04 - Para Hills
02 - Mawson Lakes

Round 11:
Rosewater v Trinity OS
Blackfriars OS v Elizabeth
Marion v Ingle Farm
Para Hills v St Pauls OS
Mawson Lakes - BYE

8 Games to go.. interesting division here, the Bye really adding an extra element to the season, effectively leaves sides with 7 games remaining.

Critical match this weekend between Marion and Ingle Farm - In Rd 2 the Rams got the better of the Dogs thanks to a 9 goal 1st term - the winner here goes a long way to snatching that 5th spot.

Elizabeth 6 wins clear of 5th have essentially locked away a finals spot already, and being 4 wins ahead of Blackfriars in 4th position a win this weekend will certainly guarantee they finish top 3 with the critical double chance.

Trinity have the luxury of getting their 2nd bye out the way early, allows them to pace their run home with 8 games to play, they should also finish top 3, and 2nd place isn't out of the question.

Para Hills have battled this year, and whilst appear the likely side to go down along with Mawson Lakes, interestingly they have a better percentage than both Marion & Rosewater - should they manage to claim a scalp against either of those teams then they may yet save their bacon.

Round 17 should be the round we know the make up of each side, with Rd 18 seeing the bottom 5 play top 4 sides and Ingle Farm the Bye.. in fact Rd 17 may come down to the side that loses by the least amount scraps in, with 6 wins.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 6

Postby scottroo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Can you do this for div 5 bedge. I can’t be bothered looking who plays who
And where in the last 8
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:00 pm

scottroo wrote:Can you do this for div 5 bedge. I can’t be bothered looking who plays who
And where in the last 8

Too hard for D5 haha :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Burner » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ladder after Round 10:
18 - Elizabeth
16 - St Pauls OS
12 - Trinity OS
10 - Blackfriars OS
06 - Ingle Farm
--------------------

06 - Rosewater
06 - Marion
04 - Para Hills
02 - Mawson Lakes

Round 11:
Rosewater v Trinity OS
Blackfriars OS v Elizabeth
Marion v Ingle Farm
Para Hills v St Pauls OS
Mawson Lakes - BYE

8 Games to go.. interesting division here, the Bye really adding an extra element to the season, effectively leaves sides with 7 games remaining.

Critical match this weekend between Marion and Ingle Farm - In Rd 2 the Rams got the better of the Dogs thanks to a 9 goal 1st term - the winner here goes a long way to snatching that 5th spot.

Elizabeth 6 wins clear of 5th have essentially locked away a finals spot already, and being 4 wins ahead of Blackfriars in 4th position a win this weekend will certainly guarantee they finish top 3 with the critical double chance.

Trinity have the luxury of getting their 2nd bye out the way early, allows them to pace their run home with 8 games to play, they should also finish top 3, and 2nd place isn't out of the question.

Para Hills have battled this year, and whilst appear the likely side to go down along with Mawson Lakes, interestingly they have a better percentage than both Marion & Rosewater - should they manage to claim a scalp against either of those teams then they may yet save their bacon.

Round 17 should be the round we know the make up of each side, with Rd 18 seeing the bottom 5 play top 4 sides and Ingle Farm the Bye.. in fact Rd 17 may come down to the side that loses by the least amount scraps in, with 6 wins.

Battle for that 5th spot should be very interesting, any of those sides between 5th and 8th are just as likely as each other to either make the 5 or end up relegated.
Couple big matchups between that top 3 going into the back end of the season as well.
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Ingle Farm you’re embarrassing me.. embarrassing your community.. we expect more.

Don’t except wins every week, but **** show a little bit of ticker you weak ****
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:14 am

The Bedge wrote:Ingle Farm you’re embarrassing me.. embarrassing your community.. we expect more.

Don’t except wins every week, but **** show a little bit of ticker you weak ****

Saving the late night posts this time :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:31 am

Sad news over the weekend, former Ingle Farm coach Paul Manuel passed away due to a heart attack.

Paul was an integral part of the clubs change and culture shift, and instilled a level of responsibility and respect on the playing group.

He came onboard after 2013 as the club returned to D6 from D7, and it's a tough gig being an outsider heading to the ingle Farm where there are generally some pretty staunch and vocal Farmers and after a tough first season settled in, coaching for 5 seasons, becoming one of the longest serving A grade coaches at the club.

