Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:56 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Wheres my mate Daisy he has been quite today ?????

You’re logged in so he can’t ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Brodlach wrote:

I want to know what UK fan thinks of all this....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 pm

am Bays wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

He’s too busy counting people
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:01 pm

am Bays wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

He deals in crowd numbers not Covid numbers.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:02 pm

DOC wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:who was the dopey journo who mentioned nappies to Stevens??

Andrew Hough

He is an absolute tool apparently :shock: Definitely sounds like one!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:Reckon you could play press conference bingo every day..

Tick off when you hear:
Dealing with the Delta variant
Highly Transmissible
Proud of everyone in SA
Only one opportunity to tackle this

The "only one opportunity to tackle this" is the one that does my head in :evil:

We are certain to get another outbreak at some stage, and we start the process all over again :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:08 pm

medi-hotel.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:21 pm

If the government came out tomorrow and said we are going to continue to lockdown at every breakout until 70% of the country is vaccinated. What would your response be:

1/ Go get vaccinated ASAP
2/ March down King William Street in protest
3/ Call their bluff and 'see' how it pans out
4/ Do nothing and hope 70% of people get vaccinated without you being one.

I'm just struggling to see how we ever get back to a life without lockdowns becoming the 'new norm'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Psyber » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:28 pm

The solution?

CV19 volunteers.png
CV19 volunteers.png (277.69 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Psyber wrote:The solution?

CV19 volunteers.png

Classic, love it :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby mots02 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:48 pm

CV19 volunteers.png

I'm assuming that this answers the question of 'where's Daisy'... volunteering his time to stick it to the sheeple and doing something positive to solve the problem.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:50 pm

CV19 volunteers.png

Mate you got the wrong sign it should read Delta 21.

So for Delta 21 i will volunteer there ya all happy :D
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Groover » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Line at pt adelaide is down to about 1.5hr wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:14 pm

CV19 volunteers.png

While that's just a meme meant as a bit of light entertainment, I'll bite.

While there are some that don't believe Covid 19 exists, there are many who know it exists, but believe the current method for dealing with it is not rational.

Look at our current outbreak, 15 cases, all whom attended/work at The Greek or the Winery.
SA Health have identified 210 people from these sites.

So who should be isolating?

The 15 infected - obviously.
The 210 close contacts - Yes.
The 3800 contacts of close contacts - ok.
The 1.5million South Australians? - I don't think so.

So because I question if it is proportional for the 4th ring of the ven diagram to be thrust into lockdown does that mean I don't believe in Covid?

Covid exists, and the delta variant kills 0.2% of people that catch it. 98% of those that die have other factors that contribute to their death.

For young healthy individuals, you're a 24,999 in 25,000 chance of surviving if you catch it.

With 3 rings of isolation ahead of me, then a 99.996% chance of surviving even if it makes it through to the 4th ring, I'm very comfortable to say putting me in a lockdown for 7 days is unreasonable.

Allow people to get vaccinated.
Have your contract tracing.
Isolate people who get it, their close contacts, or even contacts of close contacts.
Allow anyone else who wants to isolate themselves to live their lives in solitude.

Don't force the rest of us to shut down our lives 'out of an abundance of caution'.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Trader wrote:

CV19 volunteers.png

While there are some that don't believe Covid 19 exists, there are many who know it exists, but believe the current method for dealing with it is not rational.

Look at our current outbreak, 15 cases, all whom attended/work at The Greek or the Winery.

So because I question if it is proportional for the 4th ring of the ven diagram to be thrust into lockdown does that mean I don't believe in Covid?

Covid exists, and the delta variant kills 0.2% of people that catch it. 98% of those that die have other factors that contribute to their death.

For young healthy individuals, you're a 24,999 in 25,000 chance of surviving if you catch it.

With 3 rings of isolation ahead of me, then a 99.996% chance of surviving even if it makes it through to the 4th ring, I'm very comfortable to say putting me in a lockdown for 7 days is unreasonable.

Isolate people who get it, their close contacts, or even contacts of close contacts.
Allow anyone else who wants to isolate themselves to live their lives in solitude.

Don't force the rest of us to shut down our lives 'out of an abundance of caution'.

Nice bite Trader ^:)^ you are spot on my friend.

You are one of a handful that really gets it.

These viruses that we have all been living with for 18 months plus but still after all this time these so called experts have not got a damn clue :rolleyes:
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Trader wrote:

CV19 volunteers.png

That's basically what NSW tried. it's the emergence of the, 3rd and 4th generation of spreaders (close contacts of generation one and two) of who aren't in isolation or having limitation on on their movements because their infection was unknown at the time is what is allowing to spread.

The quick hard lockdown helps gets it contained initially then you can start lifting in a controlled manner which is what Stevens and Marshall implied they would like to be able to announce on Tuesday

Trader you know that there are going to be negative tests on day one who on day five are possibly going to come back positive this may create more sites of concern.

Restrictions (preferred)/lockdowns help control the spread initially. The known unknowns out in the community when it first emerges.

As you said 100 pages back probably, the testing is only accurate to the to 48-72 hours before the swab, hence why the testing of contacts needs to occur several times over 14 days.
Last edited by am Bays on Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:42 pm

Trader wrote:

CV19 volunteers.png

Brilliant!
The only problem is we can't trust the ones that need to isolate, to isolate, therefore the lockdown happens.
Last edited by gazzamagoo on Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:57 pm

am Bays wrote:That's basically what NSW tried. it's the emergence of the, 3rd and 4th generation of spreaders (close contacts of generation one and two) of who aren't in isolation or having limitation on on their movements because their infection was unknown at the time is what is allowing to spread.

The quick hard lockdown helps gets it contained initially then you can start lifting in a controlled manner which is what Stevens and Marshall implied they would like to be able to announce on Tuesday

Trader you know that there are going to be negative tests on day one who on day five are possibly going to come back positive this may create more sites of concern.

Restrictions (preferred)/lockdowns help control the spread initially. The known unknowns out in the community when it first emerges.

As you said 100 pages back probably, the testing is only accurate to the to 48-72 hours before the swab, hence why the testing of contacts needs to occur several times over 14 days.

NSW lost control as they didn't chase down the close contacts. They blurred the line between contacts of close contacts and the general public. They haven't isolated rings 2 and 3.

We are different. As I said in my post, isolate rings 2 and 3, lock them up for 14 days and you'll get no complaints from me. But that's 4,000 people, not 1.5million.

Sure, if we lose control of the contact tracing and then can't be confident we have rings 2 and 3 under control, sure, look for some restrictions (like stage 2, 3 or 4) at that point in time.

We have the initial rings under control yet have still imposed stage 5 lockdowns on everyone.

Agreed, there will be more +ve cases come out who were -ve on day 1 and +ve on day 5 or even 13. But these are people from ring 2, at worst ring 3. None of them will come from ring 4, so why is ring 4 in stage 5 lockdown?

Ring 1, 2 and 3 can go into 14 day iso, ring 4 should have level 2 restrictions if they want added protection, not level 5.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Trader for Premier!
Or you can have Spurrier’s job.

Take ya pick.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby stan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Trader wrote:

CV19 volunteers.png

Spot on.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion