2%
Walkerville
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:40 am

Dutchy wrote:Agree - probably needs to be a state wide rule for all comps for consistency, could get really ugly getting close to finals

Especially as people's immunity from the last month or two starts to wear off and they can catch it for a second time.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:06 am

Dutchy wrote:Agree - probably needs to be a state wide rule for all comps for consistency, could get really ugly getting close to finals

Dream on.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:06 am

whufc wrote:

Especially as people's immunity from the last month or two starts to wear off and they can catch it for a second time.

Why? What the AdFL does isn't going to impact SFL or NEFL - you do you.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah its just interesting to see how different leagues approach it. Its a forum for discussion yeah...…….

My point more was that the covid situation might actually escalate more as we get nearer to finals due to a fair portion of the population having caught it in the last month. Possibly the second round to come near finals.
whufc
Coach

Postby Pag » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:17 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah its just interesting to see how different leagues approach it. Its a forum for discussion yeah...…….

My point more was that the covid situation might actually escalate more as we get nearer to finals due to a fair portion of the population having caught it in the last month. Possibly the second round to come near finals.

Hopefully all the close contact rules are scrapped sooner rather than later (today if possible), should alleviate at least some of the pressure in getting teams on the park.
Last edited by Pag on Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:17 am

whufc wrote:My point more was that the covid situation might actually escalate more as we get nearer to finals due to a fair portion of the population having caught it in the last month. Possibly the second round to come near finals.

I'm leaning more towards it escalating around mid-season - perhaps after June long weekend.

By finals perhaps most will be ok.. but I reckon when winter kicks in it and some of the rules relax it'll go mental.

Who knows, it's all guess work.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:25 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:My point more was that the covid situation might actually escalate more as we get nearer to finals due to a fair portion of the population having caught it in the last month. Possibly the second round to come near finals.

I'm leaning more towards it escalating around mid-season - perhaps after June long weekend.

By finals perhaps most will be ok.. but I reckon when winter kicks in it and some of the rules relax it'll go mental.

Absolutely....at least we know the close contact rule wont exist albeit that could result in more positive covid cases and more people missing games.

If I was a football director/coach this year I definitely would have been thinking depth was far more important than star power.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:38 pm

I would have thought a consistent approach across all leagues in the state 1/ takes out some confusion 2/ reduces the impost on each league in having to come up with and enforcing the rules all season long.

If a forfeit with no percentage loss is the rule, and last game can only get knocked out of the finals by a percentage loss and there are a few sniffles around the club - some may take this option.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Hector » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:06 pm

If only there were less games in the season, say 14, so there was some wriggle room to reschedule some matches if necessary. Might have alleviated some of this "confusion".

Pulteney have done the right thing, Hope Valley the unfortunate opponent. Won't be the last across the league either. But it's what clubs voted on, can't go blaming the league/other clubs when this situation was almost a certainty to occur which is why the league put it out to a vote.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby bubba love » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:23 pm

I’m hearing pultney couldn’t field 2 sides so just played the covid card, sounds like they’re battling to stay alive
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:21 pm

bubba love wrote:I’m hearing pultney couldn’t field 2 sides so just played the covid card, sounds like they’re battling to stay alive

This is pretty close to the mark. Crisis meetings held over the weekend. Things have fallen apart since the great man Bedge left and not just the BBQ.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:56 pm

bubba love wrote:I’m hearing pultney couldn’t field 2 sides so just played the covid card, sounds like they’re battling to stay alive

This was always going to happen with the silly forfeit rule.
whufc
Coach

Postby Password Please » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:44 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Absolutely....at least we know the close contact rule wont exist albeit that could result in more positive covid cases and more people missing games.

If I was a football director/coach this year I definitely would have been thinking depth was far more important than star power.

If the close contact rule gets scrapped then surely it's just play on, why not just play with Covid if you're able to.
Jesus, that's what we all got vaxed for.
Time to live with the stupid thing.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:41 am

whufc wrote:

Please explain?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:

Please explain?

Sharing the points was always going to create the ‘they could have played but chose to forfeit instead of play and lose’ speculation, allegations and potentially truths.

Even I heard from a couple of Pultney old scholars that ‘potentially’ it was more to do with lack of players rather than the Covid impact.

Whether it’s true or not I’m sure this type of discussion is going to go on all year because of the rule in place. Especially as we get closer to finals and points become ‘even more important’
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:28 pm

A grade was declared a forfeit and all points awarded to Hope Valley.

This is the shit that annoys me, so many posts on here that are uneducated or haven’t been fact checked.. just serves to do more damage to a clubs brand.

So your “silly forfeit rule” doesn’t exist.

As I’ve previously posted, the league are taking some pretty thorough measures to maintain the integrity of the comp and/or results impacted by covid.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:A grade was declared a forfeit and all points awarded to Hope Valley.

This is the shit that annoys me, so many posts on here that are uneducated or haven’t been fact checked.. just serves to do more damage to a clubs brand.

As I’ve previously posted, the league are taking some pretty thorough measures to maintain the integrity of the comp and/or results impacted by covid.

Too easy mate understand now.
whufc
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:A grade was declared a forfeit and all points awarded to Hope Valley.

No disrespect to any club... but a Div 4 club has a brand?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:17 am

Brand / Image / Reputation whatever you want to call it lol.. lot of the posts on here certainly aren’t helping peoples perception of the club, nor the clubs ability internally to work past this.

Especially disappointing given one poster is a former premiership coach, wouldn’t thought some decorum and privacy around their struggles would’ve been nice, instead of adding a dagger. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:31 am

The Bedge wrote:Brand / Image / Reputation whatever you want to call it lol.. lot of the posts on here certainly aren’t helping peoples perception of the club, nor the clubs ability internally to work past this.

Especially disappointing given one poster is a former premiership coach, wouldn’t thought some decorum and privacy around their struggles would’ve been nice, instead of adding a dagger. 8)

Once a navy blue always a navy blue
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League