Reward came in 2017 with the club reaching the Grand Final, and promotion to D5 (albeit short lived). It was the first time in about 10yrs the club had reached D5, and had certainly experienced a lot of crap years in between.

Despite battling a marriage breakup, and along with that battles to see his son, he was always available for a chat, a drink, home made pizza.. anything...

The wheels were turning though, and this year returned to coaching to help the newly formed AFL Masters side at Ingle Farm, met a new lady friend, settled into a new home and everything was beginning to look up again.

Well respected, widely loved - even the biggest critics early days were swayed - and indeed will be deeply missed.

He came to the club as a coach.. he become a mate.. he left a brother.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:32 am

The Bedge wrote:Sad news over the weekend, former Ingle Farm coach Paul Manuel passed away due to a heart attack.

Paul was an integral part of the clubs change and culture shift, and instilled a level of responsibility and respect on the playing group.

He came onboard after 2013 as the club returned to D6 from D7, and it's a tough gig being an outsider heading to the ingle Farm where there are generally some pretty staunch and vocal Farmers and after a tough first season settled in, coaching for 5 seasons, becoming one of the longest serving A grade coaches at the club.

Reward came in 2017 with the club reaching the Grand Final, and promotion to D5 (albeit short lived). It was the first time in about 10yrs the club had reached D5, and had certainly experienced a lot of crap years in between.

Despite battling a marriage breakup, and along with that battles to see his son, he was always available for a chat, a drink, home made pizza.. anything...

The wheels were turning though, and this year returned to coaching to help the newly formed AFL Masters side at Ingle Farm, met a new lady friend, settled into a new home and everything was beginning to look up again.

Well respected, widely loved - even the biggest critics early days were swayed - and indeed will be deeply missed.

He came to the club as a coach.. he become a mate.. he left a brother.

Sorry to hear mate :(
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Password Please » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ingle Farm you’re embarrassing me.. embarrassing your community.. we expect more.

I accidently liked this post, my mistake.
It is what it is, people are trying, being a late night post or whatever, NO Excuse.
Do you think players don't go out and try ?
Wake up and SHUT UP, then you bang on about about poor Paul Manuel, FFS pull your head in.
Crap comments like yours above are just key board BS.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby old fullback » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:53 am

Password Please wrote:

I accidently liked this post, my mistake.
It is what it is, people are trying, being a late night post or whatever, NO Excuse.
Do you think players don't go out and try ?
Wake up and SHUT UP, then you bang on about about poor Paul Manuel, FFS pull your head in.
Crap comments like yours above are just key board BS.

Show some Bloody Respect to Paul Manuel, Nobody " bangs on " about him, it was a great piece about a great bloke.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:10 am

Password Please wrote:Do you think players don't go out and try ?

Of course everyone who plays tries when they're out there, but you can't get a pass mark just for trying, and at some point that can't be accepted as being good enough.

This side was percentage off finals the last full season, and added some depth to the A grade with the likes of Payne, Niro, Hahn, Tanczos, Raines.

One goal loss Rd 1 away from home.
9 goal to 2 first quarter cost them against Marion Rd 2
9 point loss in Rd 5 to Elizabeth
23 point loss to St Pauls Os, after being a point down at 3/4 time in Rd 6.

The side is good enough to be getting better results, that's the most frustrating part! Can't accept just going out there trying, it's time for them to turn effort into results.

Now, they find themselves precariously placed both a chance to play finals, and a serious chance to get relegated.

Club has done a lot of work off field over the past 10yrs, a lot of people have put in countless hours to try and improve the club from the weekly 30 goal thumpings that were being received - if the club went back to D7 it would certainly hurt.

It's not just senior footy that gets impacted - the reality is, the longer the seniors struggle in the bottom half of D6 or D7, the more it hurts the juniors.. all the good kids end up heading to TTG, Pooraka, Modbury, Golden Grove, Gepps Cross. How many quality kids are currently running around elsewhere?

Whilst as someone who puts money into the club, and is also invested in the juniors I think I have a right to say what I think, and expect, I do accept that my posts on Saturday evenings are not helpful or productive, and I can see how they may project a negative image back on the club and the people involved..

... but accepting mediocrity because the "they try" isn't good enough.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Slowleftarm » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Password Please wrote:Do you think players don't go out and try ?

Of course everyone who plays tries when they're out there, but you can't get a pass mark just for trying, and at some point that can't be accepted as being good enough.

This side was percentage off finals the last full season, and added some depth to the A grade with the likes of Payne, Niro, Hahn, Tanczos, Raines.

One goal loss Rd 1 away from home.
9 goal to 2 first quarter cost them against Marion Rd 2
9 point loss in Rd 5 to Elizabeth
23 point loss to St Pauls Os, after being a point down at 3/4 time in Rd 6.

The side is good enough to be getting better results, that's the most frustrating part! Can't accept just going out there trying, it's time for them to turn effort into results.

Now, they find themselves precariously placed both a chance to play finals, and a serious chance to get relegated.

Club has done a lot of work off field over the past 10yrs, a lot of people have put in countless hours to try and improve the club from the weekly 30 goal thumpings that were being received - if the club went back to D7 it would certainly hurt.

It's not just senior footy that gets impacted - the reality is, the longer the seniors struggle in the bottom half of D6 or D7, the more it hurts the juniors.. all the good kids end up heading to TTG, Pooraka, Modbury, Golden Grove, Gepps Cross. How many quality kids are currently running around elsewhere?

Whilst as someone who puts money into the club, and is also invested in the juniors I think I have a right to say what I think, and expect, I do accept that my posts on Saturday evenings are not helpful or productive, and I can see how they may project a negative image back on the club and the people involved..

... but accepting mediocrity because the "they try" isn't good enough.

Come on bedge, I tried once and it never got me anywhere
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby wannabe58 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:12 pm

I've noticed over the past month or so that White from the Lakers is not playing. Is he injured or just given up?
wannabe58
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:54 pm

wannabe58 wrote:I've noticed over the past month or so that White from the Lakers is not playing. Is he injured or just given up?

Waikerie
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:38 pm

I would like to sincerely thank the Ingle Farm Football Club for hosting the stream of Paul Manuel’s funeral today. Covid limited the service to 40 people and upstairs at the club around 100 people were able to say goodbye.

It was a sad but important day to pay respects to a great man taken way too soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. The respect shown by those in attendance was a true representation of the love felt for this great man.

RIP Pauly. I hope you are in heaven having a beer and a yarn with your brother
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:46 am

I'm interested to know how people feel about the naming and shaming of coaches and/or players who are suspended for indiscretions as occurred on Adelaide Now last Thursday and The Advertiser last Friday in relation to the umpire abuse suspensions from the weekend before?

Not condoning what happened, but I really don't see what is to be gained by naming individuals in the articles.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:I'm interested to know how people feel about the naming and shaming of coaches and/or players who are suspended for indiscretions as occurred on Adelaide Now last Thursday and The Advertiser last Friday in relation to the umpire abuse suspensions from the weekend before?

Not condoning what happened, but I really don't see what is to be gained by naming individuals in the articles.

are you saying that because one of yours was named? ;)

I actually don't have an issue with it- dont be a hero and you won't get called out for it
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:I'm interested to know how people feel about the naming and shaming of coaches and/or players who are suspended for indiscretions as occurred on Adelaide Now last Thursday and The Advertiser last Friday in relation to the umpire abuse suspensions from the weekend before?

I actually don't have an issue with it- dont be a hero and you won't get called out for it

Not because one of ours was named at all, it just made me stop and think about the value of naming indviduals.
On the basis of your response, would you agree all 6 individuals suspended for the same offence on that weekend should have been named, and the 3 from the week before?
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I tend to agree.

I mean it is a bit unlucky that some suspensions make the media whilst other suspension don't but the simple answer is don't get suspended and its not something you need to worry about.

I also don't mind there being (and it may exist) a one stop online location to see suspensions and how many times a player has been suspended. Is this a thing already???
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:13 pm

JK is making a lot of noise about it on his email to the clubs, he was on the radio Saturday morning about it, I think the AdFL need to be taken seriously as the umpire numbers are declining.

Perhaps if the clubs aren't filtering the importance of the message's through to their members then something needs to be done.

It's not the AdFL's fault that the names are published, we all have access to the tribunal listings and outcomes, perhaps if everyone just shut up and let the people in the correct roles assume the role of speaking to the umpires then it wouldn't be newsworthy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League