Round 18 - I hate the bug!

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 18 - I hate the bug!

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 pm

I hate the bug, you hate the bug we all hate the bug but unfortunately the bug is here to stay. It only seems a matter of time before COVID gives us a big 5hitburger to eat this season but if it does, would there be any extra trades on offer? Any additional trades would really set the REBCats amongst the pigeons and turn the Hogg upside down as teams that are currently on the ropes (whoever you may be) would be significantly revived.

Something that is more predictable, unlike this year's fixture, is the continuing fragility of Giants players. Lachie Whitfield is the latest in a long line of Giants burnmen and it has t be pretty close to putting the whole club on the 'never again' list. Toby Green and Josh Kelly are two other SC relevant players that make their owners nervous every time they hit the deck and Haynes is almost in the same rowboat. Luckily I dodged the Whitfield bullet as I had my defence sorted but some of my opponents were not so lucky last week. Who needs that rubbish when everyone is scoring 2350 plus? :shock:

May your unique premos not go down this week....unless it's Ecky because I need a miracle here.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 18 - I hate the bug!

Postby JK » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:03 pm

I know this is a bit late in the season to be asking the question lol, but here goes ... Can you make trades mid-round in between AFL games being played, or is the team you have in place by the first bounce of the ball for the round, the one you're stuck with for the entire round?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:23 pm

JK wrote:I know this is a bit late in the season to be asking the question lol, but here goes ... Can you make trades mid-round in between AFL games being played, or is the team you have in place by the first bounce of the ball for the round, the one you're stuck with for the entire round?

It's a rolling lock out. I trade as late as I can, every week. Next thing you are going to ask me about the value of perma donuts and vc loophole. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Cunnington OUT - Electing to stay with family and won't play against Essendon. And let the 5hitburgers begin. There's talk of a snap Vic lockdown as well.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
JK wrote:I know this is a bit late in the season to be asking the question lol, but here goes ... Can you make trades mid-round in between AFL games being played, or is the team you have in place by the first bounce of the ball for the round, the one you're stuck with for the entire round?

It's a rolling lock out. I trade as late as I can, every week. Next thing you are going to ask me about the value of perma donuts and vc loophole. ;)

regards,

REB

Might have helped if I’d employed similar method sooner :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:20 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Cunnington OUT - Electing to stay with family and won't play against Essendon. And let the 5hitburgers begin. There's talk of a snap Vic lockdown as well.

regards,

REB

Yep, the DUDS have Cunnington, Langford and Whitfield, FML
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 pm

You can make trades and you can even reverse a trade if you have only used one trade at any time as long as the players involved in the trade havent played or someone you moved position to facilitate the trade hasnt played
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:01 am

JK wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Might have helped if I’d employed similar method sooner :lol:

Anyone could have missed that. It's only been five years. :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:17 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Cunnington OUT - Electing to stay with family and won't play against Essendon. And let the 5hitburgers begin. There's talk of a snap Vic lockdown as well.

regards,

REB

Yep, the DUDS have Cunnington, Langford and Whitfield, FML

And Cripps.
Im going in for surgery, ill be right to go come pre season ready to have a red hot go next season
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:21 pm

i love the bug! Poor Ecky robbed.

regqrds,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby fish » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:21 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:i love the bug! Poor Ecky robbed.

regqrds,

REB

Those late outs gonna rob more than a few coaches
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy