I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:If I cooked something overnight in red wine, would I have a BAC reading after eating it?

You would have cooked the alcohol out, I'd imagine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 am

I figured as much.

I had a laugh when I grabbed the bottles, they we're $3.95 and still had a "best served with" notification on the label.

I had a swig after I poured it in, it wasn't the worst flavour I've encountered.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:19 pm

this is potentially my own stupid fault for not paying enough attention but my bank is still charging me 2.95% interest rate.

Surely this is way too high?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Footy Chick wrote:this is potentially my own stupid fault for not paying enough attention but my bank is still charging me 2.95% interest rate.

Yup.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:this is potentially my own stupid fault for not paying enough attention but my bank is still charging me 2.95% interest rate.

On a Home Loan or Credit Card? If its the later you are doing ok ;)

Shoot me a message if you want some advice, its not a horrible rate but you can do better.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:09 pm

I think ours is on the higher side but it's 50/50. Apparently there are a few facilities we have on our account other lenders don't, which makes it worthwhile...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:35 pm

You can get less than 2% for fixed & around 2.25% for variable

Plus you can get $3-5k bonus in the hand

Screw the banks - get the cheapest deal possible
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

they're also slugging me $395 per year for a "breakfree package" which means i'm apparently getting a discount off the normal variable rate. :roll:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Keefy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

they're also slugging me $395 per year for a "breakfree package" which means i'm apparently getting a discount off the normal variable rate. :roll:
With ANZ by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 pm

Keefy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

With ANZ by any chance?

yeah, im thinking this is a waste of money

Footy Chick

Postby Keefy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Keefy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:[quote="Footy Chick"]this is potentially my own stupid fault for not paying enough attention but my bank is still charging me 2.95% interest rate.

With ANZ by any chance?

yeah, im thinking this is a waste of money[/quote]With them too and now that am working again, need to look at our mortgage

Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:05 am

Anyone computer geeks here know how to rectify a small IT issue I'm dealing with?

I've hood my laptop up to a tv using a HDMI cable, the problem I have is that it cuts out the bottom half of my toolbar and basically trims off the edge all round.

It's not generally a big deal but the game we're playing on it atm has necessary icons that run across the bottom and the left hand side of the screen.

I either have to keep looking at the laptop screen (which defeats the purpose) or for now I have just defaulted the screen to centralize, this causes me to lose about two inches all round (And no, I can't really spare two inches).
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone computer geeks here know how to rectify a small IT issue I'm dealing with?

I've hood my laptop up to a tv using a HDMI cable, the problem I have is that it cuts out the bottom half of my toolbar and basically trims off the edge all round.

It's not generally a big deal but the game we're playing on it atm has necessary icons that run across the bottom and the left hand side of the screen.

I either have to keep looking at the laptop screen (which defeats the purpose) or for now I have just defaulted the screen to centralize, this causes me to lose about two inches all round (And no, I can't really spare two inches).

Obvious response - you've tried the display settings and changing the resolution of the screen you're hooked up to?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:25 am

Just about to go into the re-financing process so I'll post some offers we get @Footy Chick @Keefy, literally spoke to my broker last night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:42 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone computer geeks here know how to rectify a small IT issue I'm dealing with?

Obvious response - you've tried the display settings and changing the resolution of the screen you're hooked up to?

Yeah mate, I might be better off trying to use it as a screen two instead of just duplicating the laptop screen, I've been messing with my settings here this morning to try stuff out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:35 am

I called the bank this morning - if i didn't pay breakfree, my interest rate would be 4.3% or something stupid like that. They offered to drop it to 2.85 from 2.95% a saving of $10 per fortnight.

Whoopee!

Footy Chick

Postby JK » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I called the bank this morning - if i didn't pay breakfree, my interest rate would be 4.3% or something stupid like that. They offered to drop it to 2.85 from 2.95% a saving of $10 per fortnight.

Whoopee!

I take the "Advantage Saver" package with BSA annually for $395 which sounds like the same deal as yours. With the discount off home loans and Insurance, it fairly easily pays for itself. (Plus you get movie tickets cheaper or some other shit Ive never bothered looking into). Current rates I'm on with them are %1.98 Fixed and %2.59 variable (which is actually a bit higher than i thought).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:39 pm

JK wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I called the bank this morning - if i didn't pay breakfree, my interest rate would be 4.3% or something stupid like that. They offered to drop it to 2.85 from 2.95% a saving of $10 per fortnight.

Whoopee!

I take the "Advantage Saver" package with BSA annually for $395 which sounds like the same deal as yours. With the discount off home loans and Insurance, it fairly easily pays for itself. (Plus you get movie tickets cheaper or some other shit Ive never bothered looking into). Current rates I'm on with them are %1.98 Fixed and %2.59 variable (which is actually a bit higher than i thought).

Thats about as good as you can get JK with a major bank, there are cheaper deals with the non major's but they are very much online products with little service/relationship behind them.

Ive never fixed in my life, but we just fixed a portion at ANZ for 1.99% for 3 years.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby JK » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:

Whoopee!

Thats about as good as you can get JK with a major bank, there are cheaper deals with the non major's but they are very much online products with little service/relationship behind them.

Ive never fixed in my life, but we just fixed a portion at ANZ for 1.99% for 3 years.

We went through Dom Cassisi's Funding mob so would hope they were fairly competitive. Good mob to deal with actually, very helpful and got us what we were after basically.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:

Whoopee!

hang on, don't you work for NAB? :lol:

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion