Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:09 am

Wedgie wrote:Joe Biden remembering Boris Johnston's name but referring to Scott Morrison as their "pal downunder" at the presser about submarines. :lol:
Poor old bugger, it must be hard trying to remember names at his age!

Morrison got champed. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:28 am

Wedgie wrote:Joe Biden remembering Boris Johnston's name but referring to Scott Morrison as their "pal downunder" at the presser about submarines. :lol:
Poor old bugger, it must be hard trying to remember names at his age!

Surprised he didn't follow up with "oh yeah, Paul Hogan."
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Kahuna » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Duplicate
Last edited by Kahuna on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Kahuna » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 pm

I just bought a coffee at an OTR, cost $5.95. I gave the girl three two dollar coins. She used a calculator to work out the change.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Kahuna wrote:I just bought a coffee at an OTR, cost $5.95. I gave the girl three two dollar coins. She used a calculator to work out the change.

I have noticed that a lot with the young ones serving, as soon as you pay with cash they literally have no idea how to work out change :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Kahuna wrote:I just bought a coffee at an OTR, cost $5.95. I gave the girl three two dollar coins. She used a calculator to work out the change.

I have noticed that a lot with the young ones serving, as soon as you pay with cash they literally have no idea how to work out change :shock:

I remember a similar experience way back in the mid 1980s. I popped down to the stationary shop from my practice to buy a few pencils. The girl serving picked up a calculator to work out the total and came up with a hugely excessive figure.

I did the calculation in my head (out loud) and said, "The total should be "x" perhaps your battery is dying.".
She said "I'll take your word for it."

The education system has been on the way down for years...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Psyber wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

I remember a similar experience way back in the mid 1980s. I popped down to the stationary shop from my practice to buy a few pencils. The girl serving picked up a calculator to work out the total and came up with a hugely excessive figure.

I did the calculation in my head (out loud) and said, "The total should be "x" perhaps your battery is dying.".

Were they clutch pencils? :-B
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:48 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Yep, my Nanna has this really bad habit of offering the exact cents after she's handed over the note, you should see the fear in the kids eyes at Drakes when she does it :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Counting will serve no purpose in 20 years anyway, all shopping will be done online and a calculator will add up the 'total' cost, you will pay by either punching your card details in or a pay wave of some sort. :lol: :lol: ;)

Just like there will be no need to learn how to write in future years. I mean my 12 year old doesn't even take a pen to school, everything she does is on her laptop. They are planning on going paperless within 5 years for 'environmental' reasons.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Our mortgage broker had to get a calculator out and I told him the amount before he punched in the first digit...[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

But it's humorous on the rare occasion I use cash, I just tell them the change...they run it through the till and look horrified that anyone can use kindy level maths.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:02 pm

whufc wrote:Counting will serve no purpose in 20 years anyway, all shopping will be done online and a calculator will add up the 'total' cost, you will pay by either punching your card details in or a pay wave of some sort. :lol: :lol: ;)

Just like there will be no need to learn how to write in future years. I mean my 12 year old doesn't even take a pen to school, everything she does is on her laptop. In face they are planning on going paperless within 5 years for 'environmental' reasons.

Its so sad on both levels - cash helps learn value of money instead of just swiping a card and not realising the impact.

Similarly with handwriting, it's a beautiful art form when done right, and everyone should learn how to write print and cursive.. like a cricket scorebook how good does it look when scored by someone with neat tidy handwriting.. thing of beauty.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:20 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Our mortgage broker had to get a calculator out and I told him the amount before he punched in the first digit...[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

But it's humorous on the rare occasion I use cash, I just tell them the change...they run it through the till and look horrified that anyone can use kindy level maths.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

We got our mortgage almost a year to the day and didn't pick up a pen at any point through the process. All documents were digitately completed and scanned to email for sending.

The closest we came was doing our signature with our finger on their tablet. Which also was on the only day we actually went inside the bank throughout the entire process.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Psyber » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:06 pm

It is nice to have the basic skills though. There are still places where you can't automate that sort of thing.
(Like when I was in rural Sabah and Sarawak and the remote Turtle reserves a few years ago.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:20 am

Youtube
Dan Andrews has a broken heart :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:12 am

Bought some shirts online on Monday with expected delivery day Thursday coming from NSW, didn’t come but no big deal. Check today and they are currently in New Zealand. New Zealand!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:09 pm

The coronavirus thread.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:15 pm

John Setka complaining about extremism and violence
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby rd » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm

Psyber wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

A few years ago I went into a KFC and bought a small snack that cost $3.85. I gave the teenage girl at the counter who served me a $5 note. She typed in to the register that I had given her $50. She then handed over $46.15 in change to me. I said that I handed over $5 and that you can't give me $46.15 in change. The girl couldn't understand the logic. I went down the path of "you're handing me back more money that what I gave you..." She was still confused. I was tempted to accept the change and run but I had my impressionable primary school aged kids with me and had always imparted the principles of honesty on them. But honesty was losing the battle against stupidity in this case ! Eventually I persuaded her to call over her manager - explained that I can't get $46 change when handing over a $5 note and eventually honesty and logic won the battle !
rd
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:39 am

The loudest two people here that ramble shit to each other all day every day put a sign up in our work kitchen asking people to keep their voices down in the office.

I asked them if they see the irony in it and they thought I was trying to be funny and sexist.

I sit 10-15 metres away from them and have to wear head phones all day to drown them out, I legitimately am Carol's work colleague.

I move on October 1 so I am counting down the days, hours and minutes!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 am

rd wrote:
A few years ago I went into a KFC and bought a small snack that cost $3.85. I gave the teenage girl at the counter who served me a $5 note. She typed in to the register that I had given her $50. She then handed over $46.15 in change to me. I said that I handed over $5 and that you can't give me $46.15 in change. The girl couldn't understand the logic. I went down the path of "you're handing me back more money that what I gave you..." She was still confused. I was tempted to accept the change and run but I had my impressionable primary school aged kids with me and had always imparted the principles of honesty on them. But honesty was losing the battle against stupidity in this case ! Eventually I persuaded her to call over her manager - explained that I can't get $46 change when handing over a $5 note and eventually honesty and logic won the battle !

I went into a sprints one day with a $50 note and asked the dude if he could change it for two 20's and a 10, he declined and told me I had to buy something for him to do it.

They had a drinks fridge there and there was an 80c water so I got that and had the shits on as I handed him the $50 note, the dumb f*** gave me the fifty back plus my $49.20 change, I thanked him and then walked briskly to my car and took off like a shower of shit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion