8%
Tea Tree Gully
No votes
Unley Mercedes Jets
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 am

hollywood7477 wrote:Friday night is crap. Don’t play a night game all year and they dump a game on clubs for a prelim. Got blokes that are tradies and a BGrade game starts at 5:30pm. Absolute farce this finals series has become. Put the lower divs on Friday night and play the div 1 and 2 on Saturdays

At least they have given plenty of notice highlighted the importance of completing the minor rounds for the integrity and betterment of the promotion/relegation system.

They're trying to make the most out of a bad situation and without stereotyping or generalizing, I'd imagine that there are far more shift workers in the lower divisions compared to the higher ones.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:All finals at Richmond Oval for Div 1 according to sportspulse

Does anyone know who will play Friday and who Saturday. Will it be 1v4 Friday night or 2v3

I have heard it will be 1v4 on Saturday and 2v3 on Friday night across the divisions, but nothing official.

Friday night is crap. Don’t play a night game all year and they dump a game on clubs for a prelim. Got blokes that are tradies and a BGrade game starts at 5:30pm. Absolute farce this finals series has become. Put the lower divs on Friday night and play the div 1 and 2 on Saturdays

So no tradies in Div 3 down? :lol: If not then you have a valid position - bring it up on Monday night, I am sure that the Div 3 and below Clubs would agree with you ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:31 pm

[quote="Executive Member"][quote="hollywood7477"][quote="JesseWhite"][quote="hollywood7477"][quote="JesseWhite"]All finals at Richmond Oval for Div 1 according to sportspulse

Does anyone know who will play Friday and who Saturday. Will it be 1v4 Friday night or 2v3

I have heard it will be 1v4 on Saturday and 2v3 on Friday night across the divisions, but nothing official.

Friday night is crap. Don’t play a night game all year and they dump a game on clubs for a prelim. Got blokes that are tradies and a BGrade game starts at 5:30pm. Absolute farce this finals series has become. Put the lower divs on Friday night and play the div 1 and 2 on Saturdays

So no tradies in Div 3 down? :lol: If not then you have a valid position - bring it up on Monday night, I am sure that the Div 3 and below Clubs would agree with you ;)

I used the tradies comment as most of the blokes I coach are tradies and I’m sure other divs have them my point is the league has made the finals series a farce. Having a prelim on a Friday night is crap. Why can’t the league find the gated grounds and have all finals on a Saturday. Clubs are losing out on money when they deserve to host a final. Surely common sense will prevail and all games are on the Saturday.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:11 pm

There aren't enough gated grounds and some with gates don't want to host, due to having to have a strict Covid approved Plan

Need 14 gated ovals to run on a Saturday - any ideas which 14 could be used?

The League needs to abide by SA Health regulations
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Executive Member wrote:There aren't enough gated grounds and some with gates don't want to host, due to having to have a strict Covid approved Plan

Need 14 gated ovals to run on a Saturday - any ideas which 14 could be used?

The League needs to abide by SA Health regulations

This is spot on Hollywood, either this happens or no finals at all. Best case in a current pandemic. Be lucky to play any finals the way the country is currently going anyway!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:31 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
I used the tradies comment as most of the blokes I coach are tradies and I’m sure other divs have them my point is the league has made the finals series a farce. Having a prelim on a Friday night is crap. Why can’t the league find the gated grounds and have all finals on a Saturday. Clubs are losing out on money when they deserve to host a final. Surely common sense will prevail and all games are on the Saturday.

Jesus, be thankful we get to play finals at all. So Henleys 2's will boycotting finals then, based on your constant whinging? :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

Jesus, be thankful we get to play finals at all. So Henleys 2's will boycotting finals then, based on your constant whinging? :roll:

Quite frankly, the way the rest of the country is going I'll be glad if we can play on Saturday let alone in a months time!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:41 pm

i must be missing something here about the tradies, most tradies i know are usually on the turps by around 4pm on a Friday, certainly arent still working ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:58 pm

locky801 wrote:i must be missing something here about the tradies, most tradies i know are usually on the turps by around 4pm on a Friday, certainly arent still working ;)

Here lies the problem ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

Haha cmon FC I’m just frustrated cos the way the league has done what they have done. I wouldn’t be the first person that has voiced their concerns.
Adelaide Oval is available maybe I can get them to play our game on Saturday at Adelaide Oval
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Gotta love B & C grade coaches who live in their own little "supercoach" bubble. From what I've heard the 1 v 4 Prelims will be Saturday and 2 v 3 Friday night. But that is only guaranteed for A grade. Still likely they do like any other year and if it makes sense to switch the B grade due to the clubs involved then I assume they will. So the 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 B grade prelims could still be the reverse of the above.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Gotta love B & C grade coaches who live in their own little "supercoach" bubble.

Don't knock B/C grade coaches pal. 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Gotta love B & C grade coaches who live in their own little "supercoach" bubble. From what I've heard the 1 v 4 Prelims will be Saturday and 2 v 3 Friday night. But that is only guaranteed for A grade. Still likely they do like any other year and if it makes sense to switch the B grade due to the clubs involved then I assume they will. So the 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 B grade prelims could still be the reverse of the above.

It’s not about being a B Grade coach. That has nothing to do with it. It’s my frustration about the way the finals have been programmed. I think there would be a lot of teams frustrated. For example an A Grade finished 2 games clear and earns a right to the double chance has a bad day and misses the grand final and the opportunity to go up a div. I wldv thought a 3 week series would have been better but I do understand why I’m just frustrated with how it was decided
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:27 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:It’s not about being a B Grade coach. That has nothing to do with it. It’s my frustration about the way the finals have been programmed. I think there would be a lot of teams frustrated. For example an A Grade finished 2 games clear and earns a right to the double chance has a bad day and misses the grand final and the opportunity to go up a div. I wldv thought a 3 week series would have been better but I do understand why I’m just frustrated with how it was decided

In the leagues defence, they're at the mercy of other organisations - SA Health, Local Council, SANFL etc.. it's not that they're deliberately trying to do stuff people around.

If they didn't have to worry or take advice from those other stakeholders - or factor in the AFL GF - then i'm sure they would've happily left as is.

There aren't really any winners in this, just have to make do.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:11 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

Haha cmon FC I’m just frustrated cos the way the league has done what they have done. I wouldn’t be the first person that has voiced their concerns.
Adelaide Oval is available maybe I can get them to play our game on Saturday at Adelaide Oval

Yeah but what choice do they have? They're governed by so many higher powers, namely SA Health and the Government for starters, you're pointing your finger completely the wrong direction. ;)

**edit** or what Bedge said :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:19 pm

More to the point every layer of society is trying to make the best choice out of a number of shit choices imposed upon us by this ******* disease.

**** of a thing, but no one's fault (bar the bat eater/lab leak/act of Chinese aggression/natural consequence of overdevelopment/whatever theory you subscribe to)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:06 pm

If the league deleted round 14 then they could play a 3 round finals series in Div 1. 1v2 3v4 and the loser of 1v2 plays the winner of 3v4 in the Prelim.
The GF would still be played on Sept 18th. Or am I missing something. That’s the way the Women’s footy is set. Damn that split round. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:24 am

Yank Man wrote:If the league deleted round 14 then they could play a 3 round finals series in Div 1. 1v2 3v4 and the loser of 1v2 plays the winner of 3v4 in the Prelim.
The GF would still be played on Sept 18th. Or am I missing something. That’s the way the Women’s footy is set. Damn that split round. :D

It doesn't comply with the guidelines that the league is trying to set, they want an even contest for all teams to justify the promotion/relegation system.

The best case scenario would be to get to the end of round 18 and the two remaining games to be "dead rubbers" and have zero affect on the table, the negative aspect is that it would be too late by then anyway as there would already be contingency plans in for finals venues.

If SPOC get up over PNU this week it could very well ensure that no one in the top 4 can change places, the reserves is pretty much the same, not much can change from here on in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Yank Man wrote:If the league deleted round 14 then they could play a 3 round finals series in Div 1. 1v2 3v4 and the loser of 1v2 plays the winner of 3v4 in the Prelim.

It doesn't comply with the guidelines that the league is trying to set, they want an even contest for all teams to justify the promotion/relegation system.

The best case scenario would be to get to the end of round 18 and the two remaining games to be "dead rubbers" and have zero affect on the table, the negative aspect is that it would be too late by then anyway as there would already be contingency plans in for finals venues.

If SPOC get up over PNU this week it could very well ensure that no one in the top 4 can change places, the reserves is pretty much the same, not much can change from here on in.

So, is the plan for the two games to be made up to be played on Sep 4, then the Prelim finals for Div 1 on Sep10/11 and the GF on Sep 18?

If they don't need to make up these two games, would they just play the finals on same weekends as all other grades?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:28 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
So, is the plan for the two games to be made up to be played on Sep 4, then the Prelim finals for Div 1 on Sep10/11 and the GF on Sep 18?

If they don't need to make up these two games, would they just play the finals on same weekends as all other grades?

I would think that logistically it would be too late to make alternative arrangements.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League