IPL

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: IPL

Postby Trader » Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:

and Warner continues to show how much of a flog he is with an instragram post of a letter from his daughter begging him to come home now, wonder if that would have surfaced if they were still playing, one thinks Not

I guess they don't miss him when it's just a normal tour?

Secondly, what's their fascination with the letter "I"? 3 kids, 3 girls, all beginning with the letter "I".

Insert joke about every sentence davy says starts with 'i' so it naturally followed when he was asked what to name the kids.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 am

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:

and Warner continues to show how much of a flog he is with an instragram post of a letter from his daughter begging him to come home now, wonder if that would have surfaced if they were still playing, one thinks Not

Secondly, what's their fascination with the letter "I"? 3 kids, 3 girls, all beginning with the letter "I".

Insert joke about every sentence davy says starts with 'i' so it naturally followed when he was asked what to name the kids.

That deserves a double "like", you're not just a hat rack aren't you!! :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 05, 2021 10:36 am

locky801 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Mr Cricket has tested positive

is it him or his brother, know David was over there but didn't think Mr Cricket was

Both Hussey's are over there.

I don't like Warner but why is he a flog for posting something his daughter did for him? He hasn't whinged or complained (unlike Slater) and they have said they will wait until they are allowed to return home, more people falling for clickbait! :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby RB » Wed May 05, 2021 11:28 am

Dutchy wrote:Both Hussey's are over there.

Should the plural be Hussies?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby locky801 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Mr Cricket has tested positive

is it him or his brother, know David was over there but didn't think Mr Cricket was

Both Hussey's are over there.

I don't like Warner but why is he a flog for posting something his daughter did for him? He hasn't whinged or complained (unlike Slater) and they have said they will wait until they are allowed to return home, more people falling for clickbait! :roll:

simple really, bet he wouldnt have posted it if they were still there playing
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Its just absolute rubbish that they are not allowed to come home, WTF do we have hotel quarantine then?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 am

Gozu wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Michael Slater saying the Government has blood on it's hands for not letting Australian's return from India.

Here's an idea, don't f*ck off to one of the most impoverished nations on earth to commentate on some cricket when the world is in the midst of a global pandemic. Stiff shit, I say.

He's given it "It's what I do for a living", I don't reckon you need the coin that bad little man.
Australians can return from India, just have to spend 14 days in another country first. Slater is sitting at a resort in the Maldives for 2 weeks and will return home after that

#prayforslats
That's the thing now, they are spending some time in the Maldives before returning home, yeah I get it is at there cost but the coin they are taking back from the IPL it really is a small price.

As Booney said it was pretty clear to all how India were going l and the BCCI only pushed on with this due to the $$$ involved, they probably knew it would all come unstuck at some point but $$$.

Anyway the travel ban is lifted in the 15 th or they spend 14 days in the Maldives.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 06, 2021 9:19 am

daysofourlives wrote:Its just absolute rubbish that they are not allowed to come home, WTF do we have hotel quarantine then?

We've banned "ALL" return travelers from India, you can't just let some in and not others just because they play sport.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 am

daysofourlives wrote:Its just absolute rubbish that they are not allowed to come home, WTF do we have hotel quarantine then?

Don't keep up?

The likely hood of the hotel system being inundated with positive cases increases the risk of transmission into the community and potential burden on the health care system. He chose to leave, f*ck him.

Like someone said, it's like going to war and complaining about being shot at. Don't have to be very smart to work out it was a stupid idea to go to India.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Trader » Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 am

Lets not forget they got special treatment already when they were given the heads up the ban was coming. Hence the 4 that did the right thing and came home as soon as they were warned.

And as for these comments about them being 'trapped' in india, no they aren't, they just can't come here. They are free to go to a number of other locations.
the guy who is now taking the government to court, he's been there for 14 months! This isn't someone who had to go there on short notice and can't get home, he bloody lives there!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:09 am

Warner had $2.186m (less 15% tax) reasons to risk it.

That should get him a nice 14 day holiday somewhere before he rushes home (in 1st class) to his distraught daughter
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:27 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Warner had $2.186m (less 15% tax) reasons to risk it.

That should get him a nice 14 day holiday somewhere before he rushes home (in 1st class) to his distraught daughter
Not much chance of a flight in 1st class to Australia currently, he will have to settle for Business class :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:32 am

Jim05 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Warner had $2.186m (less 15% tax) reasons to risk it.

Not much chance of a flight in 1st class to Australia currently, he will have to settle for Business class :)

No wonder he's going troppo!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby tnt » Thu May 06, 2021 11:50 am

Not much chance the T20 World Cup will go ahead in India now as well.
tnt
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:54 am

tnt wrote:Not much chance the T20 World Cup will go ahead in India now as well.

You would have to wonder about the Olympics as well

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-16/ ... /100072454

:lol:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56978075
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 12:04 pm

These cricketers are really pissing me off with their attitudes.

They went over there to chase the millions, the risk in India was always huge. The gamble hasn't paid off, but at least their not stuck sitting in the slums instead stuck in five star hotels, stuck in Maldives, drinking, netflixing, gambling all day every day.

The fact they think they are so hard done by is the pinnacle of arrogance and entailment. I'm at a point these days were I feel the Australian cricket team doesn't represent me or the country I believe Australia is whatsoever.

Wankers...….albeit a small selected few such as Cummins.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 06, 2021 12:19 pm

whufc wrote:These cricketers are really pissing me off with their attitudes.

They went over there to chase the millions, the risk in India was always huge. The gamble hasn't paid off, but at least their not stuck sitting in the slums instead stuck in five star hotels, stuck in Maldives, drinking, netflixing, gambling all day every day.

The fact they think they are so hard done by is the pinnacle of arrogance and entailment. I'm at a point these days were I feel the Australian cricket team doesn't represent me or the country I believe Australia is whatsoever.

I haven't seen one player complain yet, Slater on the other hand....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:These cricketers are really pissing me off with their attitudes.

I haven't seen one player complain yet, Slater on the other hand....

Not convinced all the pleas coming from the Warner camp in particular his partner aren't on his behalf.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm

tnt wrote:Not much chance the T20 World Cup will go ahead in India now as well.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/after-ipl-2021-postponement-uae-becomes-realistic-contender-for-t20-world-cup-in-october-november-2021-1262289

The UAE is the back up venue for the T20 World Cup, they could make up for last year's cancellation and have it here in Australia!!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Probably the same as a conversation with Sonny Bill Williams

SBW: "I .......... ...... ......."
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket