Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:5 numbers and the Powerball.

$149, that's just pure horse shit hey?

Yep. I got 5 out 6 in Monday night lotto last year & only got $508.

I remember that, $500 is still pretty handy for a Monday night, nothing good usually happens on a Monday, what do you play?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

$149, that's just pure horse shit hey?

Yep. I got 5 out 6 in Monday night lotto last year & only got $508.

I remember that, $500 is still pretty handy for a Monday night, nothing good usually happens on a Monday, what do you play?

I just play a 25 game (Mega) quick pick for $14.80.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Powerball- just could never get into it

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:11 pm

Wrong thread on 2 counts
For you it should be in the shits thread, for me, im ROFL ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:01 pm

As a thank you for not winning, I’ll buy you a slab of red tins when I win the $80 Mill next week ;)

Our syndicate had that result a month ago :?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of nine men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of six men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.

That’s an awesome achievement, to have had only five people in the past shows how hard it must be to attain, requires dedication twelve months of the year without a break, you should be extremely proud, Well done!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:31 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of six men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.

Congrats Davo, that's magnificent - does the Cricket Club have the same weird Life membership qualifications as the footy club?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Congrats Davo, that's magnificent - does the Cricket Club have the same weird Life membership qualifications as the footy club?

Thank you FC!
The Cricket Club has similar qualifications in that you have to play for a minimum 10 years and play 100 games.
Footy club life membership is a playing life membership where as for cricket it's a club life membership so aswell as playing for the club you have to had served on the committee, volunteer or do something to serve the club (eg. Coaching, Scoring) to become eligible. Also you have to be nominated by a fellow club member to the club committee then the club committee decides to make you a life member. I like that because you are voted in by a peer/your peers and it makes it more prestigious.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

That’s an awesome achievement, to have had only five people in the past shows how hard it must be to attain, requires dedication twelve months of the year without a break, you should be extremely proud, Well done!

Thanks mate, I struggle to get away from the joint haha but I love it, it's my second home and a huge part of my life. I'm there 4/5 times a week using our (my) gym, training, playing, walking the dog and hanging out there so over the last 14 years I've spent more time there than anyone else.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:31 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Thanks mate, I struggle to get away from the joint haha but I love it, it's my second home and a huge part of my life. I'm there 4/5 times a week using our (my) gym, training, playing, walking the dog and hanging out there so over the last 14 years I've spent more time there than anyone else.
The Mayor of the peninsula

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Hey mate, I was going to send you a PM but I thought it more appropriate to call you out publicly.

You utterly deserve life membership of both. You are an absolute club man, who doesn't look for individual accolades but seeks team and club success above what you want for yourself. Every club needs and wants people like you. So congratulations to you on both life memberships.

I know you'd do anything for North Haven and I truly hope you have ongoing satisfaction in everything you do, on field (currently) and what you'll provide to the club off field in future years.

Cheers

Gadj
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:09 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Hey mate, I was going to send you a PM but I thought it more appropriate to call you out publicly.

You utterly deserve life membership of both. You are an absolute club man, who doesn't look for individual accolades but seeks team and club success above what you want for yourself. Every club needs and wants people like you. So congratulations to you on both life memberships.

I know you'd do anything for North Haven and I truly hope you have ongoing satisfaction in everything you do, on field (currently) and what you'll provide to the club off field in future years.

Cheers

Gadj

Thanks for your kind words mate, I appreciate it!

Something that rings true for me is what a former footy coach once said to the team I was playing in during a pre match chat and I think others can relate it to the club that they're a part of/support in all sports at all levels-
You can go through life having different partners, different jobs, have friends and family come in and out of your life and no matter where you are in life this club will always be here and be that constant in your life, my club is exactly that for me.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:17 am

What's even more special is I've now become one of nine men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.

Brilliant mate, you should be proud.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:43 am

Awesome stuff fella, some things last forever, I'm fortunate enough to have a "Players Player Award" named in my honour at my old cricket club, I got to present it again on Friday evening, I get an amazing reception every year on presentation night, something I always cherish.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Awesome stuff fella, some things last forever, I'm fortunate enough to have a "Players Player Award" named in my honour at my old cricket club, I got to present it again on Friday evening, I get an amazing reception every year on presentation night, something I always cherish.

What award is named after ya?
BOG on a cricket trip?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

What award is named after ya?
BOG on a cricket trip?

It's the "Players Player Award", each game each player fills out a 3,2,1 voting slip, the winner at the end of the year gets the award in my name.

My brother easily pips me for Downlow Awards, he's won back to back Downlow's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:56 pm

Congrats TDK, very happy for you. I know how much you love both of your clubs
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Turning my phone back on after a flight, checking in on a bet on a black booker at Canterbury to see it had saluted and a pineapple (plus change) had jumped into the account.... making money at 39,000 feet.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion