LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:04 pm

5th Boags.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:09 pm

4 stouts at time of questioning. I suspect 5+ now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:Nearest the pin :

What he's drinking

How many he's had

I've got an answer.

Bum Crack Lotto: Nearest to the hole!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Beating me, I'm just ony 3rd pale.
Going down a treat when they're free though. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Cathederal?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:Cathederal?

Nowhere yet.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:41 pm

Hey everyone just after some advice about 2 cars I am looking at to buy- a 2016 Nissan X-Trail or a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Last Wednesday I was heading home from work and was involved in a 4 car collision on the Elder Smith Road train bridge. The front car broke suddenly as we were coming down the bridge and all 3 of us behind (I was the last car in line) drove into and hit each other, we were going about 45/50kmh. I slammed on my brakes but it was too late as I slid into the car in front of me. The front of my old 2014 X-Trail was obliterated and I was notified by my insurance that it would be a total loss after making my claim, sorting it quickly I will receive the settlement next week.

Fortunately no one was injured in the collision but I'm still pretty f**king devastated I've lost my car out of it, not that I'm a big car person but my X-Trail was a great car and I would of had it for as long as possible! I see collisions every week around the Elder Smith Road, Mawson Lakes Blvd, Salisbury Highway area as I commute to and from work and unfortunately I became part of another one.

At the moment I have a hire car and have to return it next Thursday. Over the last week I've been looking at and enquiring cars to buy and I found 2 I like, worked out a deal for both and have to decide between the 2. (My budget is $25,000)
2016 X-Trail, 40,395 kms, $24,800 driveaway
2015 Outlander, 61,261 kms, $24,500 driveaway

I test drove the Outlander yesterday and will test drive the X-Trail tomorrow before I make my decision.

Ideally I'd just replace what I had but the Outlander is a good option, it's best selling point for me is that it has Map Navigation.

Just would like to know people's advice and opinions on the 2 options.

T.I.A
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:At the moment I have a hire car and have to return it next Thursday. Over the last week I've been looking at and enquiring cars to buy and I found 2 I like, worked out a deal for both and have to decide between the 2. (My budget is $25,000)

Outlander sounds like overs for the year and KM's. I picked up a 2018 Outlander with 15,000k for $30k a few months back.

I must say, as far as comfort goes, have been very happy with the purchase. Toyota Kluger was formerly my favourite car, but the Outlander isn't far behind. Little slow on take off but that's ok i'm not in a rush.

I have heard good things about the X-Trail also - and considered going down this path.

Sorry i'm not much more help.. but if i were you, i'd be looking at a later model with lower k's for $25k - i'm sure you can find something suitable.. $25 is a fair amount of money.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 pm

I have a 2018 X-Trail and it does the job, have done 40k on it and 2 trips to Melbourne, its middle of the range and thats all I need as Im not a car person.

While talking cars, my work car was just changed over and Ive got a new Rav4 Hybrid, probably the best car Ive ever driven.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 pm

For only a few extra grand you can pick up a brand new one (base models) and get all of the new car benefits.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby MW » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Armchair expert wrote:For only a few extra grand you can pick up a brand new one (base models) and get all of the new car benefits.

A mate of mine got a brand new Outlander at the start of 2020 (before the pandemic hit) for $34k drive away with a few extras (wheels, tinting etc). Reckon equivalent would be heaps more now.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Armchair expert wrote:For only a few extra grand you can pick up a brand new one (base models) and get all of the new car benefits.

Including a potential better interest rate depending on who you go through if that’s what your doing, could end being much of an overall cost difference.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:At the moment I have a hire car and have to return it next Thursday. Over the last week I've been looking at and enquiring cars to buy and I found 2 I like, worked out a deal for both and have to decide between the 2. (My budget is $25,000)

Outlander sounds like overs for the year and KM's. I picked up a 2018 Outlander with 15,000k for $30k a few months back.

I must say, as far as comfort goes, have been very happy with the purchase. Toyota Kluger was formerly my favourite car, but the Outlander isn't far behind. Little slow on take off but that's ok i'm not in a rush.

I have heard good things about the X-Trail also - and considered going down this path.

Sorry i'm not much more help.. but if i were you, i'd be looking at a later model with lower k's for $25k - i'm sure you can find something suitable.. $25 is a fair amount of money.
Thanks for the input Bedge, appreciate it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:I have a 2018 X-Trail and it does the job, have done 40k on it and 2 trips to Melbourne, its middle of the range and thats all I need as Im not a car person.

While talking cars, my work car was just changed over and Ive got a new Rav4 Hybrid, probably the best car Ive ever driven.
Sounds like you have a good car Dutchy, pretty much how I felt about my X-Trail.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:40 pm

whufc wrote:

Including a potential better interest rate depending on who you go through if that’s what your doing, could end being much of an overall cost difference.

I'm not going with finance/a car loan and I'm staying within my budget.
I've got the 2 cars available so now it's just about deciding between the two tomorrow.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:25 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:

I've got the 2 cars available so now it's just about deciding between the two tomorrow.

Never buy brand new (unless you can write it off on tax), always buy demo

Mitsubishi's are more expensive to insure and seem to lose most of their value in the first 5 years v's the residual value of a nissan.

Go with what you know my friend. Really, if you need sat nav in Adelaide, you're either foreign or a chump.... and I know you're neither :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:

Mitsubishi's are more expensive to insure and seem to lose most of their value in the first 5 years v's the residual value of a nissan.

Go with what you know my friend. Really, if you need sat nav in Adelaide, you're either foreign or a chump.... and I know you're neither [emoji38]

Fair enough, thanks for the information FC and yeah with anything in my life I go with/stick with what I know.
And yes I agree haha!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Keefy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:[quote="Armchair expert"]For only a few extra grand you can pick up a brand new one (base models) and get all of the new car benefits.

Go with what you know my friend. Really, if you need sat nav in Adelaide, you're either foreign or a chump.... and I know you're neither [emoji38]

Fair enough, thanks for the information FC and yeah with anything in my life I go with/stick with what I know.
And yes I agree haha![/quote]Well you should know your way around the burbs given how far you travel on Saturday's for sport

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 pm

Keefy wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:[quote="whufc"][quote="Armchair expert"]For only a few extra grand you can pick up a brand new one (base models) and get all of the new car benefits.

And yes I agree haha![/quote]Well you should know your way around the burbs given how far you travel on Saturday's for sport

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk[/quote]Exactly right mate!
From Coromandel, Hawthorndene, Belair and Port Noarlunga during the summer to Modbury and Golden Grove during winter and I've done it for awhile now. I've always used sporting grounds as a way to get my sense of direction.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion