R7 West v WWT Saturday 1310

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R7 West v WWT Saturday 1310

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat May 22, 2021 8:15 pm

I reckon we have unearthed another young talent - Beecken. Played a very good game.

How do you pick 'best' when the team wins by 100 points? A case of all played well.

Only downer was Lonergan going down with injury AGAIN! I don't think he has every played more than 3-4 games in a row for us !!!!
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby stampy » Sat May 22, 2021 9:28 pm

am Bays wrote:Surely Josh Koster gets a recall for Westies to provide some outside run and forward pressure.

quit as we all know
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby ferret » Sun May 23, 2021 9:52 am

Mr Fuller wrote:I reckon we have unearthed another young talent - Beecken. Played a very good game.

How do you pick 'best' when the team wins by 100 points? A case of all played well.

Only downer was Lonergan going down with injury AGAIN! I don't think he has every played more than 3-4 games in a row for us !!!!

Luke Beecken has been on the radar for a while now. Carefully nurtured by the club and now being nicely polished by the senior coach.
With three senior players coming in to the league team our coach held to his belief that Beecken has excellent potential and kept him in the team. The club and coach were well rewarded, an added bonus was two nice goals.
As it turned out, it was a good game to bring back Kobe Mutch and Dane McFarlane after missing a fair bit of footy through injury, it helped them find touch and get used to the team system.
Really loved the insertion of Ben Jungfer in to the middle during the second quarter, his strong body work and fearless desperation for the ball helped in getting numerous clearances. Is Jungfer's mid field sorties a part of the future in case Riley Knight is redrafted or just a progression in his football development?
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun May 23, 2021 12:29 pm

ferret wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:I reckon we have unearthed another young talent - Beecken. Played a very good game.

Luke Beecken has been on the radar for a while now. Carefully nurtured by the club and now being nicely polished by the senior coach.
With three senior players coming in to the league team our coach held to his belief that Beecken has excellent potential and kept him in the team. The club and coach were well rewarded, an added bonus was two nice goals.
As it turned out, it was a good game to bring back Kobe Mutch and Dane McFarlane after missing a fair bit of footy through injury, it helped them find touch and get used to the team system.
Really loved the insertion of Ben Jungfer in to the middle during the second quarter, his strong body work and fearless desperation for the ball helped in getting numerous clearances. Is Jungfer's mid field sorties a part of the future in case Riley Knight is redrafted or just a progression in his football development?

Was Beecken in the State U18 Squad two years ago? I seem to remember him getting asked to attend a pre-draft screening.

Very good disposal with good mobility. Slotted very well onto our half back line but would be interesting to see how he goes on the wing at some point although it would be tough to see him breaking in there.

You may be right about Jungfer being tested in the midfield . Clearly he won't be able to replicate what Knight is doing for us in the midfield but love his attack on the ball.

If Knight stays with us instead of getting drafted mid-season he'd have to be one of the lead contenders for the Magarey at this point
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby ferret » Sun May 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Unsure if Luke Beecken was in the state U18s a couple of years ago but could have been because he was a part of our U18 premiership a couple of seasons ago. His cousin who plays at Glenelg is in the current U18 squad and is tipped to get drafted. They are the grandsons of John Condon the former Roosters and Crows administrator.
It is great to see our juniors getting a go, although we lose many to the draft the evolution of our second tier juniors makes sure we continue as a power.
It would be hard to find a more consistent and competitive club over the last thirty years.
ferret
Reserves

Postby schimma » Mon May 24, 2021 9:03 am

Only negative on the day was the fact they ran out of 150 lashes by Qtr time and was forced to drink West End. Oh also lonegan inj again.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 am

Not sure where to put this but out of curiosity what were Eagles fans thoughts on Issac Moller and Joe Heinjus...…….Issac in particular having a blinding season in the Mid North leading the goal scoring with ease.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby ferret » Mon May 24, 2021 12:06 pm

whufc wrote:Not sure where to put this but out of curiosity what were Eagles fans thoughts on Issac Moller and Joe Heinjus...…….Issac in particular having a blinding season in the Mid North leading the goal scoring with ease.

I think you might have mentioned Isaac Moller previously. I remember him playing a few reserves games, one in particular against Norwood where he kicked seven goals. Looked very promising, but got badly injured and just couldn't get back to playing at a reasonable level. I have noticed his name appearing in mid north games but don't know the quality of his football. The club appears to have moved on from him. Joe Heinjus was a steady reserves player, played a couple of league games, didn't set the league on fire. I think he chose to leave and play with his brothers. Don't think he would have made it as a regular league player at the Eagles.
ferret
Reserves

Postby whufc » Mon May 24, 2021 12:12 pm

ferret wrote:
whufc wrote:Not sure where to put this but out of curiosity what were Eagles fans thoughts on Issac Moller and Joe Heinjus...…….Issac in particular having a blinding season in the Mid North leading the goal scoring with ease.

I think you might have mentioned Isaac Moller previously. I remember him playing a few reserves games, one in particular against Norwood where he kicked seven goals. Looked very promising, but got badly injured and just couldn't get back to playing at a reasonable level. I have noticed his name appearing in mid north games but don't know the quality of his football. The club appears to have moved on from him. Joe Heinjus was a steady reserves player, played a couple of league games, didn't set the league on fire. I think he chose to leave and play with his brothers. Don't think he would have made it as a regular league player at the Eagles.

Cheers mate, yeah Isacc had some bad injuries and then also the dreaded OP.

It seemed to all coincide with a massive growth spurt he had......now has been injury free for a couple of years and is dominating.

I'm wondering if he will have one more crack at SANFL level especially given he lives in Adelaide still.

Cheers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby ferret » Mon May 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Thanks for that. The club might look at inviting him to pre-season in 2022.
ferret
Reserves

Postby Aerie » Tue May 25, 2021 6:33 pm

Good percentage boost for the Eagles. A big game coming up against Norwood this weekend - need to be in the top 3 and I reckon North will make a charge for the 5 at some point (look at their percentage).
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL