Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Is Cavan any good these days. I went there a couple of years ago and it just wasn't like I remembered as a teen.

Steak sanga's and hot dogs are the bomb, yiros' are good but no comparison to the Churchill Centre or Niks BBQ @ Mawson's.

Best yiros is Vasili's Taverna on Commercial Road at Port Adelaide opposite the cashies there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:50 am

Spargo wrote:So what’s good for lunch to go with the chips at Chicken Chef?
Whatever will tickle Anne's fancy...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:51 am

In breaking news yesterday I arrived home to discover that my teenage son done all the dishes and took a couple of rib eyes out of the freezer in anticipation for dinner.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Is Cavan any good these days. I went there a couple of years ago and it just wasn't like I remembered as a teen.

Steak sanga's and hot dogs are the bomb, yiros' are good but no comparison to the Churchill Centre or Niks BBQ @ Mawson's.

Best yiros is Vasili's Taverna on Commercial Road at Port Adelaide opposite the cashies there.

Challenge accepted, Yianni's would take some beating.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:In breaking news yesterday I arrived home to discover that my teenage son done all the dishes and took a couple of rib eyes out of the freezer in anticipation for dinner.

Who are you and what have you done with my son?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:59 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:In breaking news yesterday I arrived home to discover that my teenage son done all the dishes and took a couple of rib eyes out of the freezer in anticipation for dinner.

Who are you and what have you done with my son?

If he was there it would've been like that, I even got a text telling me that he was heading to the gym followed by his basketball game and gave me a time of when he'd be home, he even added that he invited his sister over for dinner too as he was worried about her (she had spent the night in hospital after a boating incident over the weekend).
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:21 am

Spargo wrote:So what’s good for lunch to go with the chips at Chicken Chef?

Extra salt and gravy.
It’s good for ya!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby RB » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Dora's on Findon Road just by the QEH is my favourite. Kosta's on the corner of Crittenden Road is very good as well.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:04 pm

RB wrote:
Dora's on Findon Road just by the QEH is my favourite. Kosta's on the corner of Crittenden Road is very good as well.

Geez, I'm gonna be a fat prick.

That's 3 places to try when coming back from the beach.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Ok I need an address for this place please!

438 Main North Road, Blair Athol South Australia 5084

Gilles Plains too..........
http://www.chickenchef.com.au/
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby mickey » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

The 1 on hindley? I think they are actually owned by the same family

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Spargo » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Ok, I’ll admit I was very pessimistic about the Chicken Chef chips despite the hype & publicity over the last 24 hours not to mention the high recommendations from LM, Days & Pag on here.
I couldn’t get near the joint, had to park out the front of Vili’s. I Enter the shop & there are 18 people eating/waiting for their order. In the 8 mins I waited another 23 people came in and ordered. The place was heaving.
Grab my order & almost break into a run back to the van in anticipation. I am not let down. These are THE BEST CHIPS I have ever had - period. Crunchy on the outside, fluffy in the middle - cooked to perfection. The hot dog I had was spot on too. Got halfway through the chips & felt full, finished them anyway. My mouth loves me, my guts hates me. Food coma ominous. Worth it.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Spargo wrote:Ok, I’ll admit I was very pessimistic about the Chicken Chef chips despite the hype & publicity over the last 24 hours not to mention the high recommendations from LM, Days & Pag on here.
I couldn’t get near the joint, had to park out the front of Vili’s. I Enter the shop & there are 18 people eating/waiting for their order. In the 8 mins I waited another 23 people came in and ordered. The place was heaving.
Grab my order & almost break into a run back to the van in anticipation. I am not let down. These are THE BEST CHIPS I have ever had - period. Crunchy on the outside, fluffy in the middle - cooked to perfection. The hot dog I had was spot on too. Got halfway through the chips & felt full, finished them anyway. My mouth loves me, my guts hates me. Food coma ominous. Worth it.

Can't get better in Australia!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Spargo wrote:Ok, I’ll admit I was very pessimistic about the Chicken Chef chips despite the hype & publicity over the last 24 hours not to mention the high recommendations from LM, Days & Pag on here.

It's a beautiful thing to read someone's life change forever.

;)
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:24 pm

Yep, imho nothing comes close. Chicken Shop opposite Barnacle Bills at Woodville used to have exact same type but a few years back changed them (to a run of the mill variety most places have). I've never recovered from it.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:50 pm

Is the Chicken Chef on NE Rd near Sudholz Rd still there?
Used to be one on Greenhill Rd, Linden Park when I lived up that way but it changed several years ago and the complex has been bulldozed now I think
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:Is the Chicken Chef on NE Rd near Sudholz Rd still there?

Yeah
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:58 pm

JK wrote:

Yep, imho nothing comes close. Chicken Shop opposite Barnacle Bills at Woodville used to have exact same type but a few years back changed them (to a run of the mill variety most places have). I've never recovered from it.

Wasn’t that the original chicken chef shop?
I’m going back 20 + years
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:02 pm

Spargo wrote:Crunchy on the outside, fluffy in the middle - cooked to perfection.

I love how they come in all different shapes and sizes - not just a generic chip.. the chicken salt adds a bit to them.

Don't know what it is, but they just taste so much different to your regular chip.. might have to stop by after cricket tonight! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Soccer isn't my get up, in fact I never watch it, but how could you not rate this? It sucks that he felt he had to lead two lives but more power to him and others to be proud of who they are.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... 7c50214e66

Adelaide United’s Josh Cavallo has publicly come out as gay, becoming the first male professional Australian footballer to do so during their playing days.

The 21-year-old young Socceroo made the announcement on Wednesday, declaring he was “proud to publicly announce I am gay” in an emotional statement on Twitter.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion