R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

Postby DOC » Thu May 06, 2021 9:17 am

Hard to tell if Centrals will regain any from injury, Norwood have a healthy list,

Centrals had another goaless half last week but 11 behinds says the ball was there enough.

Norwood got the job done last week in a low scoring affair.

Toss of the coin. Centrals by a goal.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

Postby southernbulldog » Thu May 06, 2021 10:16 am

We are on the right track just need to be more consistent and score goals we are getting enough of the ball.Connor McLean could be back after missing last week with concussion .We had our best win of the season last year beating Norwood hopefully we can do it again.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 10:37 am

southernbulldog wrote:We are on the right track just need to be more consistent and score goals we are getting enough of the ball.Connor McLean could be back after missing last week with concussion .We had our best win of the season last year beating Norwood hopefully we can do it again.

Do you honestly think that.

Hate to admit it but apart from one game I don't think I've seen anything the resembles improvement on what we have seen the last few years. So far it seems to be a carbon copy of our last 5 years.

-Complete fade outs for half of games
-Go long periods without scoring
-Midget defence
-Constantly hampered by injuries.
-Reliance on two few players
-Moments of brilliance that keep up hanging for more.

The only very small positive I could see is that without looking at the stats this years team is slightly younger than last years.

If this was Andrews second year and not Thommo's first I reckon the critism of the current performances would be a hell of a lot stronger.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm

whufc wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:We are on the right track just need to be more consistent and score goals we are getting enough of the ball.Connor McLean could be back after missing last week with concussion .We had our best win of the season last year beating Norwood hopefully we can do it again.

Hate to admit it but apart from one game I don't think I've seen anything the resembles improvement on what we have seen the last few years. So far it seems to be a carbon copy of our last 5 years.

-Complete fade outs for half of games, we've had one.
-Go long periods without scoring, we've scored higher scores so far this year.
-Midget defence, it is what it is.
-Constantly hampered by injuries. happens to every team.
-Reliance on two few players, Presbury has had a break out season, Grant up front has been great.
-Moments of brilliance that keep up hanging for more. Practice makes perfect, we're travelling better this year than the last one.

The only very small positive I could see is that without looking at the stats this years team is slightly younger than last years.

If this was Andrews second year and not Thommo's first I reckon the critism of the current performances would be a hell of a lot stronger.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 12:56 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:

-Reliance on two few players, Presbury has had a break out season, Grant up front has been great.
-Moments of brilliance that keep up hanging for more. Practice makes perfect, we're travelling better this year than the last one.

One!!!!!!

Port Adelaide- Second half score 0 goals despite scoring 7 in the first half.
Glenelg- Scored 1 goal in the first half.
West Adelaide- Second half scored 0 goals despite scoring 8 in the first half.

That's 3/5 performances and as bad as its even been for us in the last ten years. Those three halves of footy are absolutely horrific.
whufc
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Thu May 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Although very disappointed about the result, I wouldn't call the second half against West a fadeout. We had as much of the ball and more Inside 50's; we just couldn't convert into goals, despite having 11 scoring shots. If we had someone tall up forward, it could have been a different story.

Yes, we definitely had poor halfs against Glenelg and Port. However, we won't be the only team to do this. Even the Eagles struggled against Port, even more than we did.

I think the effort is there from the boys, it is just that we definitely don't have the cattle. Unfortunately this doesn't leave me very confident about more wins later in the season; it is possible to increase effort but it isn't possible to get better cattle at this stage of the season.

Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Although very disappointed about the result, I wouldn't call the second half against West a fadeout. We had as much of the ball and more Inside 50's; we just couldn't convert into goals, despite having 11 scoring shots. If we had someone tall up forward, it could have been a different story.

Yes, we definitely had poor halfs against Glenelg and Port. However, we won't be the only team to do this. Even the Eagles struggled against Port, even more than we did.

I think the effort is there from the boys, it is just that we definitely don't have the cattle. Unfortunately this doesn't leave me very confident about more wins later in the season; it is possible to increase effort but it isn't possible to get better cattle at this stage of the season.

Cheers

Your very kind if you think a no goal half is not a fadeout.

I should have also said as well we have gone from having a top of the table reserves side to now one that is currently in 7th. You could argue not only our performances on field as bad as ever we have less depth than we previously had as well.

The last 3 weeks have really killed my optimism...…..im borderline groucho :D Keeping in mind the club were publically talking top 3 potential.

Ps I currently play with bucket Mackenzies brother and despite being about 40 boy can he play.....would probably get a league gig with us... :D
whufc
Coach

Postby stampy » Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 pm

legs to knock off the 2021 woodenspooners
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby bulldogproud » Thu May 06, 2021 2:05 pm

whufc wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Although very disappointed about the result, I wouldn't call the second half against West a fadeout. We had as much of the ball and more Inside 50's; we just couldn't convert into goals, despite having 11 scoring shots. If we had someone tall up forward, it could have been a different story.

Cheers

I should have also said as well we have gone from having a top of the table reserves side to now one that is currently in 7th. You could argue not only our performances on field as bad as ever we have less depth than we previously had as well.

The last 3 weeks have really killed my optimism...…..im borderline groucho :D Keeping in mind the club were publically talking top 3 potential.

Ps I currently play with bucket Mackenzies brother and despite being about 40 boy can he play.....would probably get a league gig with us... :D

I don't call it a fadeout when you have more possessions, more Inside 50's and as many scoring shots in a half as your opponents, no.

Re the Reserves, it may not be as bad as it looks. The anomoly of the draw means that we have played West and Glenelg twice (despite only having had five rounds so far). Glenelg are unbeaten and have doubled their opponents' score in most matches. The only matches that West have lost to have been to Glenelg and to us (we are one-all, having beaten them on their home deck convincingly last week). We may indeed be the second best team in the Reserves; we will only know after we have played all sides (rather than just three).

Perhaps ask if Bucket's brother would like to play for us... extra height would certainly help.

Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby southernbulldog » Thu May 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Obviously i have no idea
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 3:11 pm

Some interesting perspective.

North Melbourne are probably considered the laughing stock of the football world at present.

So far this season they have had 3 goalless quarters out of the 28 they have played.

We have had 5 goalless quarters out of 20 :shock: :shock:
Last edited by whufc on Thu May 06, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 3:14 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
whufc wrote:

Cheers

I don't call it a fadeout when you have more possessions, more Inside 50's and as many scoring shots in a half as your opponents, no.

Re the Reserves, it may not be as bad as it looks. The anomoly of the draw means that we have played West and Glenelg twice (despite only having had five rounds so far). Glenelg are unbeaten and have doubled their opponents' score in most matches. The only matches that West have lost to have been to Glenelg and to us (we are one-all, having beaten them on their home deck convincingly last week). We may indeed be the second best team in the Reserves; we will only know after we have played all sides (rather than just three).

Perhaps ask if Bucket's brother would like to play for us... extra height would certainly help.

Cheers

Is that not even more damming then that you can have an entire half without a goal when your not having a fadeout......
whufc
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 pm

If we didn't have 11 scoring shots at that time, I would fully agree with you. However, the effort was there from the boys. It was just that we ended up being somewhat indirect and taking shots from a long way out or on tough angles in most cases. Aidan probably had his quietest game for the season (he had a very tough opponent) and we definitely missed a tall forward option who could take grabs closer to goal, giving us better opportunities to convert.

Sadly, I don't see a solution to this problem. If Grace is blanketed and Hosko is not kicking goals, I can't see where we will get them from. Rather, we end up having attempts from 40 or 50 metres out on tough angles. This is a key area where Butch was so important to us last year. I don't see any player at the club (maybe Marcus Barreau will grow into this role?) at the moment who can be relied upon to take pack marks up forward and assist Aidan. Aidan does incredibly well for his height, just quietly.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 4:41 pm

bulldogproud wrote:If we didn't have 11 scoring shots at that time, I would fully agree with you. However, the effort was there from the boys. It was just that we ended up being somewhat indirect and taking shots from a long way out or on tough angles in most cases. Aidan probably had his quietest game for the season (he had a very tough opponent) and we definitely missed a tall forward option who could take grabs closer to goal, giving us better opportunities to convert.

Sadly, I don't see a solution to this problem. If Grace is blanketed and Hosko is not kicking goals, I can't see where we will get them from. Rather, we end up having attempts from 40 or 50 metres out on tough angles. This is a key area where Butch was so important to us last year. I don't see any player at the club (maybe Marcus Barreau will grow into this role?) at the moment who can be relied upon to take pack marks up forward and assist Aidan. Aidan does incredibly well for his height, just quietly.

I will admit from what I've seen watching games on the digital pass the effort is there. I definitely wont critise the guys for not having a crack, they are trying their absolute best.
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 06, 2021 5:08 pm

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:

One!!!!!!

Port Adelaide- Second half score 0 goals despite scoring 7 in the first half.
Glenelg- Scored 1 goal in the first half.
West Adelaide- Second half scored 0 goals despite scoring 8 in the first half.

That's 3/5 performances and as bad as its even been for us in the last ten years. Those three halves of footy are absolutely horrific.

The West game was different, we had more inside 50's, we just kicked shit.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby tnt » Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 pm

whufc wrote:Some interesting perspective.

North Melbourne are probably considered the laughing stock of the football world at present.

So far this season they have had 3 goalless quarters out of the 28 they have played.

We have had 5 goalless quarters out of 20 :shock: :shock:

Norwood have had 5 goalless quarters in the past 3 games as well
tnt
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Brucetiki » Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Given the propensity of both sides having goalless quarters this season, shall we just call it a goalless draw :D
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 06, 2021 6:07 pm

see you there boyos. If you see a scruffy loking Norwood fan with a limP then thats me. Come over and say hello and buy me beer ha ha. Going to my first Norwood game for 16 years and not confident of a win at the Ponderossa just want to see the legs. Looking at the comments from Dog fans it seems they like fading out of matches, well thats just like us so i might as well **** off at Lemon time seeing as i have a gig at Edwardstown that night.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mal » Thu May 06, 2021 6:40 pm

16 years is a long time

Nowrebwood had to play Central Disgazzamagootricts twice at Elizabeth Oval in 2005

CD 14-12
NW 6-8

CD 15-9
NW 12-13

I think the team with a red colour and a blue colour can get premiership points in this match
So Im tipping a DRAW
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby DOC » Thu May 06, 2021 8:13 pm

CENTRAL

Central will make at least one change for its vital contest against Norwood at X Convenience Oval.

Key forward Connor Mclean has been named in the forward pocket as the Dogs look to stretch the Redlegs’ defence.

Mclean replaces Rhys Cannizzaro, who has been relegated to the Reserves.

Experienced pair Ben Nason and David Haydon have been included on the six-man extended interchange bench.

League

F: Graham, Hoskin, Mclean

HF: Dahms, Grace, Olsson

C: East, J. Schiller, Barreau

HB: Morton, Presbury, Weaver

B: Fort, Patterson, Neagle

R: Marsh, J. Kelly, T. Schiller

INT: Dew, Grant, Habel, Haydon, Nason, D. Pisani

IN: Haydon, Mclean, Nason

OUT: Cannizzaro

Reserves
Nason, Sutton, Price, Gillard, Richard, Cannizzaro, Shaw, Cowham, Lange, S. Linke, McKelvie, O’Brien, Iles, Tidswell, Di Stefano, Alleer, Thomson, Grubb, McCabe, Haydon, Tippins, Kennedy, De Jonge

Under-18
Ross, Dudley, Vidal, Wilson, Poulton, Haynes, Wall, Hahn, Kohlhagen, Copperstone, Clements, Reed, Balkwill, Krieg, Pyman, Nelson, Carreno, T. Linke, Matz, Evans, Borlace, McDonald, Akur, Tuck

NORWOOD

Norwood’s Magarey Medallist Mitch Grigg has been named on the extended interchange for the clash with Central at X Convenience Oval.

Collecting 20 disposals and a goal in the Reserves last round, the former Crow is one of three inclusions on the seven-man extended bench.

Defender Mac Bower and possible debutant Matt Vardanega (22, 186cm and 83kg) are also in the mix to be selected in the final 22 to face the Bulldogs.

League

F: Hamilton, Callow, Tranfa

HF: Shenton, Boyd, Nelligan

C: McKenzie, Douglas, Rokahr

HB: Saywell, Ball, B. Carroll

B: J. Heard, Collins, Pedro

R: Knoll, Kennerley, Nunn

INT: Wilkins, Grigg, Puopolo, Vardanega, Gerloff, Spence, Bower

IN: Vardanega, Grigg, Bower

NEW: Matt Vardenaga (Canberra Demons)

Reserves
Z. Richards, Bampton, Talia, Grigg, Martin, Bower, Larkins, Puopolo, Vardanega, Cotter, Pascoe, Wilkins, Barnett, Wagner, Hearing, Fairbrother, Gerloff, F. Heard, Cavallaro, Binder, Chandler, Spence, Schwerdt, Morris, Trepka, Roberts, M. Carroll

Under-18
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL