm

She was forced to apologise to JB and the club, which she rarely does - think that has made her hate us even more.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:52 am

Armchair expert wrote:

It was not her spat with Brayshaw that has lead to her having this beef still with North.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:53 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

I'm not sure if it's North or James Brayshaw or both. Bray was Chairman and she was telling them to go to the Gold Coast as it was a no-brainer. If you read the detail of the proposal, it was a no brainer NOT to go but that eluded her many times. They finished up not speaking to each other and Bray still despises her.
Ah right you beat me to the Brayshaw vs Caro connection.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:40 am

Nobody loves James Brayshaw more than James Brayshaw does, ask him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:54 am

Booney wrote:Nobody loves James Brayshaw more than James Brayshaw does, ask him.

His and triplem humour is certainly a love or hate type of thing.
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL