Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2021

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Agreed, plenty of upside but it has to be a concern when your only forward who is a danger and looks to be week in week out is 31.

McAdam and Fogarty get by on 8 touches and 2 goals every time they look like getting dropped while Frampton is no good and Himmelberg can't work out if he is or not.

When they should pat Walker on the back and give him a gold watch they now have to get 2 more years out of him and hope his form remains as good as this year.

They've at least worked out it's worth spending time on Hamill, Schoenberg, Butts, Murray, McPherson, Sholl who all look more than capable to help out Doedee and Thilthorpe ( looks a player, doesn't he? ) at each end.

With Walker's form they can cut Lynch loose who is out of contract, Talia is too and might struggle for a deal and they'd be mad to sign Crouch to another deal, he also is out of contract. Let him walk.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:15 pm

Booney wrote: Thilthorpe ( looks a player, doesn't he?.

Real Bruce McAvaney moment there, wouldn't you agree? :)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:17 pm

Oooh we got a review on a bye week. The fans down the boulevard should feel privileged [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:17 pm

Booney wrote:Agreed, plenty of upside but it has to be a concern when your only forward who is a danger and looks to be week in week out is 31.

McAdam and Fogarty get by on 8 touches and 2 goals every time they look like getting dropped while Frampton is no good and Himmelberg can't work out if he is or not.

When they should pat Walker on the back and give him a gold watch they now have to get 2 more years out of him and hope his form remains as good as this year.

They've at least worked out it's worth spending time on Hamill, Schoenberg, Butts, Murray, McPherson, Sholl who all look more than capable to help out Doedee and Thilthorpe ( looks a player, doesn't he? ) at each end.

With Walker's form they can cut Lynch loose who is out of contract, Talia is too and might struggle for a deal and they'd be mad to sign Crouch to another deal, he also is out of contract. Let him walk.

I like Sholl and Keays, Laird is just brilliant, but they are relying heavily on ageing players.

Seedsman is going well but nearing 30, Brodie Smith is up and down and then they have Sloane with the massive ticker.

To me, they are in front of where I would've had them at this point of time with the list they have.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote: Thilthorpe ( looks a player, doesn't he?.

Real Bruce McAvaney moment there, wouldn't you agree? :)

Delicious.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Agreed, plenty of upside but it has to be a concern when your only forward who is a danger and looks to be week in week out is 31.

I like Sholl and Keays, Laird is just brilliant, but they are relying heavily on ageing players.

Seedsman is going well but nearing 30, Brodie Smith is up and down and then they have Sloane with the massive ticker.

To me, they are in front of where I would've had them at this point of time with the list they have.

Keays? Tries his guts out and given where Adelaide is at they love that and rightly so, all they can demand at the moment is effort but he's a fair dinkum plodder when there's any pressure around, his disposal is ordinary at best. He'll do a job for them for a few years but while he's in the side they're not going too far too fast.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Booney wrote:
Keays? Tries his guts out and given where Adelaide is at they love that and rightly so, all they can demand at the moment is effort but he's a fair dinkum plodder when there's any pressure around, his disposal is ordinary at best. He'll do a job for them for a few years but while he's in the side they're not going too far too fast.

He looks good on the radio and scores very well in SC which generally rewards effective output.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

He looks good on the radio and scores very well in SC which generally rewards effective output.

Agreed. Busts his guts, but panics in big moments.
He might improve after getting more games under his belt.....maybe?
Laird is bloody brilliant.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Booney wrote:Keays? Tries his guts out and given where Adelaide is at they love that and rightly so, all they can demand at the moment is effort but he's a fair dinkum plodder when there's any pressure around, his disposal is ordinary at best. He'll do a job for them for a few years but while he's in the side they're not going too far too fast.

Jack Dyer said it best, "He's a good ordinary footballer"

You cant deny his effort and work rate
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Keays? Tries his guts out and given where Adelaide is at they love that and rightly so, all they can demand at the moment is effort but he's a fair dinkum plodder when there's any pressure around, his disposal is ordinary at best. He'll do a job for them for a few years but while he's in the side they're not going too far too fast.

Jack Dyer said it best, "He's a good ordinary footballer"

You cant deny his effort and work rate

Certainly not, a few of his mates in the forward half should get shown his tapes every Monday morning.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah he's no Wines or SPP is he :roll:
Without looking up the stats i would bet he's more efficient than either of them by foot
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:17 pm

Kicking efficiency

SPP 60.5%
Wines 51%
Keays 50%

Now, can we discuss one thing without entering a dick measuring contest? If you want to discuss Port in the Port thread, pop over. We were discussing Adelaide, that cool?

Ps you win. Easily the biggest. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:13 pm

Booney wrote:Kicking efficiency

SPP 60.5%
Wines 51%
Keays 50%

Now, can we discuss one thing without entering a dick measuring contest? If you want to discuss Port in the Port thread, pop over. We were discussing Adelaide, that cool?

I'm gonna flop mine out...

Disposal efficiency career avg

SPP 67%
Wines 66%
Keays 70%
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Silvers very impressive in copping the fine on the chin, credit where it is due, Im not sure the previous CEO would have handled it this well.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:03 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Kicking efficiency

SPP 60.5%
Wines 51%
Keays 50%

I'm gonna flop mine out...

Disposal efficiency career avg

SPP 67%
Wines 66%
Keays 70%

Last edited by Booney on Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:04 am

Stats don't lie!

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:07 am

To me the kicking efficiency stat is such as useless one when not given some perspective or surrounded by other stats.

Take a look at the below link of most efficient kicks in the league.....the top 15 includes, Ryan, Howard, Henderson, Ziebell, Alir, Lloyd, Ridley, Stewart, Jonas, Daniel. What do they all have in common, defenders who are generally kicking 15-25m sidewards around the arc looking to open up play. Start getting to the 20-30's and you get even more defenders in the vein of May, Docherty, Jiath, Birchall, Rich.

Each team would have its own players given a license to take on the inboard or riskier kick, whilst others would be told kick long to a pack eg most ruckmen. Certain players would be taking a lot more kicks inside 50 which I think most would agree is the least efficient kick in the game with teams having so many players drop deep.

I mean even think if you are team winning games potentially you are 'patting' time especially late in games making easy kicks etc whilst if you are a team chasing games you might be spending the last quarter taking on massive risks.

I think unless you start combining the efficient stat with metres gained, goal scoring involvements, clearances (given they will generally be less efficient) than the stat is so pointless.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/20/ ... n-the-afl/
Last edited by whufc on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:08 am

whufc wrote:To me the kicking efficiency stat is such as useless one when not given some perspective or surrounded by other stats.

Take a look at the below link of most efficient kicks in the league.....the top 15 includes, Ryan, Howard, Henderson, Ziebell, Alir, Lloyd, Ridley, Stewart, Jonas, Daniel. What do they all have in common, defenders who are generally kicking 15-25m sidewards around the arc looking to open up play.

Each team would have its own players given a license to take on the inboard or riskier kick, whilst others would be told kick long to a pack eg most ruckmen. Certain players would be taking a lot more kicks inside 50 which I think most would agree is the least efficient kick in the game with teams having so many players drop deep.

I think unless you start combining the efficient stat with metres gained, goal scoring involvements, clearances (given they will generally be less efficient) than the stat is so pointless.

Honestly... don't bring common sense into the argument, it ruins it for everyone[emoji3]

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:11 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
whufc wrote:To me the kicking efficiency stat is such as useless one when not given some perspective or surrounded by other stats.

Take a look at the below link of most efficient kicks in the league.....the top 15 includes, Ryan, Howard, Henderson, Ziebell, Alir, Lloyd, Ridley, Stewart, Jonas, Daniel. What do they all have in common, defenders who are generally kicking 15-25m sidewards around the arc looking to open up play.

Honestly... don't bring common sense into the argument, it ruins it for everyone[emoji3]

The only stat that really matters is the scoreboard in the GF! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:13 am

Take a look at the below link of most efficient kicks in the league.....the top 15 includes, Ryan, Howard, Henderson, Ziebell, Alir, Lloyd, Ridley, Stewart, Jonas, Daniel. What do they all have in common, defenders who are generally kicking 15-25m sidewards around the arc looking to open up play. Start getting to the 20-30's and you get even more defenders in the vein of May, Docherty, Jiath, Birchall, Rich.

You mean the position they play impacts how effective their disposals would be? NO WAY!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL