Topical
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: Good Movies

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:06 am

I was flicking through Netflix last night and noticed that Deliverance was there. So I watched it.

For 1972, I can see why it was viewed as both controversial and epic. There are many questions left unanswered, however that's the only negative aspect of the film.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:42 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I watched this Saturday night. It was quite different from the documentary. Didn't get too in depth as to how much coke he was actually moving at the time.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

I watched this Saturday night. It was quite different from the documentary. Didn't get too in depth as to how much coke he was actually moving at the time.
Oh, there's a doco??

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:23 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Oh, there's a doco??

Yeah on Netflix. It's called White Boy
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby JK » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:54 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Not a movie - it's a doco, but goes for 90min so qualifies... watched "Hillsborough" the other week on Kayo - loved it - in fact so much that i watched it again last night with Mrs Bedge and she sat and watched the whole thing which is rare for her given it's a sports doc.

At times it's hard to hold back the tears.

Yeah one of my favouries……I feel for all involved. I know the police made some mistakes but I think in this day and age we lose sight of being able to reflect on incidents/tragedies and remember that people in that exact moment only knew what they knew. Its easy to look back now with all our technology, our wealth of knowledge, our understandings of almost every aspect of life and be critical on the way things were done in the 60's / 70's / 80's.

I think the mistakes could have been tolerable (well for some, not all who were affected) but the coverups is where most of the anger stems from. I haven't watched this Doco yet, and might be a while til I do given all the others I've seen - They take a bit out of you. (and FWIW I was always drawn to the events due to my footballing allegiances, but the tragedy just comes from the loss of innocent life at an event you would rightfully expect to be completely safe, Same with Bradford City and Heysel. Noone should go to the footy and not come home :( )
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Bum Crack wrote:I watched this Saturday night. It was quite different from the documentary. Didn't get too in depth as to how much coke he was actually moving at the time.

Watched the documentary last night, pretty interesting - looking forward to watching the movie next.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I watched this Saturday night. It was quite different from the documentary. Didn't get too in depth as to how much coke he was actually moving at the time.

Watched the documentary last night, pretty interesting - looking forward to watching the movie next.

Watched the movie, and after watching the doco must say found it underwhelming. Wasn't a fan at the way the movie finished either - seemed abrupt.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:23 pm

I finally got around to watching Apocalypse Now, such an intriguing story that is a very much slow burn but kept me interested all the way through, the final act/ending is pretty full on. I did like it but The Thin Red Line is still my favourite war movie.

I recently watched Black Widow which was ok, had a similar spy espionage theme to Captain America The Winter Soldier which I really liked. I'll probably watch it again same with Tenet.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Magellan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I finally got around to watching Apocalypse Now, such an intriguing story that is a very much slow burn but kept me interested all the way through, the final act/ending is pretty full on.

Now that you've seen it TDK, you should also check out "Hearts of Darkness - A Filmmaker's Apocalypse". It's a documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now that uses home movie footage filmed by Coppola's wife. Has to be seen to be believed, and it's a wonder the film got made in the end. You realise that the longer the film goes, the less the actors are acting. Dennis Hopper, in particular, was always being his drug-addled self.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Magellan wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I finally got around to watching Apocalypse Now, such an intriguing story that is a very much slow burn but kept me interested all the way through, the final act/ending is pretty full on.

Now that you've seen it TDK, you should also check out "Hearts of Darkness - A Filmmaker's Apocalypse". It's a documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now that uses home movie footage filmed by Coppola's wife. Has to be seen to be believed, and it's a wonder the film got made in the end. You realise that the longer the film goes, the less the actors are acting. Dennis Hopper, in particular, was always being his drug-addled self.

Thanks Magellan I'll look it up.
I was reading about the film on it's IMDb page, sounds like it was a huge effort to get it finished-
Filming was scheduled was 6 weeks and instead went for 16 months.
Coppola invested $7 million of his own money into the film after it went severely over budget.
Alot of dialogue was replaced in post- production due to the original audio being unusable due to extraneous background noise.
The raw film negatives were sent to and processed in the US due to the Philippines having no professional film laboratories at the time so therefore the Coppola never saw a shot of film until returning to the US and it took 3 years to edit the footage.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Always watch the classic Duel when at home feeling crap.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:00 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Thanks Magellan I'll look it up.
I was reading about the film on it's IMDb page, sounds like it was a huge effort to get it finished-
Filming was scheduled was 6 weeks and instead went for 16 months.
Coppola invested $7 million of his own money into the film after it went severely over budget.
Alot of dialogue was replaced in post- production due to the original audio being unusable due to extraneous background noise.
The raw film negatives were sent to and processed in the US due to the Philippines having no professional film laboratories at the time so therefore the Coppola never saw a shot of film until returning to the US and it took 3 years to edit the footage.

@Magellan
Just finished watching the documentary.
Coppola was so determined, obsessed even to finish making the movie despite cost, time and schedule issues plus issues with casting and the cast (eg. Marlon Brando) and even Martin Sheen having a heart attack during the making of the film. Compelling viewing.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Saw the new Suicide Squad movie today with my son. Damn that was entertaining and funny. Don't think it will win an Emmy for Best Picture having a huge alien starfish as the enemy but loved it!
Weasel is the best character ever!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:09 pm

Tight arse Tuesday still a thing?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:14 pm

DOC wrote:Tight arse Tuesday still a thing?

Don't think so, there was only one other person in the entire cinema. Just checked my bank account and it cost $32 for 2 tickets, not sure if that is the norm or not.

Bloody nice cinema down at West Lakes too, first time I haven't done gold class for years, but for some weird reason my chair was the only one that reclined, my son wasn't impressed! :lol:
Screen and sound was amazing!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MatteeG » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:53 am

Jungle Cruise.

Took the kids last weekend and I really enjoyed it, throw back to the Indiana Jones/Mummy vibe.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Very good movies about those bad ol yanks

I watched it on Amazon Prime

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Pseudo » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:11 pm

Just watched "The Father" on prime. Anthony Hopkins playing a dementia sufferer.

Wow. What a complete head trip.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment