COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:56 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s not about living in fear, the issue is being in the wrong place at the wrong time and each time that happens you’re in lockdown or sick for 7-10 days. If you’re self employed or someone that requires to be on the road for your job that’s a massive whack to cop.

It's still a fear, do you "not" go somewhere now because you don't deem it as a necessity? I find myself in that category, I have 3 or 4 places I frequent and that's about it.

If I got COVID and my movements were publicised, people would donate to me in sympathy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s not about living in fear, the issue is being in the wrong place at the wrong time and each time that happens you’re in lockdown or sick for 7-10 days. If you’re self employed or someone that requires to be on the road for your job that’s a massive whack to cop.

It's still a fear, do you "not" go somewhere now because you don't deem it as a necessity? I find myself in that category, I have 3 or 4 places I frequent and that's about it.

If I got COVID and my movements were publicised, people would donate to me in sympathy.

For me yes I try to avoid some places right now because of my home scenario with our 8 week old, however if I do go somewhere I think about minimising the risks. If the rules around close contacts changed I’d suspect we would see people relax a little however with SA now having the lowest rate of reported Covid cases per capita in the country that’s not changing any time soon.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:06 am

I've started planning my life around what's important that's happening in the next 14 days.

If i've got something on that would have particular ramifications to miss, I'm a hermit, if not I'd kind of like to catch it and get it out of the way for a little while (I realise I can re-catch it).

I was actually upset I didn't get it in early January. The Sydney/Hobart Tests would make for great home arrest times.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
For me yes I try to avoid some places right now because of my home scenario with our 8 week old, however if I do go somewhere I think about minimising the risks. If the rules around close contacts changed I’d suspect we would see people relax a little however with SA now having the lowest rate of reported Covid cases per capita in the country that’s not changing any time soon.

That is the hidden fear in any middle aged male I think, I don't give a toss about me getting it, I do see my mum once a week though and I'd hate to be responsible for making her crook.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am

jo172 wrote:I've started planning my life around what's important that's happening in the next 14 days.

If i've got something on that would have particular ramifications to miss, I'm a hermit, if not I'd kind of like to catch it and get it out of the way for a little while (I realise I can re-catch it).

I was actually upset I didn't get it in early January. The Sydney/Hobart Tests would make for great home arrest times.

That's the point, we do sweet FA leading up to an event that we're looking forward to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
jo172 wrote:I've started planning my life around what's important that's happening in the next 14 days.

That's the point, we do sweet FA leading up to an event that we're looking forward to.

I've got a job commencing 14 February that will be responsible for a large portion of my annual income.

My wife's best friend is getting married in Sydney on the 12th. Running this particular gauntlet is keeping me up at night.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:32 am

I agree LM it’s not necessarily me that I’m worried about and I’m going to get it at some stage. I also start my new business from next week so there’s the caution around that also. I can understand people’s apprehension if they need the income and can’t do it from home. That’s a lot of money to be out of pocket each time you’re in iso.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:57 am

jo172 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I've got a job commencing 14 February that will be responsible for a large portion of my annual income.

My wife's best friend is getting married in Sydney on the 12th. Running this particular gauntlet is keeping me up at night.

Are these two comments related ;)

I understand your predicament, personally I would decline the invitation, you've probably been subconsciously hoping for some form of travel restrictions by then but will soon just have to make an executive decision on your own accord.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:57 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I agree LM it’s not necessarily me that I’m worried about and I’m going to get it at some stage. I also start my new business from next week so there’s the caution around that also. I can understand people’s apprehension if they need the income and can’t do it from home. That’s a lot of money to be out of pocket each time you’re in iso.

Good luck with the new business mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:01 am

We are in a similar boat where we had to isolate for 11 days in total due to close contact and having symptons but then never actually testing positive. This wiped out the misses Annual Leave.

We really couldn't afford for her to do another week in Iso as a close contact without Covid where she isn't entitled to sick leave. I mean we could get through the week no problem but do we really want to 'lose' that much money just for a night out in Adelaide or something...…….not at all.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:32 am

Wife just got close contacted. We might be on here fellas.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:34 am

jo172 wrote:Wife just got close contacted. We might be on here fellas.

I'm not sure that you count.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hopefully she has it and has given it to me!
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:42 pm

jo172 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hopefully she has it and has given it to me!

Been nearly 2 weeks now jo172, how did that go for ya :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby scottroo » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:41 pm

How are clubs going with player availability for trials with covid?

We have a large chunk of our playing squad unavailabile for trials this weekend due to either having covid or being in isolation

Are C grade comps in trouble?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:48 pm

scottroo wrote:How are clubs going with player availability for trials with covid?

We have a large chunk of our playing squad unavailabile for trials this weekend due to either having covid or being in isolation

Are C grade comps in trouble?
We've had a few but it hasn't spread too far as yet
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby jo172 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:14 pm

Gather SPOC and PNU had a trial scheduled for today that was called off with each club having too many in isolation for it to be worthwhile.

Dead horse, but maintain the 14 game season had a shit load of merit
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Sass! » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:50 am

I think we had a dozen or so out of our A grade Saturday and probably a similar number out of our B grade.. Covid and iso definitely being a factor in that.

I think it is going to make things very interesting for C Grade comps and even more so the D Grade division.

Unless of course our new Premier makes a call in his first week about needing to isolate if you are a close contact
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:11 am

Sass! wrote:I think we had a dozen or so out of our A grade Saturday and probably a similar number out of our B grade.. Covid and iso definitely being a factor in that.

I think it is going to make things very interesting for C Grade comps and even more so the D Grade division.

Unless of course our new Premier makes a call in his first week about needing to isolate if you are a close contact

At least the new Premier is a bloke who might have more sympathy for the difficulty of filling C and D grades than most :lol:
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Sass! » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:45 am

jo172 wrote:
Sass! wrote:I think we had a dozen or so out of our A grade Saturday and probably a similar number out of our B grade.. Covid and iso definitely being a factor in that.

At least the new Premier is a bloke who might have more sympathy for the difficulty of filling C and D grades than most :lol:

:lol: This is very true.. i'd personally like to see some new policy decisions in relation to subsidised fees for lower grade players who are 35 and over!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League