I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby stan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:24 am

Corona Man wrote:Did all of Daisy's alias's get banned too?
Hahaha snap, that's what I was thinking as well.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:50 am

stan wrote:

That's why Dog_ger hasn't been posting much. Got it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:53 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

What about Dog_ger2?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:55 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

What about Dog_ger2?

As well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:When I agree with Wedgie, you know it's serious. :lol:

Not particularly keen on getting shut down because some clowns think they can sprout any BS they like.

If the rule is good enough for all other forms of media, then the same needs to apply here

Who's going to shut it down?

Dunno but Barnesy can make a song out of it.

Aussie Crawl had a crack at it too.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:23 am

Read a snippet of an article about Nadia Bartel on the nose beers, and apparently she’s removed any reference to her sponsors on social media. So my question is this, when a celebrity has a fall from grace, does anyone ever think “right that’s it I’ll never buy from that mob (they’re associated with) again”?

If Taylor Walker was sponsored by Toyota for example, would that be enough for someone to put a line through their brand?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:16 am

JK wrote:Read a snippet of an article about Nadia Bartel on the nose beers, and apparently she’s removed any reference to her sponsors on social media. So my question is this, when a celebrity has a fall from grace, does anyone ever think “right that’s it I’ll never buy from that mob (they’re associated with) again”?

If Taylor Walker was sponsored by Toyota for example, would that be enough for someone to put a line through their brand?
Once this dies down, she'll get it all back up again. Has 560k in followers so she'll get endorsements back fairly quickly. Just wait for a few more news cycles.

She'll find a way for a good news story, probably get Susie O'Brien to help her out to spin only in a way that her divorce from Jimmy cause this. So probably another open letter coming his way in the Herald Sun.

As would you stop buying these things? I really doubt it does, Toyota sponsors the crows and has for years and I can't stand them but there cars are good value and reliable. Pretty sure that that product quality will be a defining point for most people.
stan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:47 am

Quality of product/service and cost determine what I buy.
Not some Numpty who promotes it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:38 am

Many of the younger generations buy/use the products associated with these people. It is how and why celebrity endorsement has been an advertising staple for well over a hundred years.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:30 pm

JK wrote:Read a snippet of an article about Nadia Bartel on the nose beers, and apparently she’s removed any reference to her sponsors on social media. So my question is this, when a celebrity has a fall from grace, does anyone ever think “right that’s it I’ll never buy from that mob (they’re associated with) again”?

It's not necessarily about people not wanting to use the product/brand (unless your whoever that tennis player was that swapped coke for water and made coke shares plummet)

It's the brand not wanting drug addicts and people of poor moral values promoting their products
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

It's not necessarily about people not wanting to use the product/brand (unless your whoever that tennis player was that swapped coke for water and made coke shares plummet)

It's the brand not wanting drug addicts and people of poor moral values promoting their products

I think Ronaldo plays soccer, not tennis. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Brutal burn.
stan
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I couldn't even remember who it was, I kept thinking Nadal for some reason :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:10 am

Noise canceling ear buds, what can people recommend?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby rd » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:25 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Once you start using cocaine or ice you have drawn a line in the sand (so to speak) and have announced your stupidity to the world. No business wants to be publicly associated with an idiot. Can't believe how soft the AFL were with Stengle and Crouch last year. They should have both been forced into 12 months of playing SANFL only with the Crows and doing lots of school talks to kids confessing their sins. Crouch was very very lucky to continue his AFL career at another club.
rd
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:33 am

rd wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Once you start using cocaine or ice you have drawn a line in the sand (so to speak) and have announced your stupidity to the world. No business wants to be publicly associated with an idiot. Can't believe how soft the AFL were with Stengle and Crouch last year. They should have both been forced into 12 months of playing SANFL only with the Crows and doing lots of school talks to kids confessing their sins. Crouch was very very lucky to continue his AFL career at another club.

Personally I think the AFL runs a bit scared on the drugs front. I reckon they are worried if they go absolutely to hard at someone then the 'real truths' will come out as to how deep the drug culture in the AFL runs.

Give a bloke a chance at redemption and they will keep their mouth shut and try and rebuild their career, yeah they may reveal the details in 5-10 years time but its much easier to manage then to have a current player disgruntled and start going hell for leather on the topic.

The drug culture in the AFL/SANFL has been shocking for at least 15 years now....
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:01 am

Spargo wrote:Noise canceling ear buds, what can people recommend?

Buds, or cans?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am

The Sony WF-1000XM4
Best going around. Love mine.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:11 am

Ear buds

I got Jabra 65t as a Xmas present last year.

They do the job for me.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 am

Booney wrote:

Buds, or cans?

Buds.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion