Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby KegLeg » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:42 pm

Can anyone confirm how the SFL season is going to end? I’ve heard conflicting accounts, round 14 to be played in the last week, noarlunga v porties happening, noarlunga v porties not happening. Is it top 4 or top 5? Like most things the sfl do, the communication is poor.
KegLeg
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby Show Time » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:43 pm

WTF happened over at Flagstaff Hill v C-Beach in the C grade on Sunday, hearing multiple cop cars and a ambulance in attendance.... fights on the oval with spectators involved, carpark fights apparently had it all, lazy Sunday at the football.
Show Time
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Divers » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Show Time wrote:WTF happened over at Flagstaff Hill v C-Beach in the C grade on Sunday, hearing multiple cop cars and a ambulance in attendance.... fights on the oval with spectators involved, carpark fights apparently had it all, lazy Sunday at the football.

Heard a Christies spectator king hit a FH player who was on the bench, usual BS from that club and they wonder why clubs are lining up to leave....
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Broken Down Hack » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Divers wrote:
Show Time wrote:WTF happened over at Flagstaff Hill v C-Beach in the C grade on Sunday, hearing multiple cop cars and a ambulance in attendance.... fights on the oval with spectators involved, carpark fights apparently had it all, lazy Sunday at the football.

Heard a Christies spectator king hit a FH player who was on the bench, usual BS from that club and they wonder why clubs are lining up to leave....

WOW, what a way to respect a guy who was playing
his 500th game, disgusting behaviour by all involved.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:44 pm

Divers wrote:

How do you manage to king hit someone on the bench? :?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Divers wrote:

How do you manage to king hit someone on the bench? :?

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby UpThere » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Divers wrote:

Not that I was there on Sunday, but I would definitely assume there would be much more to it than just that.

As for your last comment
"usual BS from that club and they wonder why clubs are lining up to leave"
:roll: please, we all know thats definitely not the reason.
UpThere
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:51 pm

Does anyone have a Cockledivers v Shoes score?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby spot on » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Does anyone have a Cockledivers v Shoes score?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

They both had a bye
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby King » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:25 am

Flaggies through to the A grade GF undefeated. Has any SFL team been undefeated to the GF but then lost the big one?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby KegLeg » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:21 pm

King wrote:The Shoes?? Must be high heels; they sure get the wobbles!!!

Come on king, you’re better than that. This is your comment from 2019 after Flaggies winning the GF against the previously unbeaten Noarlunga. Few too many reds again? GF’s are funny games. Hope you and the rest of FH aren’t getting ahead of themselves!
KegLeg
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby tigerpie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:51 pm

Reynella v Morphettvale prelim is going to be a cracker.
Flaggies will hope they belt shit out of each other.
Going by past history, that will happen.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:19 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:Rumour mill.

Cove investigating moving to Adelaide Footy League
2022 any truth.

This is very real, wont be long and is will be the South of Sherriff's Rd League

So you guys off as well I take it?
Along with reynella and happy valley.
That represents the current top 3 in the A grade.

Surely any club in their right mind is looking to leave the ravaged SFL competition.
It’s going nowhere and has lost all integrity.
The SAAFL provides divisions for clubs to build success and maintain sustainability.
Clubs like Cove could be winning multiple premierships as early as it first enters.
Clubs like Reynella, Flagstaff Hill and Happy Valley could be challenging Div 1 and 2 in a matter of a couple of seasons.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:

The SAAFL provides divisions for clubs to build success and maintain sustainability.

So where do Hackham and Lonsdale go now after getting smacked week in week out in Division 7?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby King » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:42 pm

KegLeg wrote:
King wrote:The Shoes?? Must be high heels; they sure get the wobbles!!!

Come on king, you’re better than that. This is your comment from 2019 after Flaggies winning the GF against the previously unbeaten Noarlunga. Few too many reds again? GF’s are funny games. Hope you and the rest of FH aren’t getting ahead of themselves!

Definitely won’t be printing Premiership T-shirts prior to the game!!!
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:20 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:Rumour mill.

Cove investigating moving to Adelaide Footy League
2022 any truth.

This is very real, wont be long and is will be the South of Sherriff's Rd League

So you guys off as well I take it?
Along with reynella and happy valley.
That represents the current top 3 in the A grade.

Surely any club in their right mind is looking to leave the ravaged SFL competition.
It’s going nowhere and has lost all integrity.
Clubs like Cove could be winning multiple premierships as early as it first enters.
Clubs like Reynella, Flagstaff Hill and Happy Valley could be challenging Div 1 and 2 in a matter of a couple of seasons.

I’ll give you Flagstaff Hill but to say Reynella and especially Happy Valley could be challenging Div 1 and 2 within a couple of years is massively ambitious. Happy Valley would find it tough getting out of D4 let alone any higher. Playing competitive sides in your bracket each week is a lot different to playing a side at your ability every 2-3 weeks.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:47 pm

I agree with your comments on the most part but I think it comes down to whether you want to grow as a football club in the SAAFL or linger and get by in the SFL. I would want my club to take up the challenge and compete in the best competition in the State. When Brighton left they certainly weren’t world beaters, now they are a Div 1 side. The SFL is all but dead, it’s the loyal clubs who maintain its weak pulse and some of these clubs sacrifice success for it. I’d imagine clubs like Cove and Port Noarlunga would be quite successful in an appropriate division of the SAAFL. Instead they continue to ‘make up the numbers’ in the SFL. And why????
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:I agree with your comments on the most part but I think it comes down to whether you want to grow as a football club in the SAAFL or linger and get by in the SFL. I would want my club to take up the challenge and compete in the best competition in the State. When Brighton left they certainly weren’t world beaters, now they are a Div 1 side. The SFL is all but dead, it’s the loyal clubs who maintain its weak pulse and some of these clubs sacrifice success for it. I’d imagine clubs like Cove and Port Noarlunga would be quite successful in an appropriate division of the SAAFL. Instead they continue to ‘make up the numbers’ in the SFL. And why????

And the ammos can accommodate a full Saturday of football from 13/15/17.5/B/A grade?

That's correct most clubs don't field juniors and play in paddocks just saying.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:42 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:I agree with your comments on the most part but I think it comes down to whether you want to grow as a football club in the SAAFL or linger and get by in the SFL. I would want my club to take up the challenge and compete in the best competition in the State. When Brighton left they certainly weren’t world beaters, now they are a Div 1 side. The SFL is all but dead, it’s the loyal clubs who maintain its weak pulse and some of these clubs sacrifice success for it. I’d imagine clubs like Cove and Port Noarlunga would be quite successful in an appropriate division of the SAAFL. Instead they continue to ‘make up the numbers’ in the SFL. And why????

And the ammos can accommodate a full Saturday of football from 13/15/17.5/B/A grade?

SANFL Juniors slowly taking over all juniors anyway. Ammo's does do C/B/A though, you could play your 17.5's in the C grade competition if that's what you wanted -then it would just be the 13's and 15's missing.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

SANFL Juniors slowly taking over all juniors anyway. Ammo's does do C/B/A though, you could play your 17.5's in the C grade competition if that's what you wanted -then it would just be the 13's and 15's missing.

No chance!
The vision of a competition including Hills GSFL SFL with divisional program is not just a dream.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL