Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2021

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:48 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the Crows not being clear as to whether he will be 'welcome' back next year.

Surely the Crows would know the answer to that by now...…...I mean internally they would be making decisions on the list next year.

Would it be fair to say the fact that they haven't come out and said that he will be welcomed back to the team for 2022 says his time there could very well be up. Or is it more of delaying tactic so that they cop 'less heat' when they welcome him back.

I don't think they'd know now, as he said judge him on his actions going forward, that's what,IMO, will decide if he's welcomed back or not.

That makes no sense...…

Off course his going to do the counselling sessions, off course his going to apologise to the team, off course his going to donate the money he was required to, off course his not going to make racist remarks again.

There not going to learn anything new in the next few months.....

I mean prior to the incident he was already involved in indigenous programs alongside Eddie Betts, so yeah he might get back involved in one of those projects but once again that's nothing new.

He was 'ticking all the right boxes' prior to the incident wasn't he.

What's he gonna do on course?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:20 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
UK Fan wrote:“When I first was pushed on this I was in denial, I panicked and I was scared and I thought about myself," Tex said.

"I let time go and I said to myself this is not about me, this is about Robbie and the Adelaide official and the pain that I caused to them and that's when I said I'm coming forward to own this and I want to get better for it."

So Tex Did deny The accusation initially. Silvers claimed “Tex owned it immediately” .

More deception from AFC it seems.

How the hell do you come up with that immediate line of conclusion? You can own it by admitting you have said it, however he’s clearly outlined that he’s had time to think on the effect of others rather than just protecting himself initially with his stupid and irresponsible actions. He’s lost a lot of respect from me over this, but you’re just trying to flip these words post event to further suit your point of view.

It couldn’t be more clear he didn’t own it initially. It’s a well scripted confession that provides a rationale as to what his initial thought process was.

Why didn’t he just answer the question with “yes I did” when asked if he owned it straight away.

It’s totally understandable that he felt the way he did initially.

What I don’t understand is why AFC reported it differently.
Last edited by UK Fan on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:10 am

How many people get defensive and say “I didn’t do it” before thinking about it and realizing they did?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:34 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the Crows not being clear as to whether he will be 'welcome' back next year.

Surely the Crows would know the answer to that by now...…...I mean internally they would be making decisions on the list next year.

Would it be fair to say the fact that they haven't come out and said that he will be welcomed back to the team for 2022 says his time there could very well be up. Or is it more of delaying tactic so that they cop 'less heat' when they welcome him back.

I don't think they'd know now, as he said judge him on his actions going forward, that's what,IMO, will decide if he's welcomed back or not.

That makes no sense...…

Off course his going to do the counselling sessions, off course his going to apologise to the team, off course his going to donate the money he was required to, off course his not going to make racist remarks again.

I mean prior to the incident he was already involved in indigenous programs alongside Eddie Betts, so yeah he might get back involved in one of those projects but once again that's nothing new.

You can just keep judging him on one incident then if you like. Me, I'll give the bloke a chance to right his wrongs.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:41 am

These days you can replace a player right up to the week before Round 1 so there is no pressure from that point, if they sack him they have to pay him out and that sits in the 2022 cap anyway. I dont think there is any rush for both parties to make a decision and I believe Tex when he said he isn't even thinking about that right now. He would have a good 3 months before he would be due at pre-season anyway.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:47 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

That makes no sense...…

You can just keep judging him on one incident then if you like. Me, I'll give the bloke a chance to right his wrongs.

That's perfectly fine and understandable but surely the Crows know by now whether they are willing to give that opportunity or not.

I just think the best way for everyone to move and for there to be some closure is for that decision to take place. I cant honestly see what would change between now and January/February/March from the Crows point of view if there decision is based on the morale issue moreso than their footballing needs. eg surely there decision is based on the incident not whether they think they need a key forward next year.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:02 pm

People have forgotten how good he was when Phil Walsh passed away
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Brodlach wrote:People have forgotten how good he was when Phil Walsh passed away

The one positive to come out of all this is it seems everyone else in the world is perfect and have never done anything wrong. The world is in a good place.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Taylor Walker appears to have had a momentary reversion to his past background in Broken Hill in less enlightened times, probably disinhibited by a few drinks. His apology is sufficient so long as he learns from it and doesn't do it again.

(I'm not being mean to BH - I have cousins there and spent a bit of time there in my youth. One of them was a local football umpire.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby mots02 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:23 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

That makes no sense...…

That's perfectly fine and understandable but surely the Crows know by now whether they are willing to give that opportunity or not.

I just think the best way for everyone to move and for there to be some closure is for that decision to take place. I cant honestly see what would change between now and January/February/March from the Crows point of view if there decision is based on the morale issue moreso than their footballing needs. eg surely there decision is based on the incident not whether they think they need a key forward next year.

I'm working on the assumption that they are giving him an opportunity, if they weren't he would have been publicly shown the door by now.

An opportunity with an eye on actions now, rather than words. They've not kicked him out, they've not given the public an iron clad guarantee that he will be there long term, the fact that he still is there though, leads to my assumption that they are infact backing him in.

Seems fair and reasonable, not sure what else they could / can do?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mots02 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:26 pm

sorry, stuffed the quoting sequence up in the comment above!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:34 pm

mots02 wrote:sorry, stuffed the quoting sequence up in the comment above!

You had one job!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Neil Balme appointed as Adelaide's head of footy.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:Neil Balme appointed as Adelaide's head of footy.

Oh I like that time for some skulls to be cracked.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby tigerpie » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 pm

Balmeys a great get.
Success seems to follow him wherever he goes.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Booney » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Olsen, Balme, Nicks. Adelaide have the right people in place.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Booney wrote:Olsen, Balme, Nicks. Adelaide have the right people in place.

Olsen?
Is my sarcasm meter playing up?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Booney » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:46 pm

tigerpie wrote:

Olsen?

The clown before him couldn't make a tough decision, Olsen has cleaned the joint out and got good people in, what are you missing in that?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Olsen?

The clown before him couldn't make a tough decision, Olsen has cleaned the joint out and got good people in, what are you missing in that?
Why is Roo still there in that case?
Hasn’t anybody got the cojones to piss him off?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Olsen?

Why is Roo still there in that case?
Hasn’t anybody got the cojones to piss him off?

Can't do CEO, Chairman, coach, fitness boss and footy boss all at once!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL