Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:02 pm

McCrcacken Cup is on again in October.
$50 for saturday/sunday
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:51 pm

A support round for Sandy Creek after the attack on the greens last week.
52 spots open.Image

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:29 pm

I've been out to West Lakes twice now, quite like the course. It's tight, not overly long and the green are true.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:51 am

Booney wrote:I've been out to West Lakes twice now, quite like the course. It's tight, not overly long and the green are true.

Its a nice course, but just not a lot of imagination in many of the holes, very up and back.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:I've been out to West Lakes twice now, quite like the course. It's tight, not overly long and the green are true.

Its a nice course, but just not a lot of imagination in many of the holes, very up and back.
Very limited with space.

Plans are about to add more water features around the place.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:56 am

Dutchy wrote:

Yeah, agreed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:59 am

A good slice can land you 4 fairways across[emoji1787][emoji1787]

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mickey » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:

The problem is we dont have enough land.
The proposed redevelopment of the 9th & 15th greens and another lake between 1 & 9 will be great.

Ideally the land highlighted would have been golf course from the beginning, allowing for greater spacing between holes and a practice facility. Image

mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:00 pm

yeah understand that they are restricted with room, wonder if they would every remove the trees add more bunkers and make it a true links course?

A couple of my mates are members there now
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Would work good as a links course. Does get quite windy down there!

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mickey » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:yeah understand that they are restricted with room, wonder if they would every remove the trees add more bunkers and make it a true links course?

A couple of my mates are members there now
We are in the process of removing bunkers, standardising the sand throughout the course and reshaping a heap of them.. so definitely no more going in. I'm not sure we have the room to go full links to be honest, just not enough room off the fairways to create the rough needed.

New members are always a good thing. If they don't know many people at the club and are looking to meet a bunch of people through summer let me know

mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:53 am

Open the boot at golf to find thisImage

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:09 am

Dunes booked for Saturday, looks magnificent weather 8)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:18 am

Dunes on Saturday and Ive never seen the course as busy, with Saturday the pick of the days everyone was on the course (40-50 knot winds the other days).

Loaded up the carts and off we went, started off 5,5,5,5 and said to my mate that Im happy to keep this up, next shot pull the drive into the rough and lost ball 8 :lol: on the 6th I ended up in the green side bunker, go to grab my sand wedge out of the bag....no sand wedge...WTF? then remember my son doesn't have one and played a couple of weeks ago, furious! :twisted: rang him and left a violent voice mail, proceeded to take 4 shots to get out of the bunker with a PW, not happy. Used my 62 lob wedge for the rest of the round and worked out OK.

Anyway shot a 99 which should have been low 90's as my driving and putting was excellent, my iron's were shocking.

Course is in great nick and the rough/shrubs have really grown in the last couple of years so much more of a penalty if you go off the short stuff now, which is how it should be on links courses. They advertise the greens as some of the best in the state and they live up to that, very quick but smooth and predictable and for a links course they don't have too many swales or lumps and bumps (apart from the par 3's)

Anyway a great day, finished with beers and BBQ on the deck over looking Moonta Bay, magnificent.

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:48 am

Have entered a team into the Vines Sevens comp, play 9 holes every week in twilight, lookign forward to playing weekly and seeing if I can get my handicap down, 1st time for 25 years that Ive held an official handicap.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:32 pm

signed up for a deal on Future Golf
1st comp for them I can play is at Mt Osmond mid november.
certainly need to hit the range to find something resembling a swing that will keep the ball in play and not the blocks out to the right or the vanilla slices that were on display off tee at Sandy Creek :lol: :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby someguy1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:14 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:signed up for a deal on Future Golf
certainly need to hit the range to find something resembling a swing that will keep the ball in play and not the blocks out to the right or the vanilla slices that were on display off tee at Sandy Creek :lol: :lol:

Was a member with them for a couple of years, recommended it to all my golfing mates. Good group of guys and the events run pretty well especially when they get shotgun starts. Best thing about it was getting an official GA handicap which lets you play in various comps including the open days at the big courses. The lesson you get with Zac at x-golf (is that still part of it?) is good too, Zac will give you some good tips in that half hour.

Have since moved on to join a club with a couple of the guys I met there. Thats the model, getting guys feeding into club members, and how they get the relationships with the partner courses. Went from playing once a month to playing at least once a week so it worked for me.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:45 pm

someguy1 wrote:

Was a member with them for a couple of years, recommended it to all my golfing mates. Good group of guys and the events run pretty well especially when they get shotgun starts. Best thing about it was getting an official GA handicap which lets you play in various comps including the open days at the big courses. The lesson you get with Zac at x-golf (is that still part of it?) is good too, Zac will give you some good tips in that half hour.

Have since moved on to join a club with a couple of the guys I met there. Thats the model, getting guys feeding into club members, and how they get the relationships with the partner courses. Went from playing once a month to playing at least once a week so it worked for me.

i think the lesson is still in there at X Golf, at the moment need all the help i can get :lol:
i just joined up as not 100% sure on how regularly I could get out. so the bonus of a handicap plus the events they run around the place I thought i would give it a go.

what club did you join?
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:06 pm

The $400 deal at the Vines is tempting and worth looking at, includes come clothing and lessons.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby someguy1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:18 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
someguy1 wrote:

i think the lesson is still in there at X Golf, at the moment need all the help i can get :lol:
i just joined up as not 100% sure on how regularly I could get out. so the bonus of a handicap plus the events they run around the place I thought i would give it a go.

what club did you join?

Glenelg hence playing as often as I can to make it worth it. Had never played any of the private courses until I join up with futures.

Joining up with 3 others cut the joining fee in half. Wouldn't even get a look in now, all the categories are full because of covid. As a guy I played with a few weeks back put it, all the old c**** would be overseas and have cash they need to spend on something.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf