No votes
West Croydon
9%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Postby Chappy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:20 am

Brodlach wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Understand that the league has done an awesome job organizing this but Kenilworth v CLG at Hope Valley is a bit odd. Mitcham seems a more logical choice.

Actually closer for SMOSH to go to Hope Valley than to Mitcham.

Handy for volunteers/players involved with Kenilworth to be only 15 minutes away from our A grade.
Hopefully we get out there around qtr time!

Feel your pain. Last year for finals we were at Kenilworth @ 2:30, Salisbury @12:30 and Eastern Park 10:15.

That's rough!
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:36 am

Brodlach wrote:Feel your pain. Last year for finals we were at Kenilworth @ 2:30, Salisbury @12:30 and Eastern Park 10:15.

At least you're getting there gradually without backtracking.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:35 am

Personally happy to have these logistical challenges, it’s a good problem to have 2 weeks out from potential GF’s. Plenty of planning to do for both hosting and playing - Cant wait for this weekend!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:13 am

Tempting to walk around the corner from home and watch the Pooraka v Eastern Park game, but reckon a trip to Hope Valley might be the go.

Hopefully the weather is good, and the centre square isn't yuck.

Would the ground at HV suit CLG better than KFC?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:06 pm

Probably Kenilworth (Jokingly hoping), we haven’t lost away this year :D

In seriousness with this comp this year anything can happen. Genuine 50/50 game between 2 clubs that aren’t strangers on meeting for big occasions (Finals and Anzac Day).
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby bloodhound » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:56 pm

Pag wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Understand that the league has done an awesome job organizing this but Kenilworth v CLG at Hope Valley is a bit odd. Mitcham seems a more logical choice.

Actually closer for SMOSH to go to Hope Valley than to Mitcham.

Handy for volunteers/players involved with Kenilworth to be only 15 minutes away from our A grade.
Hopefully we get out there around qtr time!

You'd think this would be one of the main reasons for the venue selection. Would be harsh with supporters/volunteers having to trek across town in between games, and they've tried to do this across all divs with both games on the Saturday. Thebby/Richmond for Div 1, St Marys/Glenelg for Div 2, Payneham/Campbelltown for Div 3, Salisbury/Elizabeth for Div 6. Good work by the league to make it easier for club people.

Despite the loss, Lockleys saved a bit of money on Saturday I'm hearing. About 25-30 beers worth? :shock:

From what I hear Lockleys saved on their normal beer vouchers given to the opposition due to not being happy at damage to he changeroom partition from over exuberant KFC players. Nothing to do with winnning or losing. Not one KFC player or official came up either
bloodhound
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:03 pm

Kenilworth caused damage?

I wonder what Kenilworth’s thoughts are on that?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Sticks28 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:39 pm

ohh interesting - do lockleys give out beer vouchers after the game to opposition or something?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:51 pm

As a former Lockleys Demon I was disappointed with the new club rooms. The place itself is magnificent, it's nicely built, lay out is good, seems fit for purpose but it doesn't have any soul, my word the place is sterile. I know they share the place with several other clubs and it is what it is, but it didn't feel like the Lockleys FC to me when I went in there. Felt like you were just at a conference centre.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Booney wrote:As a former Lockleys Demon I was disappointed with the new club rooms. The place itself is magnificent, it's nicely built, lay out is good, seems fit for purpose but it doesn't have any soul, my word the place is sterile. I know they share the place with several other clubs and it is what it is, but it didn't feel like the Lockleys FC to me when I went in there. Felt like you were just at a conference centre.

Glenunga's is similar in that like Lockley's it feels like a big Council owned sporting club. However both clubs should be happy with their facilities as they're over and above what they use to have. Goodwood's bar is great but lacks the soul of what it once had. Will be interesting to see the next big development of a sporting club in the SAAFL and what they can learn from Lockleys, Glenunga and Goodies.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Chappy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:Kenilworth caused damage?

I wonder what Kenilworth’s thoughts are on that?

Thoughts are best left off the forum.
Clubs have been in contact with eachother.

A few of us were going up but after one player was told he couldn't we all went out to support our inclusive team in their Prelim
Chappy
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:08 pm

Chappy wrote:A few of us were going up but after one player was told he couldn't we all went out to support our inclusive team in their Prelim

Rather get around the inclusive side than the Lockleys mob anyway - fair better blokes. 8) :twisted:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 pm

Both Lockleys and Kenilworth have been in contact towards the beginning of the week and already are working together. Nothing more needs to be said.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Sticks28 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 pm

Hahahah well said get the **** out of lockleys ASAP - kenilworth were probabaly getting hit behind the ball all day from that mob don’t blame them wanting to get out of that hole straight away
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby Chappy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Hahahah well said get the **** out of lockleys ASAP - kenilworth were probabaly getting hit behind the ball all day from that mob don’t blame them wanting to get out of that hole straight away

It was a very very physical game. It was played in very good spirits though. Both teams can hold their head up high!
Chappy
Rookie

Postby Pag » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:19 am

Booney wrote:As a former Lockleys Demon I was disappointed with the new club rooms. The place itself is magnificent, it's nicely built, lay out is good, seems fit for purpose but it doesn't have any soul, my word the place is sterile. I know they share the place with several other clubs and it is what it is, but it didn't feel like the Lockleys FC to me when I went in there. Felt like you were just at a conference centre.

I remember saying this exact thing last year after playing there. The old ones one the other side of the ground were clearly dated, but genuinely felt like a footy club. I was waiting for a training and development session to start in the new ones when I had a drink there last year.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Password Please » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Pag wrote:

I remember saying this exact thing last year after playing there. The old ones one the other side of the ground were clearly dated, but genuinely felt like a footy club. I was waiting for a training and development session to start in the new ones when I had a drink there last year.

Yes, but it is not all about football there anymore.
Hence the grant and new facilities.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:47 pm

Pooraka too slick today on the vast expanses of Kilburn.

#7 was ******* amazing - if he plays like that every week then he surely goes close to the medal.

Matt Rankine is silk, Ronny is alright.. Wade Matthews on a wing / HFF was electric and the ruck #21 was close to best.

#16 for Pooraka was good, but geez mate you can’t walk around wearing NAFC socks in an A grade game, you just look like an A grade flog.

EP competed well, few undisciplined acts cost them, and some questionable selections.. but most notably not as fit. They gassed hard after 1/2 time.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sticks28 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:17 pm

Yeah I thought I was the only one to notice the north socks very strange - pooraka look a quality side to be honest can’t see them losing granny
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:35 pm

The D5/5R/C5 Grand Finals will be played at Blair Athol (Kilburn)

10am: Lockleys v Kenilworth

12.15: Lockleys v Kenilworth

2.30pm: Pooraka v Kenilworth
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League